Now I clearly understand that with the Z10 launch there has been limited postings on CB about the playbook. But I have a few questions:
    Is BB10 going to be launched on playbooks?
    Has the Playbook been run out of town?
    I ask this because one of my boys asked about getting a charging dock for his playbook (we have 4 playbooks between kids and wife and 14 playbooks within immediate family - you know the ones you see at thanksgiving, easter, xmas, etc) - anyways, I went searching online for said dock only to find that Staples, Best Buy and Future Shop not only didn't have the dock, didn't have a single playbook available for sale?
    Any info on future of PB?
    Yes Kevin, I know I can buy a dock on CB
    Loving the Z10 experience and even managed to convince my wife not to upgrade until later in year and to take my Z10 should a hot new BB10 device come out!!
    03-11-13 07:53 PM
    Now I clearly understand that with the Z10 launch there has been limited postings on CB about the playbook. But I have a few questions:
    I ask this because one of my boys asked about getting a charging dock for his playbook (we have 4 playbooks between kids and wife and 14 playbooks within immediate family - you know the ones you see at thanksgiving, easter, xmas, etc) - anyways, I went searching online for said dock only to find that Staples, Best Buy and Future Shop not only didn't have the dock, didn't have a single playbook available for sale?
    Loving the Z10 experience and even managed to convince my wife not to upgrade until later in year and to take my Z10 should a hot new BB10 device come out!!
    Its been stated numerous times by BBRY employees that BB10 will launch on playbook. Now whether that means BB10 as it is now, or some modified slimmed down version we have no clue. The Playbook is still on display at some stores that I have been to, so I dont know if its EOL just yet, until another generation comes out it seems the retailers are trying to burn through existing stock as best they can. BestBuy still has the playbook up on the online store, but it says not available at any nearby stores or online. Your best bet for the dock would either be here or amazon. Got mine off Amazon for 45 shipped im pretty sure.
    03-11-13 08:03 PM
    I also have a number of playbooks among my family and friends. Everyone is still using them and getting a lot of enjoyment from them.

I have the charging dock and it is the primary place I put the PB when I'm not using it. It's a good accessory. Did you check ebay?

Thor has committed BlackBerry to releasing BB10 for the PB later this year. He also said he sees a tablet as an essential part of the BB10 ecosystem, or words to that effect. Hinting another one might be coming in the future, but only if BB10 is going gangbusters. Don't think they want another "failed" launch.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 10:04 AM
    Now I clearly understand that with the Z10 launch there has been limited postings on CB about the playbook.
    Really? I count >500 posts since launch.
    03-12-13 11:14 AM
    1- yes...
    2-no,,, but it's become a stepchild of sorts lately...
    you can also look on Amazon for a dock,,, i think i got mine for less than $20/US,,, definately worth having,,, it's indispensible,,, that's awesome your family is so playbook ridden,,, inter-book vid chats must be a blast in your house...
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-12-13 02:23 PM
    Really? I count >500 posts since launch.
    625 actually. Do you like brandy?
    03-12-13 02:27 PM
    CB home page is BB10 but thanks for being a smart ***
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-12-13 05:20 PM
    CB home page is BB10 but thanks for being a smart ***
    Trust me I have never been described as being smart. Slightly on the ******** side, psychotic, a confirmed cleptomaniac, dillusional, eccentric, pedantic but never smart.

Do you like pasties?
    03-13-13 01:11 PM
    Trust me I have never been described as being smart. Slightly on the ******** side, psychotic, a confirmed cleptomaniac, dillusional, eccentric, pedantic but never smart.

Do you like pasties?
    I honestly believe you!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-13-13 02:48 PM
    Sorry, your application to join the Delusional Kleptomaniacs Society has been denied.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-13-13 09:29 PM
    H**l sad_old_man you sound like Forest Gump. I have two PlayBooks and getting ready to buy two more for family. I hope it not the end for the PlayBook I used it every day. I just purchased a charging dock off of ebay.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-14-13 12:54 PM
    H**l sad_old_man you sound like Forest Gump. I have two PlayBooks and getting ready to buy two more for family. I hope it not the end for the PlayBook I used it every day. I just purchased a charging dock off of ebay.
    Strangely enough the character played by Tom Hanks was modeled on myself. How did you guess that? Tom and I promised never to tell anyone about that fact. I must give him a call.
    03-15-13 07:47 AM
    I hope it not the end for the PlayBook I used it every day.
    Even if Blackberry stops selling them yours will still work.
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    03-15-13 07:59 AM
    Even if Blackberry stops selling them yours will still work.
    Will mine still work as well?
    03-15-13 08:10 AM
    Will mine still work as well?
    Only if kept outside of a working microwave oven. OUTSIDE.
    03-15-13 09:09 AM
    Only if kept outside of a working microwave oven. OUTSIDE.
    Ok time to confess. It was working when I took it out of the box and even after I exploded some custard in it. Spurred on by my success with the custard I followed the recipe for boiled eggs. Ever since then it refuses to turn on even though I did clean it out after the accident.

By the way F2 do you need a Z10 case at all. It would seem that I had too much brandy the other evening and bought two instead of one which let's be honest could happen to anyone. (please no comments)
    03-15-13 09:28 AM
    There's no such thing as too much brandy, is there (not a comment but a question!)?

In the same vein, too many cases, never. I do wish I could take you up on your gracious offer (you were offering it as a gift, no?) but I don't have a z10 and probably won't. The q10 might be out there at sometime but not for a while.
    03-15-13 10:04 AM
    There's no such thing as too much brandy, is there (not a comment but a question!)?

In the same vein, too many cases, never. I do wish I could take you up on your gracious offer (you were offering it as a gift, no?) but I don't have a z10 and probably won't. The q10 might be out there at sometime but not for a while.
    Ok be difficult then. Yes I didn't want anything for it just where to post it to. I am not though under any circumstances buying a Q10 case in mistake for you, so there.
    03-15-13 10:08 AM
    Ok be difficult then. Yes I didn't want anything for it just where to post it to. I am not though under any circumstances buying a Q10 case in mistake for you, so there.
    Sorry for the delayed reply but I was out hiking in the NON-snow and more surprisingly the NON-RAIN. Just micro-ed a stuff grape leave. So you won't buy me a q10 case? Or it depends on the brandy quotient? I know, you just wanted my address so you could aim that missle or laser or death ray!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-15-13 04:27 PM
    Sorry for the delayed reply but I was out hiking in the NON-snow and more surprisingly the NON-RAIN. Just micro-ed a stuff grape leave. So you won't buy me a q10 case? Or it depends on the brandy quotient? I know, you just wanted my address so you could aim that missle or laser or death ray!
    Now would I do that?

You know me too well!
    03-16-13 07:28 AM
    I had forgotten what this thread was about. Had to reread it to find out. I thought it was about Forest Gump shooting rocket s or death rays at someone. No I personally don't think that the PlayBook is dead and yes purchase a charging dock off CrackBerry or Amazon.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-16-13 08:33 AM
    I had forgotten what this thread was about. Had to reread it to find out. I thought it was about Forest Gump shooting rocket s or death rays at someone. No I personally don't think that the PlayBook is dead and yes purchase a charging dock off CrackBerry or Amazon.
    Did you know that Forest Gump has a pb? Therefore it is relevant to the thread.

Whilst your here which is the best charging dock?

Sorry to go a bit off thread there because neither I nor Forest have a charging dock but I would like one. Can't speak for Forest.
    03-16-13 08:38 AM
    I bought a charging dock for my wife off ebay(like I said earlier). It is nice but the wife and I have our Playbooks in convertible cases with the mini-key board and the rapid chargers work the best for us. On a side note and hate to say, Forest had stock in some crappy fruit company.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-16-13 08:57 AM
    I bought a charging dock for my wife off ebay(like I said earlier). It is nice but the wife and I have our Playbooks in convertible cases with the mini-key board and the rapid chargers work the best for us. On a side note and hate to say, Forest had stock in some crappy fruit company.
    Nestle Cheerios are not fruits, just coloured, they do however link into the food chain, horse meat foodstuffs...seems the crappy fruit company shares are definitely a better investment
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-16-13 09:30 AM
    Nestle Cheerios are not fruits, just coloured, they do however link into the food chain, horse meat foodstuffs...seems the crappy fruit company shares are definitely a better investment
    Correct me if I'm wrong but are they not those pieces of processed something or other that tastes just like cardboard and you have to pour that horrendous cow juice over them to make them taste even worse. Then if that's not bad enough, while your enduring this gastronomic catastrophe, the cow juice changes colour as all of the chemical dyes leak out of it.

Breakfast should always be a plain cob of corn placed on the hot griddle, brushed with butter (do not ever use heathen margarine or any other healthy stuff). Just before your ready pour brandy (cheap, nothing over $70) and flambe to perfection.

However sorry for going off thread again but which dock is best?
    03-16-13 12:48 PM
29 12