Hello, Obviously new here on the forums, this isn't even really my playbook as I am fixing it for a relative, on to the problem. I will do my best to write down all the important detail start to finish of the last five hours.
    1. Simple, they forgot their password, turn on playbook to input, boots up fine, the "home screen" was black, and then pixels and sections of the screen started flashing so I figured software glitch, turned off
    2. Turned on, it went into a perpetual boot for half an hour and did nothing else.
    3. Off it went, wouldn't turn on, changed outlets and it went to black screen with Blackberry Playbook across it
    4. Off again by itself and would show anything for an hour until i connected to PC
    5. Updated it, and at the end says it cannot connect without password being input on device, which I can't do since it won't turn on.

This has already been sent in for a broken charging port so I don't believe RiM will send another replacement correct me if I'm wrong. I appreciate any help as I am at a loss. Thanks to anyone with any info!
    05-05-13 09:50 PM
    Do a search here on "debrick". You'll lose everything on the PB but it might solve your problem.
    05-05-13 10:07 PM
    I don't know if this will help or not. It has worked for me when my playbook wouldn't boot properly.
    On the top of the playbook is four buttons: The power button, "+", "-", and play/pause button. Press the power button, the "+" button, and the "-" button simultaneously. It's worth a shot. Let us know how it goes.
    05-05-13 10:35 PM
    When you say you "updated" it - what exactly did you do? You might have already done a debrick if you used Desktop Software to "update."

Not knowing the password, generally erases all info (pictures, docs, etc) but should not have wiped out the pb entirely.
    05-05-13 10:36 PM
    Hello, Obviously new here on the forums, this isn't even really my playbook as I am fixing it for a relative, on to the problem. I will do my best to write down all the important detail start to finish of the last five hours.
    1. Simple, they forgot their password, turn on playbook to input, boots up fine, the "home screen" was black, and then pixels and sections of the screen started flashing so I figured software glitch, turned off
    2. Turned on, it went into a perpetual boot for half an hour and did nothing else.
    3. Off it went, wouldn't turn on, changed outlets and it went to black screen with Blackberry Playbook across it
    4. Off again by itself and would show anything for an hour until i connected to PC
    5. Updated it, and at the end says it cannot connect without password being input on device, which I can't do since it won't turn on.

This has already been sent in for a broken charging port so I don't believe RiM will send another replacement correct me if I'm wrong. I appreciate any help as I am at a loss. Thanks to anyone with any info!
    Please help me understand here.

What exactly was the problem your relatives were suffering and that you were trying to fix?

If it was just a forgotten password? Then the pb should still boot correctly until it requests the password. I don't quite understand the black screen pixel problem that caused you to reboot?

It would be helpful to say the least if members are going to try to assist in rectifying the problem.
    05-06-13 03:04 PM
    could be me, but something sounds fishy here...
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-06-13 04:15 PM