I got a case bluetooth keyboard for playbook.its originally for sqmsung tab n works on my mobile and all other devices via bluetooth. Now when i connect it ti playbook,it asks for a passkey on keyboard. I enter and nothing happens. I also tried entering the wrong code on purpose n pressed enter and it said pairing failed but when i put the right code n enter, nothing happend its there on the enter code screen. I have to manually close settings and open again n now when i connect to keyboard, it says connected but the keyboard doesnt work. This is because this doesnt say paired n connection successful when i enter the passkey. Please help i really need to make this work. All other devices laptop phone n my friends nexus 7 work with l the keyboard.Thanks in advance
    12-06-12 02:00 AM
    Bump.........
    12-06-12 11:14 AM
    Bump……….....
    12-07-12 04:02 AM
    Post the Model info.

Try redoing it all again. UNpair and remove all signs of it and try again. It is also possible it does not work. Also, if paired with a bb phone as a remote, they might interfere.

Good luck
    12-07-12 09:03 AM
    Not paired with any bb phone. The model is not listed its probably china made. But works on my friends tab and my phones lsptops etc. Ive tried unpairing 100 times. When i enter corect password and enter, nothing happens and its on the passkey screen but when i move sway from bluetooth option and go back n connect, it connects snd keyboard shows connected but nothing works.
    12-07-12 10:37 AM
    That sounds like it is connecting properly, but for whatever reason the keyboard isn't sending the PB anything it understands. I know in some other older posts people had found some keyboards didn't work with the PB and I assume this was why.
    12-07-12 09:18 PM
    Your probably better off buying the BlackBerry Bluetooth Keyboard and Convertible Case package for optimal performance. The Hip Street Bluetooth Keyboard and Case is another good option.
    12-08-12 12:22 AM
    Is it a HID-capable keyboard?

Just because the keyboard uses bluetooth doesn't mean it will work with all devices. I believe the PlayBook works with HID keyboards. I have two different HID keyboards and they both work just fine with my PlayBook.
    12-08-12 06:41 AM
    Yes its hid
    12-08-12 09:16 AM
    Hi.
    One simple step that is often forgotten during pairing (especially as it is NOT mentioned in my pairing instructions).....after you enter 6 digit pairing code on bluetooth keyboard, hit ENTER
    I'm not being smart...i spent all day failing to connect my keyboard and then i realised. My god, i felt stupid!
    FF22 likes this.
    12-28-12 05:49 AM