Pick up any $200.00 tablet and tell me BB could even begin to compete in that market any longer. That ship sailed years ago and they didn't even know it was docked at the port.
    11-17-13 03:59 PM
    They'd be better off bringing out a 'Bridge to BlackBerry' app that runs on iOS and Android tablets that contains PIM apps that show the email accounts setup on your BlackBerry phone, Browser that uses your phones mobile connection, a photo and video player and DocsToGo with access to the files on your phone like Bridge on the PlayBook. Then we could at least use other tablets and feel like there is a unique feature our BlackBerry phones bring to them.

They already have the code for the PIM apps, Browser and DocsToGo in their Secure Workspace product for iOS and Android on BES10 so they are already half way there. Sell it in the app stores rather than make it free, I'm sure we'd buy it for the functionality it would bring.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 11-17-13 at 04:33 PM.
    11-17-13 04:20 PM
    They'd be better off bringing out a 'Bridge to BlackBerry' app that runs on iOS and Android tablets that contains PIM apps that show the email accounts setup on your BlackBerry phone, Browser that uses your phones mobile connection, a photo and video player and DocsToGo with access to the files on your phone like Bridge on the PlayBook. Then we could at least use other tablets and feel like there is a unique feature our BlackBerry phones bring to them.

They already have the code for the PIM apps, Browser and DocsToGo in their Secure Workspace product for iOS and Android on BES10 so they are already half way there. Sell it in the app stores rather than make it free, I'm sure we'd buy it for the functionality it would bring.

Posted via CB10
    The bridge application is what I miss.

Sent from my SM-N900P using CB Forums mobile app
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-17-13 04:50 PM
    Your suggestion is very close to what game BB tried to "play" with the initial playbook. Remember the whole email fiasco - you needed to have a BB phone to bridge to your email without any other email support. People shouldn't be force to buy a BB10 device to use their tablet.

Better yet why not provide both options to the end user: (1) a product that will provide you with the big screen to run off your BB10 phone with full integration (cheaper device);and, (2) standalone tablet running optimize BB10 and the full experience even on the wifi only devices (bbm, etc.)
    My suggestion is very different from what they tried. It is an accessory for BlackBerry mobiles rather than a tablet. Simply a display and touchscreen interface to use in situations where that form factor is optimal.

As to second point. Why not. Sounds good to me. I'm pro giving people choice and differences. Just felt blackberry haven't seemed to want to do a tablet so focused on the mobile computing accessory idea.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    11-18-13 01:28 PM
    Fair enough but the focus should be to market the current phones so they actually have people to sell this accessory to.

Posted via CB10
    Of course. Wasn't saying not to. They have to keep moving though And in my opinion this would benefit current devices by promoting their mobile computing capabilities.

11-18-13 01:33 PM
    So Asus PadFone Form factor ??
    dont think its a runaway success ... esp not for an OS with no other form factors available.

I did a writeup on a Playbook 2.0 a while ago .... you should check that out. LINK
    Thanks - very good write up. Makes a lot of sense and would love that, too. Though I'd choose a slightly smaller z10 with "pad dock" and "desk dock" Mobile computing... one core device with different interfaces for different situations.

Yes I also like the padphone - it's not bb10 though Which will hopefully adapt even more to any form factor than it already does with hdmi to monitor + keyboard/mouse. The future's mobile...

Last edited by dougsymon; 11-18-13 at 02:03 PM.
    11-18-13 01:45 PM
    Good point. Also better to get away from the reputation of the playbook and highlight the versatile direction of bb10.

Reputation of the PlayBook? I will help you newbie there was absolutely nothing wrong with PlayBook except it was RIM who destroyed the PlayBook and now to think that same repackaged company can produce a PlayBook with better results is almost a silly as this run on sentence. Hippie hopes are all that is left.
    11-18-13 06:42 PM
    Reputation of the PlayBook? I will help you newbie there was absolutely nothing wrong with PlayBook except it was RIM who destroyed the PlayBook and now to think that same repackaged company can produce a PlayBook with better results is almost a silly as this run on sentence. Hippie hopes are all that is left.

I like the PlayBook. Only already having an iPad stopped me getting one.

And as this thread has progressed it's become clearer I'm not suggesting a new playbook really.

Last edited by dougsymon; 11-19-13 at 03:24 PM.
    11-19-13 01:56 AM
    Recently just got a Surface Pro. So far so good and gives me no reason to ever consider buying a BlackBerry tablet.

Posted via a ZeDex
    11-19-13 02:31 AM
    My aging eyeballs find the z10 screen too small for gaming, surfing the web and watching vids. Having an app that would mirror the z10 screen and touch onto the PB would be perfect.
    As you all know there's a number of programs that can mirror your PC's screen onto the PB, so why not the BB10 family?

I too like the OP's idea of a device where you drop/dock your BB10 device into a slot and enjoy the bigger screen.
    11-20-13 08:53 AM
    Agree with broight

11-23-13 10:05 AM
    Pick up any $200.00 tablet and tell me BB could even begin to compete in that market any longer. That ship sailed years ago and they didn't even know it was docked at the port.
    If they actually out comparable specs of course they could compete.

Posted via Jiggy's Z10
    11-23-13 12:21 PM
37 12