...simply a touch screen that you slot your bb10 mobile into.

With the increasingly exciting mobile computing possibilities of bb10 they should give people the optimal user interface for different situations.

Out and about = mobile (obv.)
    Car/about the house = tablet form
    Work = desktop form

So with mobile and desktop (hdmi/stream to display + bluetooth mouse/keyboard) moving forward nicely it's a no brainer for PlayBook II as bb10 developes surely?

Sunday's are dull, eh?!

BlackBerry Keyboards and Mouse/trackpad anyone?

P.S. Feel free to move/merge this if in wrong place/already discussed (cb10 app search didn't find much)and go easy on my enthusiasm as first new thread for me here I think

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    11-17-13 08:03 AM
    .....never released!! Hahahaha
    11-17-13 08:05 AM
    Eh, I'd like to see a beautifully designed PlayBook 2.. it needs seamless integration with bb10 phones and has to be feature rich..

Posted via CB10
    johnm137 likes this.
    11-17-13 08:17 AM
    I don't think it's needed anymore. Using the Z10 alongside iPad I increasingly want to just use the Z10 with a tablet size screen. It just makes so much more sense that everything is on one device without syncing.

BB_makes_it_happen likes this.
    11-17-13 08:29 AM
    I don't think it's needed anymore. Using the Z10 alongside iPad I increasingly want to just use the Z10 with a tablet size screen. It just makes so much more sense that everything is on one device without syncing.

It's a good idea but I think they should market it properly and not use the PlayBook name.

Posted via CB10
    dougsymon likes this.
    11-17-13 08:36 AM
    I don't think the new PlayBook would success as an extension for a BlackBerry phone. Remember how the original PlayBook failed partly because it wasn't an independent device, didn't have its own PIM apps and you had to connect it to a BlackBerry phone to have the full functionality? BYOD is the thing now, everybody likes to have a freedom of choice.

Posted via CB10
    Just Me likes this.
    11-17-13 09:02 AM
    I agree with OP. Make it have wifi direct and miracast so it can support any mobile device with the specs. Make it have all options for connectivity and bam, I think it would be a winner paired up with the new BlackBerry pure sound stuff!

Posted via CB10
    dougsymon likes this.
    11-17-13 09:07 AM
    Have I missed something or are you smoking the funny cigarettes ?

I really do not think this is going to happen , you can not just wish and click your red heels for this one I am afraid.
    dougsymon and vangelas like this.
    11-17-13 09:13 AM
    It's a good idea but I think they should market it properly and not use the PlayBook name.

Posted via CB10
    Good point. Also better to get away from the reputation of the playbook and highlight the versatile direction of bb10.

wafiwanders and Bor Navas like this.
    11-17-13 09:37 AM
    I think before they can think about a tablet, they might want to market their current high end device. The Z30 is a beauty. Unreal battery life, smooth, slick...simply amazing. Yet, I have not seen one advertisement for it. Not a single one. So before we jump the gun here, maybe BlackBerry should market the best phone they have ever made and get some kind of traction.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 09:49 AM
    I agree with OP. Make it have wifi direct and miracast so it can support any mobile device with the specs. Make it have all options for connectivity and bam, I think it would be a winner paired up with the new BlackBerry pure sound stuff!

Posted via CB10
    So the only BlackBerry phone a new BlackBerry tablet should work with is the Z30?! Wow that would be a hit.

Posted via CB10
    dougsymon likes this.
    11-17-13 09:54 AM
    The dumblet idea has been discussed to death in these forums this year.

It's been tried and proven not to be a successful idea already by both BlackBerry with the initial release of the PlayBook and in the Android world. Consumers expect a tablet to be standalone and smart all by itself and not by having to spend double the money on two gadgets that pair together.

Posted via CB10
    Tabdus and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    11-17-13 09:57 AM
    Your suggestion is very close to what game BB tried to "play" with the initial playbook. Remember the whole email fiasco - you needed to have a BB phone to bridge to your email without any other email support. People shouldn't be force to buy a BB10 device to use their tablet.

Better yet why not provide both options to the end user: (1) a product that will provide you with the big screen to run off your BB10 phone with full integration (cheaper device);and, (2) standalone tablet running optimize BB10 and the full experience even on the wifi only devices (bbm, etc.)
    11-17-13 10:02 AM
    I think before they can think about a tablet, they might want to market their current high end device. The Z30 is a beauty. Unreal battery life, smooth, slick...simply amazing. Yet, I have not seen one advertisement for it. Not a single one. So before we jump the gun here, maybe BlackBerry should market the best phone they have ever made and get some kind of traction.

Posted via CB10
    Amen.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:27 AM
    Think of it as an accessory to your BB10 not a tablet... its an extension.

Posted via CB10
    dougsymon likes this.
    11-17-13 10:52 AM
    Think of it as an accessory to your BB10 not a tablet... its an extension.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough but the focus should be to market the current phones so they actually have people to sell this accessory to.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:55 AM
    Fair enough but the focus should be to market the current phones so they actually have people to sell this accessory to.

Posted via CB10
    Of course. BB10 mobiles need to be pushed through.... I'm just wondering if they ever will...

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:59 AM
    ...simply a touch screen that you slot your bb10 mobile into.

With the increasingly exciting mobile computing possibilities of bb10 they should give people the optimal user interface for different situations.

Out and about = mobile (obv.)
    Car/about the house = tablet form
    Work = desktop form

So with mobile and desktop (hdmi/stream to display + bluetooth mouse/keyboard) moving forward nicely it's a no brainer for PlayBook II as bb10 developes surely?

Sunday's are dull, eh?!

BlackBerry Keyboards and Mouse/trackpad anyone?

P.S. Feel free to move/merge this if in wrong place/already discussed (cb10 app search didn't find much)and go easy on my enthusiasm as first new thread for me here I think

a fully functioning bridge would aleviate the need for for a dumb tablet that is useless without the phone,,, ASUS is already doing this,(dumb tablet), w/ their padfone line...
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 11-17-13 at 11:35 AM.
    11-17-13 11:02 AM
    Reinventing the Playbook is not the answer folks, especially where Blackberry the company is at the moment. Add all the BB10 features and functions (where applicable), add the ability to load Blackberry and Android apps and people will get excited again. With that, I know I would use it outside the weekend and at work again........Keep it simple silly but functional and they will come..........
    11-17-13 11:04 AM
    I don't think the new PlayBook would success as an extension for a BlackBerry phone. Remember how the original PlayBook failed partly because it wasn't an independent device, didn't have its own PIM apps and you had to connect it to a BlackBerry phone to have the full functionality? BYOD is the thing now, everybody likes to have a freedom of choice.

Posted via CB10
    huh???!!! totally not true,,, the playbook is/was fully functional without being bridged when connected to a wifi network,,, the only time it needs a phone to connect is when NOT connected to wifi, which is the beauty of it, you have internet on your playbook while the other tablets don't,,, not to mention all the functions that bridge gives between phone & playbook...
    dougsymon likes this.
    11-17-13 11:19 AM
    huh???!!! totally not true,,, the playbook is/was fully functional without being bridged when connected to a wifi network,,, the only time it needs a phone to connect is when NOT connected to wifi, which is the beauty of it, you have internet on your playbook while the other tablets don't,,, not to mention all the functions that bridge gives between phone & playbook...
    Wrong. When the PlayBook launched you couldn't synchronise it with any email accounts so no messaging, no contacts, no calendar. Bridge allowed you to interact with the email accounts that were already set up on a BlackBerry phone. It was nearly a year until the 2.0 OS came out with native PIM apps and mailbox sync capability, which from a company that's all about communication was a bad joke.

Posted via CB10
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    11-17-13 11:27 AM
    Wrong. When the PlayBook launched you couldn't synchronise it with any email accounts so no messaging, no contacts, no calendar. Bridge allowed you to interact with the email accounts that were already set up on a BlackBerry phone. It was nearly a year until the 2.0 OS came out with native PIM apps and mailbox sync capability, which from a company that's all about communication was a bad joke.

Posted via CB10
    lousy, incomplete launch, yes,,, took too long to correct, yes,,, but i'm still right...
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 11-17-13 at 12:45 PM.
    11-17-13 11:31 AM
    So Asus PadFone Form factor ??
    dont think its a runaway success ... esp not for an OS with no other form factors available.

I did a writeup on a Playbook 2.0 a while ago .... you should check that out. LINK
    dougsymon likes this.
    11-17-13 11:33 AM
    Reinventing the Playbook is not the answer folks, especially where Blackberry the company is at the moment. Add all the BB10 features and functions (where applicable), add the ability to load Blackberry and Android apps and people will get excited again. With that, I know I would use it outside the weekend and at work again........Keep it simple silly but functional and they will come..........
    This is exactly what BlackBerry is doing with android. But are they going to let people buy windows tablets, android tablets, iOS tablets, and not come up with a cheaper solution that would easily pair up with a BB10 device?

Posted via CB10
    dougsymon likes this.
    11-17-13 12:54 PM
    lousy, incomplete launch, yes,,, took too long to correct, yes,,, but i'm still right...
    Not saying that PlayBook is a bad tablet, I own one. Just saying that the launch was bad partly because PlayBook wasn't a stand-a-lone device, lots of people didn't buy it because they thought it's only good for BlackBerry users and if I didn't have a Bold I probably wouldn't have bought it too.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-17-13 03:50 PM
37 12