Please can anyone help. My daughter has lots of games on her playbook and they have all been downloaded through blackberry app world. Yesterday on about 20 of the apps the picture has disappeared and only the name of the game is showing. Also if we download any new apps the icon is not showing - only the name of the game. They all work fine its just the icon that has gone. If have searched on internet for answer but have come up with nothing so far. I am not very computer minded so please if anyone can help make answer as simple as possible. Thanks in advance.
    05-12-13 02:59 PM
    A reboot might fix it

Hold down: [VOLUME UP] + [POWER] + [VOLUME DOWN] for about 5-10 seconds.

Playbook goes black -> red light comes up -> Reboot
    jocky77 likes this.
    05-12-13 03:04 PM
    Thank you so much Jeroen_13 my daughters playbook is now in perfect order. all icons are back. much appreciated.
    05-12-13 04:22 PM
    It happens only rarely. While also rare, the Bridge Icons will also disappear with only the AppNames showing. A reboot usually fixes things like that. Sometimes merely power off and back on will fix it.

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    jocky77 likes this.
    05-12-13 05:10 PM
    Worst case is that you can uninstall and reinstall the app from within the BlackBerry World app and that should fix your icon. Since you paid for it, it is part of your purchase history and you can come back to it at anytime and do as you wish. I've had to uninstall/reinstall apps before...first time I did it I was antsy but it can still be installed once more without worry.

Word of advice, do NOT delete ALL ICONS from your quick launch bar (keep at least one at all times). If you do you will get an array error and have to drag ALL your icons onto the quick launch bar and then reboot to get things to work again. I have a LOT of apps on my PlayBook so you might imagine how much of a PITA it is to do this. It is a known bug and BlackBerry has a notice up about it in their help docs. It's still unfixed as of the 2.1.x release.
    jocky77 likes this.
    05-12-13 07:49 PM
    thanks for all your replies. If anything else goes wrong i will def come on here again for assistance and will take note of all the advices i have been given. Thankfully all in working order now. I get really stressed when things are not working properly. Today i am stress free!!!!!
    05-13-13 05:04 AM