Ok so I been a long time Playbook owner, I was one of those who had a Playbook within the first day of the release. So you know what I paid for my 32 gb is a lot more than what they are selling for now. Ever sine then I have been grabbing up Playbooks from anyone who purchased and do not realize the value of the product. Long story short, I purchased a 32 gb for $100 off craigslist and last night I copped a 16 gb for $50 bucks.

The thing is I'm looking for ideas of what I can use these things for to optimize my ownership. Frankly I haven't found anyone of my friends or family is going to give the Playbook adequate attention for me to let them use it for video chat or anything so I haven't gone that route yet.....I guess I'm just looking for ideas.......
    I was thinking of using one as a head unit in my car if I figure out how to execute that correctly, but beyond that I'm stumped.....help me brainstorm.....
    esk369 likes this.
    08-29-12 09:01 AM
    Fits great on the steering wheel... but you didn't hear that from me.
    08-29-12 09:06 AM
    Velcro them to the walls in different rooms in your house, and using different BBIDs, you now have a video intercom system.

FF22, esk369, Cracklen and 4 others like this.
    08-29-12 10:24 AM
    I set mine up in my car lol i got a GPS Holding harness thing and screwed it on top behind the deck, and it connects via blue tooth. The whole playbook covers the deck so you can't see it. Its kinda cool, but not for everyone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-29-12 10:38 AM
    place the PB with Video Camera onto the ceiling in your man cave sleeping and carousing area and make yourself a celebrity on film doing what comes natural......
    esk369 likes this.
    08-29-12 11:45 AM
    Ok so I been a long time Playbook owner, I was one of those who had a Playbook within the first day of the release. So you know what I paid for my 32 gb is a lot more than what they are selling for now. Ever sine then I have been grabbing up Playbooks from anyone who purchased and do not realize the value of the product. Long story short, I purchased a 32 gb for $100 off craigslist and last night I copped a 16 gb for $50 bucks.

The thing is I'm looking for ideas of what I can use these things for to optimize my ownership. Frankly I haven't found anyone of my friends or family is going to give the Playbook adequate attention for me to let them use it for video chat or anything so I haven't gone that route yet.....I guess I'm just looking for ideas.......
    I was thinking of using one as a head unit in my car if I figure out how to execute that correctly, but beyond that I'm stumped.....help me brainstorm.....
    You could have a playbook stashed in strategic places home, work, car etc if BB10 and the new os is everything everyone hopes and thinks it will be you can probably make a few bucks unloading them. Just make sure you keep a backup for yourself
    FoxxBerry likes this.
    08-29-12 12:09 PM
    I just perused Craigslist and was astonished at the similar deals in my area. This is just awesome...

Velcro them to the walls in different rooms in your house, and using different BBIDs, you now have a video intercom system.

Loved. But I live in a small apartment, and have no use for this. But in the future, when I buy a house, playbooks will be dirt cheap and of course I'll utilize this idea!
    08-30-12 10:20 AM
    I'm always sniffing around for new playbooks. The two ones I have now I bought new from a store, hoping to pick up another second hand for cheap. Want one permanently in my car.
    08-30-12 10:30 AM
    I've been doing the same thing. Got 6 of them so far and unlike the op, I found that people in the family want them. I show it to them when they come for a visit, and if they are interested, I tell them I have a couple extra ones. My niece has 2 little girls under 5 and they use it to easily videochat with their grandma who lives 3 blocks away. My nephew uses them as entertainment for their kids in the back of the car. The kids love the smaller size. Still have 2 more. One I'm using as an extra around the house. The other day we were watching some music videos on my PB using the hdmi to connect to my home theatre and we used the other PB to look up the lyrics online.

It is so handy having such a powerful and versatile device for such a reasonable price.
    axllebeer likes this.
    08-30-12 10:41 AM
    I use mine as a head unit in the car. Take a look at the breffo spider podiums if you want something removable, or you could look to build something in permanently if that floats your boat

Luckily my existing head unit has an aux in so I just connect the playbook to that through the headphone socket and use the volume controls on the steering wheel. Works a treat and looks great
    08-30-12 04:46 PM
    I use mine to ummm too much information from me.
    08-30-12 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD