Hey guys, my playbook has been acting really weird as of 2x days ago.

I am running beta 2.0, it seems the touchscreen has taken a mind of its own, along with the power button.

The touchscreen has gone so bezerk i cannot even put in my password to unlock the playbook.

Yes ive tried the hard reset (+/- and power) like 50x times hoping it will solve it, but no luck, ive cleaned the screen like 10bazillion times as well.

Not only does the touchscreen act all crazy, it actually seems like inputs (keyboard) and the power button are possessed as well. What i mean is I was lucky enough to get it to power off completely during a touchscreen battle for control, plugged it in, and lord behold a few hours later i see the screen on and i go investigate, I then witnessed the touchscreen going bezerk and it literally puts in some keystrokes and somehow it hits enter as well, after it does this a few more times the playbook locks you out of the password unlock mode, it then was showing password attempt #6 and forces you to type in "blackberry" as your password before you can put in your own to unlock it.

I tried the same thing again today, got lucky with the touchscreen, was able to power it off completely, then i walk away and its on again at the password screen going crazy.

From what i understand you HAVE to hit the POWER button to turn on the display right?
    Or can the touchscreen just do it with some kind of swipe? Im really confused as to how it powered itself on, that is pretty crazy.

The tablet is useless to me right now, and i checked i do not have a serial model # that was re-called.

I just want the playbook to work, i have no complaints it doesnt have native email or everything else everyone cries about, i got it as a portable media player/browser which it does just fine, when it works!
    01-13-12 09:46 PM
    This sort of thing has been reported before as being interference from nearby devices. Does it continue to go crazy if you move it well away from whatever it's near now?
    01-13-12 09:48 PM
    uh, it happened on the couch where i normally use it, and it also happened on my nightstand in my bedroom where i normally use it.... it also happened where i normally charge it as well.

havent introduced any new electronics either, i have been messing with DLNA on my ps3 and laptop the past week, could this be a issue?

But i thought DLNA was not available yet to the playbook?
    01-13-12 09:52 PM
    I had mine do this type of thing the other day when I was charging it in the car using a power inverter (I was a passenger and using it).

Do you have yours plugged in?
    01-13-12 09:56 PM
    it does it plugged in with the blackberry oem orange charger, and also when its not plugged in,

does yours power the screen up by itself and start inputing passwords all crazy? or is your touchscreen just not responding?
    01-13-12 10:01 PM
    If you've got it doing this while you're not touching the screen, and near no electronics, you should contact tech support and see what they say. Sounds like hardware problems.
    01-13-12 11:07 PM
    i will try that next as a last resort,

i am currently trying to downgrade the beta 2.0 to a actual released OS, however my playbook keeps turning itself on.....................

this is a nightmare i cannot format and load a new OS because the stoopid thing keeps turning itself on by itself!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-13-12 11:26 PM
    Seems to me like a power issue at your home. Check the earthing.

I can make my PB go nuts when and I put my 9900 which is getting charged in top of my PB. The PB goes ballistic.
    01-13-12 11:57 PM
    how do i go and check "earthing" i have never heard of such a thing.

somebody please answer my question, is it possible to power on the playbook with any other method other the the i/o power button on the top of the playbook next to the volume buttons
    01-14-12 12:01 AM
    You can bring it out of Standby by swiping from bezel to bezel (top to bottom, bottom to top, left-right, right-left) you need to contact both bezels in that one swipe motion. But if totally off, the power button is needed.

Folks have found crazy screen behavior near certain plasma tv's, sockets with lots of power adapters, those globes that mimic lightning and treadmills at the gym.
    01-14-12 12:19 AM
    how do i go and check "earthing" i have never heard of such a thing.

somebody please answer my question, is it possible to power on the playbook with any other method other the the i/o power button on the top of the playbook next to the volume buttons
    Earthing is standard. Every house circuit is earthed to ensure that any current leakage goes to ground.

If the socket you are plugging you PB in is not properly grounded or the house circuit itself is not grounded then there would be leakage of electric current through the sockets.

Since the touch screens work on electrical conductivity the current moving across the screen would make it go nuts.

Try a simple experiment, try and take your PB to a friend's or relative's house and plug it in there. If the same thing happens then its probably a fault with the PB circuit. Else its your home or socket.
    01-14-12 12:53 AM
    i will check the grounds, imma bring it over to a buddies house and see if it does the same thing, as of this morning my plabook spams the W and S keystrokes like crazzzzzy!
    01-14-12 12:13 PM
    Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com
    01-14-12 12:31 PM
    how funny, my playbook which was bought through blackberry/RIM OEM website right after thanksgiving has a serial # that DOES NOT QUALIFY for the 90x day warranty.

lame i didnt even get to use it or register it or create a blackberry ID so i can use it until xmas day when i got it......

this makes no fukn sense.........

i am not a happy camper
    01-16-12 08:43 PM
    it does it plugged in with the blackberry oem orange charger, and also when its not plugged in,

does yours power the screen up by itself and start inputing passwords all crazy? or is your touchscreen just not responding?
    The only time mine has ever acted weird was that one time riding and charging through a power inverter. I rebooted it. Works fine now. The issue was the touches were not responding correctly. Things where changing without me touching, etc.
    steppinghorse likes this.
    01-16-12 08:47 PM
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the problematic Beta 2.0 OS as a likely source of the pain?
    01-16-12 08:48 PM
    Seems to me like a power issue at your home. Check the earthing.

I can make my PB go nuts when and I put my 9900 which is getting charged in top of my PB. The PB goes ballistic.
    Couldn't help but test this. PB had terrible seizures as soon as the charging 9780 touched the screen. O.o
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-16-12 09:01 PM
    I make sure that the phone and PB are charging on a different circut... phone at one end of the front room and the PB on the other. And if I charge the phone in the bedroom, I make sure the PB charges in the front room.
    But that's just my freak about electricity.
    01-16-12 09:11 PM
    did you ever get to the bottom of this?

people always post this problem but never a solution
    01-24-12 09:14 AM
    I wonder if those filters that use to be used to clear up TV's when electrical interference would kind of fuzz up the image. I don't recall if the errant device or the tv was plugged into these filters????
    01-24-12 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD