I have a 16gb Playbook, which has been just fine since I got it. Yesterday, however, I updated to 2.0.1, and since then it has been exhibiting very odd behaviour.

Basically, it works fine until I put it into standby. Once it's in standby it will not come back on again at all, and I *have* to connect it to a charger. Once on the charger it'll come back on fine (after the obligatory 4 minute boot-up!), and the battery is showing 95% or so. But as soon as I put it back to sleep it dies once again.

It's been on charge all night (although the battery was full yesterday morning and I only used it for a couple of hours), so I was hoping that it would be OK today, but it's just done exactly the same thing again.

Can anyone offer me any help or advice? I don't want to be left with a beautifully designed slab of uselessness

Thanks!
    04-19-12 02:37 AM
    Every update thus far, I've completed. Then, upon use found bugs and things just generally out of whack. Now when an update comes out, I don't even bother.. I make a back up of my apps and then wipe the device clean then I install the update. Personally, I've found this to fix most little annoyances. Most people will say it's not needed and I agree, it likely isn't for most people but it's always something I suggest for people having issues.

Up to you. Take my advice or wait for some other suggestions. Either way, hope it gets sorted for you.
    04-19-12 02:49 AM
    Since it seems to boot/work, it may not be an oddball bug. But if you have ONLY FOLDERS on the DOCK, those top 5 slots, that can cause problems. Some folks have a penchant for organization and have placed only Folders on that dock. That apparently causes issues but I don't think they show up the way yours will not come out of standby.
    04-19-12 09:49 AM
    I was having issues with mine as well doing so wacky things with the browser not wanting to let me swipe down from the top and a few other things....I read to restart the PB a few times....I did and it seems to be working great now!
    04-19-12 09:56 AM
    Hold down [POWER-BUTTON] + [VOLUME-UP] + [VOLUME-DOWN] to Hard reset your PB. in a lot of cases it will work and fixes the problems !
    Jeroen
    04-19-12 10:09 AM
    Silly question but you do know to wake it you need to swipe top to bottom or side to side?
    04-19-12 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD