I know people like to hear these fun and positive stories from time to time, so I'm posting it here...

Me and my girlfriend had some people over for St. Patricks Day festivities on Saturday. We had our Music Choice playing through our entertainment center through Comcast... Gangster Rap channel. My girl got tired of it and wanted to put on Pandora, so she wen't to my desktop PC to put it on. But the speakers aren't as good, so I stopped her and told her to put it on the main system. She was like "how?" -- Well, on the PlayBook, of course. I have the sideloaded Pandora app, works great.

So I connected the cable and away we went, and she grabbed my Bold 9930 and said, "I can use this thing as a mouse right?" and I said "yes" -- and with a couple simple directions, like how to mimic a swipe-down from the top, we we're having fun with Pandora.

My friends were all commenting on how cool my device was and asking them what I was using. But it didn't stop there, because I started fiddling with it and then launched The Logo Game, and wow is that a great party game. Everyone was shouting out logos and then googling the ones they couldn't guess.

A great experience at a house party, thanks to my BB devices. The crazy thing is that no one had seen anything like it before... But that makes sense because no one else has a remote control app like BB does. Even though it is now two years old, the Bold+PB pairing, with the bridge, is awesome. It was cool, too, when people would be at the door and a little window would pop up on the TV screen saying "Front Door" when the phone was ringing.
    juacas, Vorkosigan and lcjr like this.
    03-18-13 08:05 AM
    Great products. Bad marketing. It really looks like the PlayBook is a dead product now. That sucks. I'm glad I've got one for my lady, one for me and a spare.
    03-18-13 08:11 AM
    BlackBerry should give one out with BB10 product purchases, they would soon know how successful it will be.

A Z10 or Q10 with a free tablet....who wouldn't swipe that up and sway to BB when given that choice. PB2 would be not far off in the distance after capturing your market that would want to upgrade to the better PB2.
    03-18-13 01:41 PM
    It's a shame that the PlayBook is not well known but at the same time I kind of like when these stories happen cause is like some kind of vindication for the PlayBook and I fell unique owning one. Am I alone on this?
    03-18-13 07:39 PM
    Love to show off my PB. Most people love it and are surprised at what it can do.
    03-18-13 08:08 PM
    The playbook may not be production but there are a fair few out there and currys in the uk still have a lot of stock selling them for �130 for the 64gb model. which is the one I have. if i didn't have a tablet now and was looking to get one I would still buy the playbook. blackberry should rethink the advertising instead of disscontinuing it.
    03-18-13 09:03 PM
    I show my PlayBook to everyone I can and I get the same statement every time ( I didn't know BlackBerry made a tablet ). H**l I didn't know until 8 months ago and as soon as I found the PlayBook I bought one. Everyone that I have shown the PlayBook to has been impressed with it. Especially with the BlackBerry Bridge.
    03-18-13 10:21 PM