This has happened periodically before. I turned the Playbook off for a cold boot. Now it keeps asking me to verify my Yahoo account. I have entered my password several times and also just deleted the prompt. I have also re-entered my password in the email settings. The irritating thing is my email works and I can send and receive, but this msg keeps popping up. I also get a little yellow warning triangle. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks so much.
    12-06-12 10:59 AM
    If the root cause is the same as for the GMail users earlier this year, you will likely need to delete the email account, reboot the tablet, and set-up the email account again.
    12-06-12 11:09 AM
    If the root cause is the same as for the GMail users earlier this year, you will likely need to delete the email account, reboot the tablet, and set-up the email account again.
    Well it has happened to me a few times before and it just seemed to dissipate. The email account works, for example, I got a 'ding' when you posted your response above. Do you know what causes this?
    12-06-12 11:23 AM
    I find this happens periodically to my yahoo accounts as well. It will misbehave for a few days, then just as suddenly as it starts, it clears up.

gail
    castoridae likes this.
    12-06-12 01:27 PM
    I find this happens periodically to my yahoo accounts as well. It will misbehave for a few days, then just as suddenly as it starts, it clears up. gail
    Yes that's exactly what happens. The last time, I actually tried to join and load a gmail account. A couple of days later, it just stopped. I guess I'll just have to wait it out and see if it corrects itself. Thx
    12-06-12 01:50 PM
    I find this happens periodically to my yahoo accounts as well. It will misbehave for a few days, then just as suddenly as it starts, it clears up.

gail
    This happened to my Yahoo mail account for the last two days, I had to keep entering my password and today it just stopped and is fine. This seems to happen once or twice a month. I guess as weird as it is, it could be considered normal.
    castoridae likes this.
    12-06-12 04:13 PM
    This happened to my Yahoo mail account for the last two days, I had to keep entering my password and today it just stopped and is fine. This seems to happen once or twice a month. I guess as weird as it is, it could be considered normal.
    Does your Yahoo account work thru' the PB messages app? Does it support folders and keep emails more than 30 days?
    12-06-12 04:49 PM
    Does your Yahoo account work thru' the PB messages app? Does it support folders and keep emails more than 30 days?
    Hi Michel, what I,m seeing in messages using my yahoo account is. If I file an eMail in folders from my playbook, it stays for longer than 30 days, however, it will not let me view items in my yahoo folders which were filed prior to using playbook. For older files in my yahoo folders I need to access yahoo thru the browser which is slow and painfull on the playbook.

A bit of a pain, but my older yahoo files are still there.
    12-06-12 05:07 PM
    It doesn't seem to matter if I enter my password, or just delete the pop up, the email works.
    12-06-12 05:22 PM
    It doesn't seem to matter if I enter my password, or just delete the pop up, the email works.
    It may be the yahoo login in your browser thats doing it and why your email in messages is not effected.
    12-06-12 05:30 PM
    It happens with Yahoo Mail since the last update.

Apparently RIM has made no effort whatsoever to correct that.
    12-06-12 06:37 PM
    It may be the yahoo login in your browser thats doing it and why your email in messages is not effected.
    I don't think I understand what you mean; my yahoo password has never changed. I access yahoo.com using it with no trouble.
    12-06-12 08:27 PM
    In account settings under advanced settings make sure the option Use SSL is off.
    12-06-12 09:21 PM
    In account settings under advanced settings make sure the option Use SSL is off.
    ok, I've made this change, but having the setting at SSL was ok before. Can you please tell me what this function does? Thx
    12-07-12 11:46 AM
    Here is what has fixed this for me.

Step 1: Delete the account off the Playbook.

Step 2: Go to m.yahoo.com sign in and make sure to enter the captcha.

Step 3: On the PB, go click Add Account> Mail, Contacts and Calendars.
    - Choose Advanced Setup at the bottom.
    - Choose IMAP
    - Enter Yahoo IMAP information.
    Incoming Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Incoming Port: 993 (requires SSL)
    Outgoing Port: 465 (requires SSL/TLS)
    User name: full email address (for example, bill@yahoo.com or bill@rocketmail.com)
    Password: the password you use to log in to Yahoo! with.

- Save the accout.

I have stopped getting prompted to sign in.
    12-07-12 12:36 PM
    Step 3: - Enter Yahoo IMAP information.
    User name: full email address (for example, bill@yahoo.com or bill@rocketmail.com)
    Password: the password you use to log in to Yahoo! with.I have stopped getting prompted to sign in.
    Re captcha - no can do; no matter how I access yahoo, it knows me and I'm automatically signed in; kind if like this site
    However, I did check my playbook account settings and they are exactly what you listed
    Last edited by castoridae; 12-07-12 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Spelling
    12-07-12 05:24 PM

Step 1: Delete the account off the Playbook.

Step 3: On the PB, go click Add Account> Mail, Contacts and Calendars.
    - Choose Advanced Setup at the bottom.
    - Choose IMAP
    - Enter Yahoo IMAP information.
    Password: the password you use to log in to Yahoo! with.

- Save the accout.

I have stopped getting prompted to sign in.
    Not good advice bones. I deleted my email account, followed your steps. Now I cant get my mail back and Ive lost my contacts as well. Kind of pod with RIM right now. It should not be this difficult.
    12-08-12 02:41 PM
    Not good advice bones. I deleted my email account, followed your steps. Now I cant get my mail back and Ive lost my contacts as well. Kind of pod with RIM right now. It should not be this difficult.
    I didn't do the above, because as stated by others, if you just leave it alone, it seems to work after a few days. Good news is that you can't really lose your yahoo; you might have to play around a bit, but it will re-appear eventually.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    12-09-12 06:58 PM
    You're ok with your device keeping asking password for a few days ?
    12-10-12 06:14 AM
    No, I'm not ok with any of this. However, none of the above suggestions helped me before - (I also asked about this in November). I tried the stuff above and even tried to start a gmail account. Nothing helped and it just stopped doing it.
    I thought there were BlackBerry Playbook developers on this site; can't they look into this or help us?
    12-10-12 07:21 AM
    When my yahoo mail keeps asking for my password repeatedly on my PlayBook I use my pc to sign in. My settings are to keep me signed in for two weeks. That usually fixes it, even when I tell the PlayBook to cancel on the prompt. Don't know what one has to do with the other, just seems to work.
    castoridae likes this.
    12-10-12 12:39 PM
    Its a lot better than loosing your email and contacts for a week if you delete your yahoo account. My email came back after a few days but my contacts are still missing. Not a very scientific or assuring process is it.

RIM support has been no help. It may have to do with yahoo syncing.

I hope BB10 doesnt have this nonsense or they will be in deep doodoo.
    12-10-12 12:47 PM
    agreed
    12-10-12 01:24 PM
    Its a lot better than loosing your email and contacts for a week if you delete your yahoo account. My email came back after a few days but my contacts are still missing. Not a very scientific or assuring process is it.

RIM support has been no help. It may have to do with yahoo syncing.

It's been about 5-6 days now; this is the longest that I've had to deal with this. Got thru over an hour of emailing before being asked to sign in this morning - maybe it forgot to forget who I am
    12-12-12 08:53 AM