can anyone help please?
    i'm trying to set up connection with my mum over playbooks. she is in hungary and when she tries to set up her gmail account, it displays an error with the imap server setting. i did checked with her and her imap setting was exactly the same as mine in the uk, so i'm not quite sure what's wrong with that in hungary? mine works fine in uk.
    as she got no gmail account on the pb yet, there is no emails synced to her contacts, only facebook. she cannot see my video chat email address in her contacts.
    i did also asked her to edit my contact and when going into edit, there it appears my video chat email address, so it is not possible to add it by editing. but when saving and only looking at contacts, no email address visible, only facebook details are visible for her.
    i can see her email in my playbook, and when we are both online, i do also see the green camera sign for video chat with her, but nothing happens when i try calling her.
    as we are both new to this, i hope someone more expert can help us set up connection?!
    thanks in advance
    01-22-16 02:39 PM
    Not to state the obvious, but Gmail is not the only free email service available. If Gmail isn't working for her, why not have her set up a Yahoo or Hotmail account, among others, and try using that instead.
    01-22-16 06:26 PM
    Not to state the obvious, but Gmail is not the only free email service available. If Gmail isn't working for her, why not have her set up a Yahoo or Hotmail account, among others, and try using that instead.
    ah thanks, but your obvious is might not that obvious after all. when you understand that this is my mother, she hates using electric staff and has zero knowledge of internet and all. she cannot end a skype conversation on my father's tab. i am so happy that she decided she wants a tab on her own, but she is not the type who would use it every day. that tab stays off for 4-5 days or perhaps more than a week most of the time. she didn't even want a facebook account, only that my father made it for her without even asking her... so to me the obvious is not to complicate it for her with 2 email accounts when she is only about to start i'm afraid. but thanks for your try anyway
    01-23-16 03:52 AM
    ok. i just managed to find how to sync gmail contacts. next i will try to look at my mum's gmail settings, if she might requires to use a specific app password too. i will have to wait for a convenient time when my dad can help while sitting front of the computer
    01-23-16 05:02 AM
    i've been able to set app passwords for my mum's gmail, and through that gmail email and contacts set up finally did work out on her playbook.
    however, as i figured, we both are missing a video chat app from our playbooks, and so we do have green camera icon in the contacts next to video chat email address, but nothing happens by clicking on them. i will search more, just figured that it actually requires an app for video chat. i never had that on the bb. bought these pb's in good conditions but used previously, wiped off and signed in with my old bb id i have long ago from previous bb phones. my mum created a new id.
    i do search for video chat for blackberry in the app world, but couldn't find anything. i will post this question again, as searching here the forum i still haven't find answers. i've seen some others had same issue having no video chat on a device, but they wanted to copy it from an other device, and there was no words on how to actually get video chat app in the first place, in january 2016, when support of pb os stopped many years ago...
    01-23-16 07:21 AM