All been going along happily and good old TalkTalk router throws a wobbly and has to be rebooted. Since then my playbook does not recieve any incoming e-mails. I can send alright but i just get unable to connect to network message and no incoming e-mails.
    Tower PC works fine with e-mail in and out so i guess a setting has been lost or changed. Anyone able to tell me which one i should look for.
    Not technical so sorry if it is obvious.
    Has this site changed as i was signed in but had to sign in again to get in?
    06-22-14 06:15 AM
    Remove the account and then re add it?
    06-22-14 07:34 AM
    Thanks for that. But would you believe i have deleted the account and then found out that TalkTalk have a problem and i am unable to connect to them so probably did not need to delete it. Hey ho thats the wonder of Talktalk. probably come back to you when i can connect.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-22-14 02:05 PM
    Hi again,
    Seems TalkTalk have sorted themselves out but i am unable to add the email account back in automaticaly by using email and password.
    I did have problems originaly and some one on this forum kindly listed the details and i connected okay.
    Have tried to find that post but the site seems to have changed and i can't find my old login details or posts.
    I would be grateful for any help.
    Last edited by windfarmer; 06-23-14 at 01:54 AM. Reason: spelling
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-23-14 01:53 AM
    06-23-14 07:01 AM
    Thanks for that and i have put the settings in for a POP3 account but still not quite working. While it is 'saving' i get the incoming e-mail sound and the red light for incoming mail glows , but then i get the message ' the server for smpt.talktalk.net for your account(Talktalk- my email@talktalk.net is either offline or your settings are incorrect. Please check your settings and try again. The error message is exactly as i show it with the open bracket at the front and no close brackets and a capital T in talktalk. I know the server is working as my PC is connecting fine.I must be doing something wrong as it is obviously close to working. I would be grateful if you could see if you think there is anything wrong with my settings'.
    The settings i am using are as follows.
    User Name -----------My email address
    Email address--------My email address
    Password----------- My TalkTalk email password
    Server address------ mail.talktalk.net
    Port--------------------- 110
    Use SSL-------------- Off
    SMPT username-----my email address
    SMPT password----- my talktalk email password
    SMTP Server address----- smpt.talktalk.net
    SMPT port------------- 587
    SMPT encryption-------Off
    Sync interval ----- 15 minutes
    Initial retrieval ammount------ days.
    06-24-14 04:30 AM
    Try smtp in place of smpt

Typo
    06-24-14 06:23 AM
    Didn't think I had done that but reloading it all carefully and it works. 158 emails came in. Will have to spend rest of evening deleting. Many thanks for your help.
    Just one thing should the sync encryption be off. It is at the moment.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-24-14 02:39 PM
    Didn't think I had done that but reloading it all carefully and it works. 158 emails came in. Will have to spend rest of evening deleting. Many thanks for your help.
    Just one thing should the sync encryption be off. It is at the moment.
    Sync encryption? Not familiar with that.
    06-25-14 06:34 AM
    Well it all seems to be working OK except emails seem to come in in a bunch not as the are sent but i suspect that is a TalkTalk problem as they started all this.
    Thanks for all your help.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-25-14 10:39 AM