Preparations for the Global Competitiveness Forum are underway here in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Last year's speakers had Bill Clinton and participants shelling out $4,000 to attend the 3-4 day gathering & getting an iPad for viewing the proceedings online and checking event schedules or browsing/email.

This year the Competitiveness Partner is our very own Blackberry, so participants will be getting PlayBooks to access the GCF schedule & streaming video of the presentations.

Global Competitiveness Forum: The Event

Blackberry Playbook AppWorld has the SAGIA GCF App which gives participants access to event schedule, full conference and session information, profiles of participating companies, speakers & attendees.

Free SAGIA Global Competitiveness Forum 2012 - Download SAGIA Global Competitiveness Forum 2012 - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

I'm assuming the brand new PlayBooks shipped for this purpose will need to be initialized and would require the 300MB or so upgrade as soon as you connect them to the internet. I faced a similar exercise with mine
    Good to see PlayBook getting some well deserved loving here in the Middle East!
    01-17-12 01:01 PM
    It's that old principle at work: Them that has, gets.
    01-17-12 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD