Hey guys, I was just wondering, how does this device displace heat? I have mine in a leather case, and it tends to get warm. It doesn't worry me too much, my main question is how does the playbook displace heat and does having it in a case prevent it from doing so? Thank you!
    12-28-11 10:38 PM
    i find if I turn backlighting down it doesnt get as warm... never really gets hot anyways, just warm.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    12-28-11 10:39 PM
    Hey guys, I was just wondering, how does this device displace heat? I have mine in a leather case, and it tends to get warm. It doesn't worry me too much, my main question is how does the playbook displace heat and does having it in a case prevent it from doing so? Thank you!
    There are no internal fans in the PB so the heat generated is dissipated through the body of the PB, the back mostly. If you use a case and run intensive apps on your PB it will get very hot, thus it is advisable to remove it from cases when planning on playing games for long hours or watching videos.
    I have had my share of overheating the PB, and I do not use my case when using the PB for intensive work. Also get the battery guru app from app world, and run it in the background when you plan on using the PB for long. You can look at the file later to determine how hot your PB gets. It can reach upto 45C, but normally it should hover around 37-39C with constant low profile usage.
    Do turn off your PB every now and then, we all need our break so does the PB
    12-28-11 11:44 PM
    yep turning the backlight lower does keep it from turning hot.however,if using it to watch movies/shows for long hours you can expect it to get warm no matter what.this applies to any tablet.even the ipad gets hot if movies/shows are streamed to high definition tv using hdmi cable for long hours.
    12-28-11 11:55 PM
    It does dissipate through the case I worry about it being too tightly enclosed but havent noticed anyone having problems. It seems to heat up from audio and during rapid charging - same with my phone -never hot but i don't think i would wrap it up in a blanket....
    12-29-11 12:02 AM
    What can heat PB?

Not allowing automatic dimming
    Having lots of white on screen
    Settings screen brightness to full

This combination is not a wise choice.

It also drains battery much faster.
    12-29-11 06:38 AM
    after playing the installed NFS and trying out flash vids this was something I also wondering about. It was very hot on the back.

hmm, I bought a rubber case for protection but have not used it till now. With it the PB will probably get very hot, and it takes a lot longer for cooling down :/
    12-29-11 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD