Hi, I have a 16gb playbook which has been factory reset many times with the latest OS loaded but I still have the same issue. When I start the playbook up everything loads on screen and I can slide pages with the functions (camera, pictures, etc) and apps around, I can also open the settings and change them, but as soon as I try to start any of them they expand up and then immediately close down. You can see that its trying as when I click on the weather icon a little sun image appears for less than a second befor it closes. Any ideas would be welcome.
    BUILD ID: 186652
    AIR VERSION: 3.1.0.38
    Thanks
    06-11-12 11:23 AM
    How much. Each.lry do you have left? Open options,about, general and hardware.

How have you done the reset? You might want to do a full Debrick.
    06-11-12 11:27 AM
    What sort of Apps will not open? Are they all utilizing the Android utility fiunctionality or do basic apps that a native BB PB App World driven not side-loaded also not launching?

Have you already tried to complete a Security Wipe or Debrick of the unit and reload of OS?

let this Forum know and we will try and assist....
    06-11-12 11:28 AM
    Hi, thanks for the quick responce. In answer to both replies. free storage 12gb total memory 1gb, free memory 588.1mb. I have done a Security Wipe and Debrick also reload of OS. With regards to apps there are none on now as I have just reloaded everything. These are the things that load as default, messages, contacts, browser, calendar AppWorld, then there are all these; pictures, music camera videos music store video chat youtube kobo books nfb print to go adobe reader docs to go. The list goes on. When each one is touched they just flash up and then close. Have I managed to answer the queries? Thanks
    06-11-12 12:46 PM
    These are the things that load as default, messages, contacts, browser, calendar AppWorld, then there are all these; pictures, music camera videos music store video chat youtube kobo books nfb print to go adobe reader docs to go. The list goes on. When each one is touched they just flash up and then close. Have I managed to answer the queries? Thanks
    I've only seen what you describe when I was sideloading Android apps - they would start to open and then disappear. So if basic BB apps are doing the same, that's beyond my skill.
    06-11-12 12:52 PM
    Thanks, but what you describe is just what's happening. Could this be a hardware problem?
    06-11-12 01:06 PM
    Yes you have a Software on Hardware issue and the OS is bombing when the Software makes the call for the App - place a call to BB Tech support and get a RMA number and let them know that a debrick and Security Wipe reload does not lcear the issue which continues to appear.....good luck with next unit, somtimes there are production manufacturing lemons due to off-quality components and this problem was prevalent with one bad component lot#.
    06-14-12 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD