My wife wanted to check out some pictures her sister posted on Snapfish and couldn't get it to work on her iPad via the browser. It needs flash, so that was part of the problem. But it was more the that. The browser was so unbearably slow she couldn't even get the login screen to come up.

While she was struggling to get into the site I thought I'd try on my Playbook. Sitting next to her I fired the Playbook up and watched her face as the Playbook's browser screamed through the site's login screen and then proceeded to run dozens and dozens of photos in a slideshow on its magnificent HD screen (her sister is a professional photographer).

I posted in another thread about being in a hotel with the wifi down. Apparantly they got it back up today, but I'm only getting one or two bars of signal and my Playbook still performed shockingly well. I should mention I'm running OS2 beta. My browser seems to scream since moving to OS2. Good stuff.

My wife told me she must need a newer version iPad or something. I told her "now you know why I bought this beauty!" Gadget purchase justified. Gotta love it. :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    12-03-11 08:13 PM
    i only experienced the bridge browser screaming after turned off bt to save battery power. when i turned it back on it was super fast. but it hasnt persisted.

ya pb is handier in a lot of instances compared to others.
    12-03-11 08:47 PM
    If I'm not mistaken the OP was using wifi at the time along with the ipad.
    12-03-11 08:55 PM
    i only experienced the bridge browser screaming after turned off bt to save battery power. when i turned it back on it was super fast. but it hasnt persisted.

ya pb is handier in a lot of instances compared to others.
    This wasn't the bridge browser. This was the regular browser through wifi.

12-03-11 08:57 PM
    I have to agree, I LOVE the faster speed on OS 2.0. I just need to wait for RIM to clear out those bugs in the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-11 09:57 PM
    My wife wanted to check out some pictures her sister posted on Snapfish and couldn't get it to work on her iPad via the browser.
    There's an app for that.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-03-11 10:11 PM
    There's an app for that.
    Wouldn't it be nice to not have to fill your device up with apps that wouldn't be needed if only............
    12-03-11 10:23 PM
    There's an app for that.
    Yes, the logical thing to do when someone sends you a web url is to go to the iTunes Appstore and see if they have an app that will fill in for their deficient browser for each particular situation... That's magical.
    CracklePot likes this.
    12-03-11 10:32 PM
    The PB is a tier one tab. The ifad is a topped out tier two. The next generation as opposed to today's if you will.

It's still early days for "BBX".
    alnamvet68 and CracklePot like this.
    12-04-11 02:08 AM
    There's an app for that.
    Yeah, I found that app via a search too. I will probably have to load it for her and try it out.

What interested me more though was the head-to-head comparison of the browsers and wifi performance between two first generation devices performing under similar low-signal conditions. For a first-gen device, the Playbook's performance is nothing short of impressive.

12-04-11 05:00 PM
    The PB is a tier one tab. The ifad is a topped out tier two. The next generation as opposed to today's if you will.
    In other words, RIM is posted a $485 million loss on a product that's superior to the market leader? I guess that's how you snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
    12-04-11 05:13 PM
    In other words, RIM is posted a $485 million loss on a product that's superior to the market leader? I guess that's how you snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
    Who cares about RIM, on any given day the PB will kick the pads **** blue...... so now who is the leader eh..
    I guess its good they named it the pad, it might just help ease the kicking it gets from the PB...... you know kind of cushion the hard hits....
    12-04-11 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD