Today my handy playbook helped me fix my weed eater, I downloaded a pdf repair manual on my pc and it was hard to read. So I emailed the file to my playbook and the file was much much easier to read on the playbook adobe reader.
    I was careful to keep the playbook clean,but I did learn that the rubberized rear casing on the playbook is resistant to gas and oil,I still recommend not testing that out.

PlayBook does what I need every time I turn around this little tablet saves the day.
    08-22-12 05:47 PM
    Today my handy playbook helped me fix my weed eater, I downloaded a pdf repair manual on my pc and it was hard to read. So I emailed the file to my playbook and the file was much much easier to read on the playbook adobe reader.
    I was careful to keep the playbook clean,but I did learn that the rubberized rear casing on the playbook is resistant to gas and oil,I still recommend not testing that out.

PlayBook does what I need every time I turn around this little tablet saves the day.
    All I can say is and you do learn something new everyday. I've used mine in the kitchen with recipes and a dusting of flour also does not do much damage other than smudge my OTTERBOX!!!
    bb624 and herculesinwyoming like this.
    08-22-12 06:23 PM
    The Otterbox is key for when using the PB with dirty hands. There is no problem washing the Otterbox in the sink, the PB not so much!
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    08-22-12 07:02 PM
    "...I did learn that the rubberized rear casing on the playbook is resistant to gas and oil,I still recommend not testing that out..."

I have a spare BB gelskin acquired out of a staples "discount" bin which would be perfect for it to temporarily 'wear' in these dirty counter top scenarios . . .
    08-22-12 07:07 PM
    Turns out you can wrap the playbook in saran wrap for use in the kitchen! The touchscreen works just fine!
    08-22-12 07:12 PM
    I can plug my PlayBook into my chest!
    08-22-12 07:20 PM
    Turns out you can wrap the playbook in saran wrap for use in the kitchen! The touchscreen works just fine!
    Would this not cause overheating problems?
    08-22-12 07:21 PM
    Today my handy playbook helped me fix my weed eater.....
    I keep pdf versions of my truck, bike, snowblower and lawn mower service manuals on my PlayBook for just that reason. It's so convenient and easy.
    08-22-12 07:55 PM
    Would this not cause overheating problems?
    Why would it? It's a very thin piece of plastic wrap.

Now imagine all the other playbooks that people stick a thick plastic or leather case on it.
    Those are much more likely to overheat. :P

Actually, I think I am oblivious to the fact that my playbook can get really hot when playing games because of the case. The case really insulates the heat in, so my playbook case always feels cool to the touch. I took it out once after playing a game and was quite alarmed to find it was really hot on the back casing.

Things you learn every day.
    08-22-12 08:04 PM
    I can plug my PlayBook into my chest!
    Tony Stark is that you?
    ASH 787, zethaaron, Barljo and 3 others like this.
    08-22-12 08:07 PM
    I was used my playbook to search for a trailer plug wiring diagram on line. Found a picture and proper the PB up on the bumper and followed the clear diagram, zoomed in and out when needed. Beauty!
    08-22-12 09:13 PM
    SPELL CHECK SORRY!

I used my playbook to search for a trailer plug wiring diagram on line. Found a picture and propped the PB up on the bumper and followed the clear diagram, zoomed in and out when needed. Beauty!
    08-22-12 09:24 PM
    Garage + old lcd tv on wall + hdmi cord + BB Remote = perfect setup for viewing just about everything.

iFans get really pissed and defensive when they see that...
    08-22-12 10:40 PM
    Used mine propped up on the front of the engine pulling the upper intake and following the pdf Factory Service Manual as we went. Smudges wiped right off the touchscreen.

Smaller and more unobtrusive than the paper manual I typically use.
    08-22-12 11:28 PM
    Just thought that for all you hands-on users in here.. This might be very useful - iGrip Windshield Tablet Kit for BlackBerry PlayBook 4G LTE , PlayBook | BlackBerry Car Mounts | ShopCrackBerry
    08-23-12 12:39 AM
    OP, you should use Print to go. then you can organize through the app with different folders (service manuals etc) for easy finding!
    08-23-12 06:33 AM

Gota love it the playbook is not just for techies it's for gear heds 2;D
    08-23-12 09:49 AM
    Gota love it the playbook is not just for techies it's for gear heds 2;D
    HAHA, I picked up the Otter Box case for me PB. I brought it to my mates house where I was helping him finish putting an additional layer on his garage roof. What can I say the thing is bulletproof, spill proof and loud!

What kinda protection do you use for your PB in the garage?
    esk369 likes this.
    08-23-12 09:56 AM
    OP - I did EXACTLY the same thing the other day. Hadn't used this weed eater in a long time. Was able to get the gas mix etc spot on with the manual on the PB! Funny world....
    esk369 likes this.
    08-23-12 11:00 AM
    Used my PB about a month ago to fix my garage door opener.
    08-23-12 11:16 AM
    I use my Playbook to download my plans for an Adirondack chair. I just used some wide rubber bands to cover up my speakers (since there was no audio) to keep the saw dust out. Plus the rubber bands allowed me to prop my Playbook up without it sliding down. I love the ease of zooming in and out to read the prints.
    08-23-12 11:28 AM
    HAHA, I picked up the Otter Box case for me PB. I brought it to my mates house where I was helping him finish putting an additional layer on his garage roof. What can I say the thing is bulletproof, spill proof and loud!

What kinda protection do you use for your PB in the garage?
    OB defender all the way
    08-23-12 01:26 PM
    I hear that Ballistic's case is good too.
    08-23-12 04:27 PM
    Okay, a game of Clue - I used the pb in an otterbox as a hammer in the garage!
    08-23-12 05:15 PM
    Weed eater is fixed! Had 3 screws left over haha but they use too many anyway.
    Now to download the repair manual for my 1976 datsun truck.
    08-23-12 07:49 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD