With reports that OS 2.0 coming tomorrow will there be huge sales, and will the prices go up after the OS Releases, can someone confirm. I would like to get another PlayBook for my Dad, I just checked the Playbook inventory in some websites, only few units available.

Amazon.com: Blackberry Playbook 7-Inch Tablet (16GB): Computers & Accessories
    02-19-12 08:23 PM
    Not sure if prices go back up but at walmart right now its $198 for 16gb..$248 32gb..and $298 64gb
    02-19-12 08:30 PM
    Only a few units available? There are 175 new PBs on Amazon.
    02-19-12 08:30 PM
    Seems like some sales run out tomorrow. Just in time for the update Fine by me... Thing cost me over 7 bills haha
    02-19-12 08:53 PM
    Unless the Playbook drops below the previous lowest sales prices ($199/$249/$299) on Monday 2/20 as part of a one day sale, I think there will still be a decent number of Playbooks available on 2/21. IMO, it wouldn't make business sense for RIM to NOT have Playbooks available for sale on the day they are rolling out a major update (and presumably would have increased sales that day due to that update).
    glassofpinot and LimeTripBlog like this.
    02-19-12 08:54 PM
    I don't think so. Not many people outside of these forums and other tech sites even know about the software update.
    LimeTripBlog, RicThot and azrin640 like this.
    02-19-12 08:58 PM
    Uh... no

10 char
    02-19-12 08:59 PM
    Only a few units available? There are 175 new PBs on Amazon.
    When I posted this link there were only 12 in stock and was sold by 2 companies. But now there is only one company selling "Onsale". This may be fresh stock. Maybe they are gearing up for OS 2.0 driven sales.
    02-19-12 09:36 PM
    With reports that OS 2.0 coming tomorrow will there be huge sales, and will the prices go up after the OS Releases, can someone confirm. I would like to get another PlayBook for my Dad, I just checked the Playbook inventory in some websites, only few units available.

I tried to upgrade my 16GB PB to a 32 or 64GB at Best Buy and the 32 was completely out of stock in-store and online and the 64GB was out of stock in-store but available online. I just didn't have enough money available to order the 64GB. I will have to stay with my 16GB. But that's okay, I love it.
    02-19-12 10:02 PM
    think Netflix will work in OS2??
    02-19-12 10:07 PM
    I was after a 64gb in Toronto this week. They were out of stock everywhere. Finally found one at The Source, but it was open box. Lets see if we have any other announcements on pricing or new models (ie 4g) following Tuesday's release.
    02-19-12 10:07 PM
    think Netflix will work in OS2??
    Netflix did confirm that they are developing an app for playbook, we can expect that very soon, maybe after the OS Release.
    02-19-12 10:33 PM
    I'm not sure if they'll be sold out but over the past 5-6months of the huge sales I've noticed stores selling out and restocking and selling more.
    02-19-12 10:36 PM

No there will almost certainly not be "huge sales" unless RIM pushes the price back to the January lows. There are a bunch of people around here who seem to think that OS 2 will be some magical rebirth and that it will suddenly be a successful product. Sorry, but you don't get second chances in the tech industry. Quite frankly, I have not heard a single person discuss OS 2, other than current Playbook owners (mostly on this site).
    02-19-12 10:56 PM
    #TwosDay #TwosDay
    02-19-12 10:59 PM
    The current 199/249/299 prices will last for one more day, then 299/399/499.
    02-19-12 11:02 PM
    No there will almost certainly not be "huge sales" unless RIM pushes the price back to the January lows. There are a bunch of people around here who seem to think that OS 2 will be some magical rebirth and that it will suddenly be a successful product. Sorry, but you don't get second chances in the tech industry. Quite frankly, I have not heard a single person discuss OS 2, other than current Playbook owners (mostly on this site).
    I'm going to go way out on a limb here and make a wild guess at the reason you haven't heard people, other than here, talking about OS 2.

Way, waayyyy out... I'm just a wild and crazy guy.

Here's my guess:

(Ready for it?)

Because it's not out yet.

(People expect it to make a difference because they expect it to get good reviews, and make the PlayBook finally appear fairly complete, or at least not sorely lacking some key features everyone thought it should have. In other words, they believe it will make a difference over time, not immediately on TwosDay.)
    rjedge54 and ekv like this.
    02-19-12 11:12 PM
    sorry, but relatively few people outside the CB/PB community know or care about 2.0 or PB.

It is not a popular product at all. Yes, we own it, we like it and we know it is good but RIM messed up so bad that 2.0 is really just catching up with the field.

Reports out if CES from major outlets was disappointing for RIM and generated little to no interest at all. Most major tech sites reported little traffic for RIM who was not featuring any NEW product.

This is a software update. Fixing bugs and omissions from the original OS that was promised almost a year ago.
    Sebastianraven likes this.
    02-19-12 11:45 PM
    sorry, but relatively few people outside the CB/PB community know or care about 2.0 or PB.

It is not a popular product at all. Yes, we own it, we like it and we know it is good but RIM messed up so bad that 2.0 is really just catching up with the field.

Reports out if CES from major outlets was disappointing for RIM and generated little to no interest at all. Most major tech sites reported little traffic for RIM who was not featuring any NEW product.

This is a software update. Fixing bugs and omissions from the original OS that was promised almost a year ago.
    I agree. If my brother in law didn't pick me up one of these during the employee sale a couple months ago, I would not have ever known or cared about it. My android is still my primary.
    02-20-12 12:12 AM
    Sorry, but you don't get second chances in the tech industry.
    Sure you do, I can think of 3 off the top of my head, just small companies mind you...IBM, Apple, Microsoft. I'm sure there are many more examples.

With 2.0, its success or failure won't be apparent for some time to come. The release of 2.0 is not just about the Playbook, but the success of RIM, since it will be the foundation of their entire hardware lineup. As such if it is successful, then it will have actually brought about the "rebirth" of RIM contrary to what you believe.
    02-20-12 12:47 AM

Your so wrong dude. Btw this is not just a software update. This is a major software upgrade.
    02-20-12 12:54 AM
    Your so wrong dude. Btw this is not just a software update. This is a major software upgrade.
    What's so major about it? This update is supposed to include items that all other tablets already have minus bb bridge which does no good for me.
    02-20-12 08:51 AM
    The current 199/249/299 prices will last for one more day, then 299/399/499.
    No way people pay $499 for a 64gb when the prices have been in the low $200's for them. I am waiting to upgrade to a 64gb because I think I can get a better deal then the $299 it's currently at at shopblackberry.

This is technology. If it shoots back up in price, it will only be temporary. Low prices will be had in a month or so. Patience, patience.

Nevertheless, the difference between a Major software update and a software update is miniscule to those outside this forum.
    02-20-12 09:43 AM
    No way people pay $499 for a 64gb when the prices have been in the low $200's for them. I am waiting to upgrade to a 64gb because I think I can get a better deal then the $299 it's currently at at shopblackberry.

This is technology. If it shoots back up in price, it will only be temporary. Low prices will be had in a month or so. Patience, patience.

Nevertheless, the difference between a Major software update and a software update is miniscule to those outside this forum.

Low $200 for 64gb? Keep dreaming.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    02-20-12 09:53 AM
    Low $200 for 64gb? Keep dreaming.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    $250 brand new, last week

Blackberry Playbook 16gb $149, 32gb $199, 64gb $249 at Office Depot after Staples coupon (YMMV) - Slickdeals.net

$280 brand new, january

RIM Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Tablet NEW $279.99 FS @ eBay.com - Slickdeals.net

$279, January

64GB Playbook for $279 @ Radioshack Website - Slickdeals.net

Now, while these aren't low $200's, I don't think I have ever seen technology increase in price as time goes on. In less than 2 months, it will have been a year since the PlayBook launched. Patience, patience.
    02-20-12 09:58 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD