As some of you may or may not know, RIM have a small window at the GDC on the 3rd of March to show case the below, and I think they are releasing the C/C++ SDK at this time too.

GDC - PlayBook
    Speaker/s: John Thomas (BlackBerry)
    Day / Time / Location: Thursday 9:00-10:00 Room 302, South Hall
    Track / Format: GDC Smartphone Summit / Sponsored Session
    Description: The new dual-core BlackBerry PlayBook offers professional grade gaming performance. Upcoming support for Native C/C++ applications using hardware-accelerated OpenGL opens a huge new opportunity for game developers. With Adobe Flash and AIR, and HTML5 integrated into the platform, you can start creating games immediately. Find out how you can start creating games for the BlackBerry PlayBook using the various development platforms, how you can distribute through BlackBerry App World, and ways to monetize with the BlackBerry Payments Service. Lets put the Play in BlackBerry PlayBook and learn how to qualify for your Free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet!
    Eligible Passes: Summits and Tutorials Pass, Audio Pass, All Access Pass

Are any of you going? Or know anyone that is going for this?

It would be interesting to see if anything else other than the usual Quake "demo", the 3D rendering or the recent NFS/Tetris games.

GDC Update 03.03.2011:

Writeup about engine and what is to be expected.
    GDC 2011: BlackBerry working to get middleware game engine support for PlayBook, news, BlackBerry PlayBook, PocketGamer.biz
    Last edited by Dr_Ettercap; 03-03-11 at 01:43 PM.
    02-20-11 02:29 PM
    Not going, but I'll be interested to see if anything new comes out of it.
    02-20-11 02:42 PM
    Should be interesting, but I think that consumers would like to know when to buy it more than devs would like to know when to submit their apps for them to be there at launch, so there's very little chance that the release date will come out of this, and that's pretty much the only thing I want to know about it...
    02-20-11 03:16 PM
    Should be interesting, but I think that consumers would like to know when to buy it more than devs would like to know when to submit their apps for them to be there at launch, so there's very little chance that the release date will come out of this, and that's pretty much the only thing I want to know about it...
    No. This is GDC. People go there for game developement. No one is expecting a release date from 1 man with a 1 hour window.

I'd also like to keep this thread about GDC and game developement for the PlayBook, not yet another discussion about release dates.

Not having a go at you, just want to keep it on track

Back on topic.

I'd love to have BioWare drum up some kind of RPG demo for the conference, or even a kind of Mass Effect sub series for the PlayBook in the long run. God That would be bloody amazing. My character a captain of a ship whilst walking around with a PlayBook in his/her hand

Battleheart would also be awesome. Yes my PS skills suck!

Last edited by Dr_Ettercap; 02-20-11 at 04:37 PM.
    02-20-11 04:18 PM
    No. This is GDC. People go there for game developement. No one is expecting a release date from 1 man with a 1 hour window.

I'd also like to keep this thread about GDC and game developement for the PlayBook, not yet another discussion about release dates.

Not having a go at you, just want to keep it on track

Back on topic.

I'd love to have BioWare drum up some kind of RPG demo for the conference, or even a kind of Mass Effect sub series for the PlayBook in the long run. God That would be bloody amazing. My character a captain of a ship whilst walking around with a PlayBook in his/her hand

Battleheart would also be awesome. Yes my PS skills suck!

YES it would be awesome to have some powerhouse games on the playbook. i would like to have some good online mulitplayer games. we could start a thread of what ppl are playing and be able to meet on the oline battlefield.

all those ppl with negitive comments on the forums i'll see you online when theres a good shooter out lol BOOM ! lol
    02-23-11 01:15 PM
    Let's face it: Games are very important to any platform. They generate visibility and attention and make the device cool.

Glad RIM is not neglecting this part of the equation.
    02-23-11 01:33 PM
    I'm curious to see if this spawns a whole new round of "they should announce the release date and prices this time!" suppositions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 02:17 PM
    they should announce the release date and prices this time!
    02-23-11 03:29 PM
    As GDC has now started, it's 2 days to go until we hopefully will see some gaming action other than Tetris, NFS and the 3D rendering!

There's been a lot of new posters on this board since I started this thread so will ask again if anyone is by any chance going?

If not I will update the main post with any and all information I find out about the PlayBook and GDC, and if anyone posts something I missed i'll add it as well!

And just one more thing. I know it's really hard for a few of you but keep the release date crap out of this thread and use the 4 billion threads for that!
    03-01-11 07:42 AM
    03-01-11 04:43 PM
    holy ****....i <3 google a netbook and now either a xoom or nexus phone
    03-01-11 05:01 PM
    My thought was crap why don't the events I go to every give stuff like this although I did when a small portable DVD player once. Plane trip back would have been better if only I had some DVD's to watch
    03-01-11 05:11 PM
    New games video for PlayBook.

Last edited by Dr_Ettercap; 03-02-11 at 09:51 AM.
    03-02-11 09:48 AM
    OP updated with what i've found so far.
    03-03-11 01:44 PM
    care to summarize? i dont have half an hour to watch all of those videos right now. we find out anything besides gaming info?
    03-03-11 01:51 PM
    care to summarize? i dont have half an hour to watch all of those videos right now. we find out anything besides gaming info?
    some weird machine game and monkey&banana "spot the differences"
    03-03-11 01:52 PM
    Same ****, different day.
    howarmat likes this.
    03-03-11 02:02 PM
    lol, ok i guess that helps :/ i was hoping for more i guess
    03-03-11 02:06 PM
    lol, ok i guess that helps :/ i was hoping for more i guess
    I was hoping something game wise new. I don't call what they showed games. I mean, spot the difference and elmo? I know the C++ sdk isn't out yet but I would have thought they'd drum up something, if only brief, with a bit of oomph for GDC.
    03-03-11 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD