I was curious if it was possible to run a Playbook as a monitor for an HD camera. I have an HD camera, and since the LCD screen is so small, it is nice to show the client a large image. Setting this up as an external HD monitor would be a boon. Is this possible and how?
    01-15-12 12:06 PM
    Not yet, as far as I know.
    I would like to see this option too. Either through HDMI or a USB addon. The Playbook would make a great backup camera screen.
    01-15-12 12:44 PM
    I have mine mounted in the car now, and searched this thread to see how to get it tio show video from a backup camera....
    07-23-12 03:15 PM
    I can draft you up a pc app to use the pb as an 'additional' monitor...

... But cant do much with an camera (etc) via composite. Maybe over IP, bluetooth and drivers are still locked out to me i believe.

Might need an Android tablet for this tbh - access to drivers that way
    07-23-12 10:41 PM
    Sounds like the problem belongs in a camera forum because if one could transmit to a PB one could also transmit to other tablets or computers. This is probably done routinely but at a high price in medical situations.
    07-24-12 01:06 AM

... But cant do much with an camera (etc) via composite. Maybe over IP, bluetooth and drivers are still locked out to me i believe.

I would be really interested in that. I need an extra screen at work and the PBs screen size would be perfect for what I need
    Please PM me if you do this!
    07-24-12 08:41 AM

I'm always (well, generally ) willing to test YOUR programs!
    KermEd likes this.
    07-24-12 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD