Hi, does anyone can help me? My 'Browser' icon was lost when I arrange 'Browser' icon to 'Favourite' tab three weeks ago, and now I must click on bookmarked site icon in homescreen to open 'Browser'. I don't know how to make it appear again, I've downloaded new OS upgrade, but it is still lost until now. I won't to wipe, because I have many downloaded app, it will take a long time to install all of them.
    So, how to make it appear again on my Homescreen?
    Thanks for your attention..
    06-29-11 02:11 AM
    You will need to do a hard reset.

Hold
    Power Button
    Volume -
    Volume +

Failing this unfortunately you may need to do a security wipe. It is easy to re install the apps, app world will have them ready for you.

Back up all your media first! :-)
    alfuz likes this.
    06-29-11 02:37 AM
    You will need to do a hard reset.

Hold
    Power Button
    Volume -
    Volume +

Failing this unfortunately you may need to do a security wipe. It is easy to re install the apps, app world will have them ready for you.

Back up all your media first! :-)
    Ok, I'll try it first.
    I've asked to other forums, too.
    Thanks for your answer.
    06-29-11 03:08 AM
    In addition to what wast said above, if you use Desktop Manager (DM), and do a backup, it can backup apps and then restore them after you do the Security Wipe. If you do a wipe, make sure you are in a wifi area since it will be needed to re-download the OS.
    06-29-11 08:31 AM
    Follow the first choice and let us know.
    Even if you do the backup and restore, after wiping the device you 'll have to install again your apps through app world-my world.
    06-29-11 04:24 PM
    My calender icon went missing. A tap in the area of the missing icon still accessed the calender program but no icon appeared. I held down the icon "space" until the icons vibrated. It then reappeared. Strange but true.
    09-09-12 09:10 AM
    This happened to me with my messages icon. You have to back up everything on your playbook but you cannot do it the way that will remember your settings, icon arrangements etc.
    You must back up your media separately. Then wipe your playbook and reload your media and apps onto it. It won't be the same icon arrangements as before but that is easy to fix, just take a screen shot of the icons.

Doing a backup of all the files then reloading them will result in the same icon missing.
    09-09-12 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD