In two years the only major problems I've encountered with my pb have been self inflicted. They have been caused either by my non parametric end user fingers or by half baked bb updates to the OS.

Yesterday when I turned on my pb I noticed the screen just had the icons displayed on a plain blue screen? I normally have a picture of my family set as the background wallpaper so I found it surprising. I set my normal picture as my background wallpaper again and everything was fine for the rest of the day. When I switched it on this morning it was again showing a plain blue screen as the background wallpaper? I suppose it could be worse, it could be yellow? Anybody any ideas as to why it's happening?
    04-28-13 06:39 AM
    In two years the only major problems I've encountered with my pb have been self inflicted. They have been caused either by my non parametric end user fingers or by half baked bb updates to the OS.

Yesterday when I turned on my pb I noticed the screen just had the icons displayed on a plain blue screen? I normally have a picture of my family set as the background wallpaper so I found it surprising. I set my normal picture as my background wallpaper again and everything was fine for the rest of the day. When I switched it on this morning it was again showing a plain blue screen as the background wallpaper? I suppose it could be worse, it could be yellow? Anybody any ideas as to why it's happening?
    Probably its suffering from Alzheimer. o.O
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-28-13 06:49 AM
    >Backup everything except settings.
    >Do a factory reset.
    >Restore.

That might fix it.
    Its a permanent solution for everything.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-28-13 06:54 AM
    >Backup everything except settings.
    >Do a factory reset.
    >Restore.

That might fix it.
    Its a permanent solution for everything.
    Thanks for that but I already knew that the inevitable reset was the solution. However I would still like to investigate the cause? If we don't know the cause and only know the solution then we can't prevent the problem recurring again in the future. Thanks anyway and I think I know what I mean by that comment?
    04-28-13 07:12 AM
    Thanks for that but I already knew that the inevitable reset was the solution. However I would still like to investigate the cause? If we don't know the cause and only know the solution then we can't prevent the problem recurring again in the future. Thanks anyway and I think I know what I mean by that comment?
    Cause can't be exact ,but this happens when the system can't locate the preset wallpaper after reboot. Seems like something's messing up with or settings.(bug)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-28-13 07:18 AM
    Cause can't be exact ,but this happens when the system can't locate the preset wallpaper after reboot. Seems like something's messing up with or settings.(bug)
    Not just my pb, it took me a while to recognise my own thread! I'm sure I titled it differently? Strange things are afoot???????
    04-28-13 07:36 AM
    Thanks for all your help but please do not post anymore comments on this thread as I have asked the moderators to remove it and I shall not be posting anymore replies. Thank you.
    Dr_Acula likes this.
    04-28-13 07:59 AM