Hi guy's, i've just bought a second hand playbook and have charged it up and it's working fine, but have just tried to log into my home wi-fi and when it asked me for my bbid i put mine in, it came up saying "cannot change users on this playbook".
    WTF!!
    How can i get round this?
    cheers
    Kenny
    06-14-13 02:32 PM
    06-14-13 02:58 PM
    Some basic questions. If you swipe down from the main screen and hit the Gear (options/settings) and select BBID, does it show YOUR email address? Did you set up the pb yourself or did you merely charge it? Did you get to Select a BBID?

Where in the process of logging into your home wifi did it ask for bbid? I don't recall that happening. It wants PB name which is usually Playbook - Again, swipe down, Gear, Storage and Sharing and then Network Identification and tap Properties.
    You can only change a bbid by doing a Security Wipe and when setting up, you can input your bbid.

Now maybe you've done all that....
    06-14-13 03:12 PM
    Why would it ask for a BBID to connect to wifi.

It is probably asking for your wifi password ???
    06-14-13 03:21 PM
    Hi guy's thanks for replying, it logged into the wi-fi fine.
    It keeps popping up with the "sign in with your bbid and password" box, as i said originally i got it second hand so it is another persons bbid that is hooked upto this playbook, so will i have to contact them to get their password?
    Also to do a security wipe, it says to enter "blackberry" to confirm security wipe, will this be the other persons bbid?
    06-14-13 04:04 PM
    Hi guy's thanks for replying, it logged into the wi-fi fine.
    It keeps popping up with the "sign in with your bbid and password" box, as i said originally i got it second hand so it is another persons bbid that is hooked upto this playbook, so will i have to contact them to get their password?
    Also to do a security wipe, it says to enter "blackberry" to confirm security wipe, will this be the other persons bbid?
    No you just type "blackberry" for it to do a security wipe. It's a verification thing.

Sent from my DROID Pro using CB Forums mobile app
    06-14-13 04:09 PM
    Yeah, it's a "do you really, really want to do it" thing. Note that all data on the PB will be wiped and it will be like factory new. I think you have to re-update it, too? Can anyone verify that (never done one before)? So back up anything that you have put on the PB that you want.

Do you know the person that it belonged to before?
    06-14-13 04:10 PM
    When doing a Security Wipe, it wants to know you really want to do it, so it asks for "blackberry" to show you understand what is going to happen and you are not accidently hitting a prompt box OKAY.
    06-14-13 04:13 PM
    [QUOTE=F2;8654588]When doing a Security Wipe, it wants to know you really want to do it, so it asks for "blackberry" to show you understand what is going to happen and you are not accidently hitting a prompt box OKAY.[/QUOTE
    Got it, just being thick, i was typing "blackberry" instead of blackberry.
    Oh dear god!!
    Now to see when it reboots, if i can put in my own bbid.
    "Fingers crossed everyone"
    06-14-13 04:24 PM
    It should do the trick
    06-14-13 04:26 PM
    Good luck.

06-14-13 04:28 PM
    And a woohoo to you and a woohoo to me, hehe all good, just doing the setup now.

Cheers guy's
    06-14-13 04:33 PM
    Yeah, it's "yours" now!
    dangerousfen likes this.
    06-14-13 04:41 PM
    it's mine, my preciousss get your mitts off it you scallywag's!! mine mine mine mine mine mine, "oops kenny is jumping about so much he drops his playbook and cracks the screen, does anyone want a playbook? free to a good home"..........meh!!
    ;-)
    dangerousfen likes this.
    06-14-13 04:56 PM
    Did it retain the updated OS?

06-14-13 05:07 PM
    it's mine, my preciousss get your mitts off it you scallywag's!! mine mine mine mine mine mine, "oops kenny is jumping about so much he drops his playbook and cracks the screen, does anyone want a playbook? free to a good home"..........meh!!
    ;-)
    dangerousfen likes this.
    06-14-13 05:18 PM
    Did it retain the updated OS?

Documentation says it goes to initial setup and OS update is part of that:
    http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

So you have to upgrade (I think).
    06-14-13 05:36 PM
    So you have to upgrade (I think).
    During the setup process you should be informed that an update is available (about 350 MB or so) which will install all of the system apps.
    06-14-13 07:03 PM
    During the setup process you should be informed that an update is available (about 350 MB or so) which will install all of the system apps.
    Ouch

06-14-13 07:04 PM
    It did have to update, can't remember how big it was though. Working fine now, if I could only get bbm on the damn thing lol and a nice os10 upgrade lol

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 02:28 PM