I'm trying to use my ipcamera as a baby monitor.

It works great, but there is one huge problem....the playbook keeps going to sleep.

Has anyone have a solution to this problem, or know of another viewer app that won't go to sleep?
    08-29-12 10:04 PM
    I thought there was a "keep awake" type app - but it had to remain running and possibly even be partially showing but it was quite a while ago if I recall.
    08-29-12 10:26 PM
    Try Stay ON, free on App World.
    08-29-12 10:59 PM
    What about the showcase mode or something like that? Does that help?
    08-30-12 01:41 AM
    Tried the stay on app, as well as showcase settings, and every combination there of and I can't seem to get it to work.

Any other suggestions on how to keep the playbook awake?
    09-01-12 02:40 PM
    Stay on and showcase mode will work, but Stay on must be visible at all times. You can still view your cam app, just as long as you don't maximize it so Stay on is not visible.
    09-01-12 02:54 PM
    You can download my app "Talking Alarm Text Clock" and as long as it is in the Foreground, it will keep your playbook awake!!

I just don't know if your camera app will still update and work when it is in the background, or if it "freezes". If you set your Playbook to run all apps even when in background, it should work. There is a setting for that.

Worth a try. Try the free TAT Clock app first, and if it works, please consider getting the pro version. Let me know!

PS - The developer of your camera app should have made something to keep it awake while running.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    09-01-12 03:07 PM
    Just thinking, how do you view your IP camera? In the Playbook's browser or do you use a Playbook app? I may be able to make an app for that which stays awake, if all you are doing is opening up a webpage with a streaming video embedded in it. Tell me more about your setup!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    09-01-12 03:11 PM
    The app I'm using is called tiny cam. It is an android port.

I am unable to view my cam directly in the browser. I believe may be an active x applet.

When I try to view it, it just gives me a blank grey box.

Ill try leaving both stay on and tiny cam in "showcase" (by that I mean with neither in full screen) and see if that work. But that kinda defeats the purpose of having a full screen view

Ill let you know

Thanks for the help
    09-02-12 01:56 AM
    Okay so I made some progress with this tonight.

I was tying to use it with stay on in showcase and it seemed just before the time out would occur, it would crash tiny cam.

So I rebooted. To see if that would fix the problem and it did.

If I leave it in showcase mode with stay on open then the pb will stay on and the ip camera feed will remain active and will not time out.

So this is a bandaid solution, but a solution none the less. I do find the rotating pictures of stay on to be a bit annoying. Especially to the wife. So tomorrow ill give your talking alarm clock app a try and see if it works out better for me.

Now if we could only get full screen without a time out, I'd be in heaven.
    09-02-12 02:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD