let me get straight to the point. my torch picks up better wifi than my playbook. feet away my playbook drops from a full wifi bar connection. ive discovered that in portrait mode my playbook picks up better wifi for some reason. ive tested my playbook on several router brands and its the same issue, wifi drops very easily. im guessing i will have to do an exchange. people say i need and up to date router lets be honest now why the **** would rim make me purchase a new router if thousands of people use that standard linksys model???
    Last edited by wonda242; 04-24-11 at 10:14 PM.
    Dan_F350 likes this.
    04-23-11 08:03 AM
    Mine picks up wifi and holds the signal better than my laptop.
    04-23-11 08:10 AM
    Well aint that b***h lol You know i was really expecting the Wifi to be like blazing. Do you think it has to do with the actual OS?
    04-23-11 08:14 AM
    Buy you're own wifi ...! living your life leaching off your neighbors and girlfriend?

04-23-11 08:14 AM
    My pb has been great in all the usual places i go with my laptop. Can't complain too much if you can't get on your illegal wireless........ I mean, the antenna has to be a little smaller in the pb versus a laptop just due to overall size. Maybe ask your neighbor to move the access point closer to your side of their house.

-m
    04-23-11 08:19 AM
    Maybe if the playbook was actually up to standard with apps and os i would turn back on my cable but it makes no sense, I just look at it everyday trying to figure out how am i going to get the most use out of it. We need like a wifi booster app
    04-23-11 08:22 AM
    I have absolutely no problem picking up and keeping the WiFi signal on my Playbook even out in the backyard.
    04-23-11 08:25 AM
    Well it appears I have a faulty Playbook because there is no reason why I should be in the dark when the actually routers are feet away
    04-23-11 08:26 AM
    You're not a bachelor if you have a gf... You're doin it wrong..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    pistolpete0891 and watermon12 like this.
    04-23-11 08:28 AM
    You're not a bachelor if you have a gf... You're doin it wrong..

lol There is one thing being a bachelor and there is another thing living the lifestyle. I don't cook or clean, I have my gf come over and do that. As a matter of fact she is coming over today to do that. but we're off topic here, it shouldnt be possible that my torch has better connectivity than my playbook?
    04-23-11 08:32 AM
    I wonder if you have a defective Playbook. I've had no problems whatsoever getting excellent wifi coverage.

Maybe your neighbor moved his router or changed his settings? Dunno what else it could be.
    04-23-11 08:35 AM
    Nah it's been the same because my laptop and torch are good. Even at my gfs place where her router is like in the next room it's horrible
    04-23-11 08:38 AM
    Wow, my wife gets angry when my girlfriend comes over...

PG
    simsim, Maine, eds817 and 1 others like this.
    04-23-11 08:47 AM
    My playbook has 3 bars when i am 2 floors above. My wife was also using it in our backyard yesterday on the deck with no problem.
    04-23-11 08:52 AM
    It's not about stealing internet it's the wifi coverage on the whole. I'm a web developer and the reason i even bought the playbook was because i need to show my clients updates on their websites and functionality, if i can't pick up good wife say at a restaurant it's defeating the purpose
    04-23-11 08:56 AM
    if i can't pick up good wife say at a restaurant it's defeating the purpose
    If the PlayBook could do that, it would really sell like hot cakes!

Sorry, couldn't resist...
    04-23-11 09:08 AM
    Most people have been having no problem picking up wifi at all kinds of places. Like I said earlier, maybe you just have a defective unit. It can happen with anything, unfortunately.
    04-23-11 09:11 AM
    if i can't pick up good wife say at a restaurant it's defeating the purpose
    Try a kid's soccer game, lots of good wives there.

And when your gf is finished cooking and cleaning, send her over, I'm feeling lazy.
    tstrike34 likes this.
    04-23-11 09:12 AM
    So I'm a 25 year old bachelor living on my own I recently cut my cable off because I'm never home long enough to really use it but i do pick up wifi next door from my neighbor so I'm never completely in the dark. My laptop picks up the connection almost at full bar and my Blackberry Torch can pick up a good connection for a while if I need to download things OTA. Now let's get to the real story. I got my Playbook, fired it up... I can barely even hold my neighbors connection for like 30 seconds. It's really pissing me off because when I'm home i can't necessarily "use" the playbook. Yes i should go re-activate my cable but come one if my Torch can pick up the wifi what the **** is wrong with the playbook??? I wish i could divert all power just to get a better wifi coverage.

2nd Scenario - at my gf's place I pick up wifi in her tv room beautifully from my torch but on my playbook it's like barely there and thinking like wtf?? Can you at least get the wifi correct?
    I have that same problem too with mine. My router for my internet is on the second floor of my house while I stay in the basement. I get perfect reception with my laptop and ps3 but with the PlayBook I only get 2 bars at the most

04-23-11 09:18 AM
    It's not about stealing internet it's the wifi coverage on the whole. I'm a web developer and the reason i even bought the playbook was because i need to show my clients updates on their websites and functionality, if i can't pick up good wife say at a restaurant it's defeating the purpose
    A web developer that doesn't even have his own internet connection. Steals it from neighbors and GF instead.

04-23-11 09:20 AM
    Does the first OS update address wifi connectivity at all? I work for a international corporation and we receieved 40 units and the few we opened would NOT connect to any of our wifi networks at all. I've had iPhones, iPads, web OS and Android devices all pick up our networks without a hitch but the Playbook kept failing.

04-23-11 09:21 AM
    Try a kid's soccer game, lots of good wives there.

And when your gf is finished cooking and cleaning, send her over, I'm feeling lazy.
    Yep, I've picked up a few good wives at my kids games. The reason they're such good wives are they are someone elses and I just borrow them for awhile.

04-23-11 09:23 AM
    The problem here isn't the PlayBook. The problem here is the operator: a "web developer" that has the money to buy a PlayBook but would rather leech WiFi from family and neighbors and is too lazy to clean up after himself.

Impressive. Really impressive.
    buwee, bpgui, grover5 and 2 others like this.
    04-23-11 09:28 AM
    Not having a problem here....if you have a torch why dont you teather it for your connection??? or does the torch really belong to your neighbor
    Last edited by Coach101; 04-23-11 at 09:35 AM. Reason: dumb comment
    04-23-11 09:30 AM
    The problem here isn't the PlayBook. The problem here is the operator: a "web developer" that has the money to buy a PlayBook but would rather leech WiFi from family and neighbors and is too lazy to clean up after himself.

Impressive. Really impressive.
    This is not about leaching obviously it's going to be a problem when I leave "sure" wifi areas and go to public places where wifi is already thinned because of public usage bro
    04-23-11 09:31 AM
129 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD