I used it once before with no problems, but now it won't work. It seems like the connection inside the device is bad. I can giggle the cord and it will work for a moment. I have tried several different cords.
    What should I do?
    09-20-11 07:19 AM
    I would back up my data and return it.
    09-20-11 07:37 AM
    I agree with attawell, take it back as soon as you can and try to get it exchanged.

My HDMI will cut out if I move the cable around. Which is normal. But if I don't touch it plays great, I used it last night actually. It is a feature I wouldn't want to miss out on. So I do everything in my power to get it fixed or replaced.
    09-20-11 07:50 AM
    Happened to me and it turnex out to be the cheap piece 'o' crap cable I got off of Amazon. Once a spent a few bucks on a good cord, all was well. Try another cord!
    09-20-11 09:12 AM
    I have had it since the day it was released. Not sure Best Buy would take it back.

As I noted, I have tried several cords.
    09-20-11 09:22 AM
    I bought the 2Yr extended warranty/breakage from RIM on the PB since it was there first attempt at a tablet so wanted a CYA in case their were QA or design issues. Are you using an adapter and a regular HDMI cable or single Micro-HDMI to HDMI cable?
    09-20-11 09:36 AM
    I bought the 2Yr extended warranty/breakage from RIM on the PB since it was there first attempt at a tablet so wanted a CYA in case their were QA or design issues. Are you using an adapter and a regular HDMI cable or single Micro-HDMI to HDMI cable?
    Just a single cable, no adapter. Also tried the same cable on another PB and it worked fine.
    09-20-11 09:37 AM
    i have somewhat of a similiar problem except my HDMI issue is intermitent. 1 day i have no issue using my HDMI connection and the next day it wont work and then the day after it works again. im using the same cable on the same TV. ive been meaning to call their support number 1-877-644-8410 to discuss this. i noticed it when it was after i believe the 3rd software update.....
    09-20-11 11:49 AM
    Are there any 3rd party Playbook techs out there yet? Somebody who can fix Playbooks reasonably?
    09-20-11 11:58 AM
    It has a year warrenty from RIM. Call them.
    09-20-11 12:17 PM
    I called them at the number listed and they are sending out a box for me to ship it for repairs. Very simple process.
    awattwell likes this.
    09-20-11 12:27 PM
    I used it once before with no problems, but now it won't work. It seems like the connection inside the device is bad. I can giggle the cord and it will work for a moment. I have tried several different cords.
    What should I do?
    Before you return it -
    get some stuff called Deoxit and spray it on both connectors. http://www.caig.com
    It fixed my USB charger connectors on my BOLD USB connector.

great stuff! They also have shields and stuff to protect the contacts long term - check it out.
    Great for anything electronic.

I recommend the Dn5
    non-drip,quick dry - safe on plastics

Be sparing.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-20-11 at 12:48 PM.
    togardergrosse likes this.
    09-20-11 12:45 PM
    I had the same problem. I returned my playbook in the box they sent to me and I received a brand new playbook....
    09-20-11 01:51 PM
    I called them at the number listed and they are sending out a box for me to ship it for repairs. Very simple process.
    Any word on how long your Playbook will be MIA? Mine is doing the same thing, but I don't really want to lose it for a month, especially when OS2 could be a month away (maybe even with DLNA capabilities)!
    Last edited by kyleheney; 09-20-11 at 02:10 PM.
    09-20-11 02:01 PM
    my hdmi connection is rock solid... no issues. What a sweet feature it is. We are here at a remote west coast b&b with good wifi... connected the PB to their Hdtv using the hdmi cable - it was really cool - we got a little party going with vevo!
    09-20-11 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD