Hey everyone. Im just curious, is the Playbook supposed to get this hot? While watching a video or podcast it gets almost too hot to touch. It doesn't burn my skin but does get uncomfortable. Do y'all have this problem?
    07-08-12 03:26 PM
    Mine gets very warm when viewing a full length movie or playing an intense game... So I keep my PB in the convertable case and hardly notice.
    07-08-12 03:36 PM
    I have had mine get warm during some game play, but never had it actually get hot. But then again, I've never watched a full length movie on the PB either. That's what my TV is for. Back when I was doing some several hour video play looping to test the PB battery draw for Peter and a disbelieving kenny, my PB was in the Journal case and I didn't notice it hot at that time either. I need to watch a movie sometime and see, but I have an aversion to watching on anything less than 42" LOL.
    deemgee and Zildjian71 like this.
    07-08-12 05:32 PM
    Mine gets hot sometimes. I just played a game and noticed it was really warm around the logo. A few weeks ago I noticed after surfing some YouTube videos it was hot. I rarely have it out of the case so I hardly ever noticed. My kids have been watching back to back full length movies everyday while in its case. Haven't noticed any problems yet.
    07-08-12 07:31 PM
    Yes it does get warm. I wouldnt say hot.
    07-08-12 08:32 PM
    I've watched full length movies also, tablet will be warm but not hot. Did you check with RIM about it.?
    07-08-12 08:57 PM
    ...but I have an aversion to watching on anything less than 42" LOL.
    Simple math... PlayBook + hdmi cable + 42" TV = Watching on 42"

BTW as per info on most tear down sites, the processor (most heat generating device in any computer) happens to be located about right under the logo, so that is the area we're most likely to feel heat.
    07-09-12 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD