the icons missing are the ones associated with the bridge. In their place is a dark smudge. The thing still works, but it bugs me. If you haven't guessed yet, I am a newbie, just got my PB today!
    12-13-11 10:08 PM
    Best thing to do is search on Crackberry for Playbook 101. They cover a lot of different things, and also you can click below my signature for more tips and tricks for the Playbook.

Try to turn it off, wait, then turn it back on.. see if that helps.
    burninbob433 likes this.
    12-13-11 10:12 PM
    Best thing to do is search on Crackberry for Playbook 101. They cover a lot of different things, and also you can click below my signature for more tips and tricks for the Playbook.

Try to turn it off, wait, then turn it back on.. see if that helps.
    Exact same thing happened to me a few minutes ago! My Bridge icons disappeared when I put Bridge on. They still worked when I touched where they should have been. Then, I did a restart, and they all came back.
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-13-11 10:18 PM
    As barskin wrote - restart. Either press the BatteryIcon and select restart or

Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown
    12-14-11 12:00 AM
    Weird...and probably pretty trivial. I put my Bridge on this morning (no wifi in my office), and the same thing happened. My Bridge icons disappeared, while still functioning. After I disconnected, I just touched the restart option after going to the battery icon. Again, the icons reappeared. I called BB PB support. Turns out, this is an issue the tech team knows about and is working on. Meanwhile, I was told to disconnect the Torch/PB entirely, and pair it again, as if for the first time. I didn't do this, but I tried an experiment. I connected the Bridge with the Bridge icons panel on my screen. Huzzah! They didn't disappear. As I said, weird...and, ultimately, trivial.
    12-14-11 11:19 AM
    Yeah, I had this problem a couple of months ago. Unpairing and repairing brought everything back. Haven't had the problem again - fingers crossed.
    12-14-11 12:11 PM
    Anyone try just turning bt off and then on again? I use to get that on the beta and it would work.
    12-14-11 12:24 PM
    Anyone try just turning bt off and then on again? I use to get that on the beta and it would work.
    I did when it happened to me and only a complete delete the pairing and re-pair would fix it. That said, it was a couple of months ago (& OS updates ago as well).
    12-14-11 12:54 PM
    as long as they still work, the icons that is they can disappear lol got the same issue btw blah loving my pb!!!!
    12-14-11 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD