ive noticed that sometimes i have to keep refreshing a page cuz it wont load. i wanted my playbook to replace my notebook cpu, is this a known problem? i dont think lagging is the correct term, the page wont load unless i keep trying
    Last edited by bjacob; 01-25-12 at 09:10 AM.
    01-25-12 09:07 AM
    I don't know if this is a known issue, but, I recently received a replacement PB and it is lagging quite frequently. It is a newer build than my initial purchase, as it has the elevated power button. My first one, which had a malfunctioning microphone, was incredibly fast and now this one has a hard time opening some websites. Maybe it is our settings. I would like to know, also.
    01-25-12 09:12 AM
    Check your router log to make sure it is not a router problem. Other than that, close the browser occasionally as it seems to help. Usually if it is not the router, it can just be that the web site you are going to is very busy and loaded with ads. I get the impression that some sites are coded to not fully load until after the ads load.

If the problem is with the CrackBerry site, this site can just be slow even on a PC.
    MrLynd54 likes this.
    01-25-12 09:13 AM
    Check your router log to make sure it is not a router problem. Other than that, close the browser occasionally as it seems to help. Usually if it is not the router, it can just be that the web site you are going to is very busy and loaded with ads. I get the impression that some sites are coded to not fully load until after the ads load.

If the problem is with the CrackBerry site, this site can just be slow even on a PC.

There are several web sites I visit that take extra time to load, including this one. Some times you have to be patient, it will get there.
    01-25-12 09:27 AM
    Turning javascript off really speeds the loading of Crackberry. You might have had that off in the earlier pb?

Then there's the b/g/n settings for the router - turning off N can help with some pb's and routers.
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    01-25-12 10:02 AM
    i have the same problem too. i thought i was the only one. it takes several tries just to get a site to load. and hitting / clicking on links doesn't work all the time.
    01-25-12 10:12 AM
    You are right, turning off javascript helped a lot. Why would I need to have it turned on?
    01-25-12 10:13 AM
    You are right, turning off javascript helped a lot. Why would I need to have it turned on?
    I guess that certain sites actually require it to see some aspects of their site. I have found this out the 'hard' way on my desktop computer. I added a firefox add-on that can block javascript and I may have to remove it as so many sites use javascript and I have to keep changing options for those sites to work - this includes verizon, a news site I visit and a ton of others (bestbuy, staples....).
    01-25-12 12:02 PM
    I added a firefox add-on that can block javascript and I may have to remove it as so many sites use javascript and I have to keep changing options for those sites to work ...
    My apologies, this reply is rather off subject -- The plugin NoScript for FireFox (and also for several other browsers) lets you block or allow JavaScript and Flash on a site-by-site basis, permanently or temporarily. You can even block some of the JavaScript and Flash activity on a given page while allowing the rest (as a function of the websites which provide the scripts). Configuration takes more time and is more complicated than simply toggling JavaScript and Flash on and off. It would be nice to have more configurable options for the PlayBook browser.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-25-12 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD