SO, recently I have found a new website called stickam that I enjoy using! And to make a long story short its a website where you can group chat with friends & family. Anyways, when I go on there and try to use my camera it only ever gives me the option of using my rear facing and not my front facing camera! In fact, it doesn't even recognize that there is a front facing camera... I've had this issue on a few different sites I've tried to use such as imo for skype and tinychat... Does anyone know how to correct this issue? As far as I can tell its not a camera issue as I can still use the front to take pictures/video with the playbook camera application, and video chat seems to work fine as well.. Am I right in thinking the front camera is in use by another application or there's a permissions problem blocking stickam from seeing it? Any help/advice would be greatly received!
    06-25-12 04:22 PM
    Playbook does not support any 3rd party Video Chat other than its own. There is no Skype, MSN, Yahoo or.... etc.
    06-25-12 05:13 PM
    You should contact them to find out of the PB is a supported device.
    06-25-12 05:17 PM
    I don't know if the Private Browsing setting affects the camera. I don't see any other Permissions for the Browser that refer to the camera(s).
    06-25-12 05:31 PM
    Playbook does not support any 3rd party Video Chat other than its own. There is no Skype, MSN, Yahoo or.... etc.
    I thought folks did use some web chat clients and also I THINK ReelPortal can use the camera???
    06-25-12 05:32 PM
    I don't know if the Private Browsing setting affects the camera. I don't see any other Permissions for the Browser that refer to the camera(s).
    I did try turning off the private browsing, but that didn't do the trick. I just don't understand why the back camera works but the front isn't an option.
    06-25-12 05:44 PM
    Maybe because camera access defaults to the rear camera. The PB camera apps then provide a way to switch. Other camera apps don't.
    06-25-12 05:51 PM
    Maybe because camera access defaults to the rear camera. The PB camera apps then provide a way to switch. Other camera apps don't.
    Interesting, is there anyway to get around that?
    06-25-12 05:55 PM
    You would have to call some api to switch cameras I'm pretty sure. That's not going to work on a website...
    06-25-12 05:56 PM
    You would have to call some api to switch cameras I'm pretty sure. That's not going to work on a website...
    How would I go about this?
    06-25-12 06:00 PM
    SO, recently I have found a new website called stickam that I enjoy using! And to make a long story short its a website where you can group chat with friends & family. Anyways, when I go on there and try to use my camera it only ever gives me the option of using my rear facing and not my front facing camera! In fact, it doesn't even recognize that there is a front facing camera... I've had this issue on a few different sites I've tried to use such as imo for skype and tinychat... Does anyone know how to correct this issue? As far as I can tell its not a camera issue as I can still use the front to take pictures/video with the playbook camera application, and video chat seems to work fine as well.. Am I right in thinking the front camera is in use by another application or there's a permissions problem blocking stickam from seeing it? Any help/advice would be greatly received!
    Can you load up the front facing camera through the native camera application? If that doesn't work then there is an issue with your front camera. My front camera isn't working but when it did, it used to work on imo, reelportal and av by aol.
    06-25-12 06:11 PM
    Can you load up the front facing camera through the native camera application? If that doesn't work then there is an issue with your front camera. My front camera isn't working but when it did, it used to work on imo, reelportal and av by aol.
    Yes, my front and back camera both work in the native pb application. Just not on stickam I guess
    06-25-12 06:18 PM
    Yes, my front and back camera both work in the native pb application. Just not on stickam I guess
    Don't have a clue as to what to tell you then homie... sorry.
    06-25-12 06:27 PM
    Try using a stand up mirror. That way you can see them still. Lol
    06-25-12 06:30 PM
    You could try using ReelPortal. The front facing cam works with it.
    06-25-12 07:32 PM
    I tried getting on to stickcam, but have not got the email yet. I have been able to use various websites chat sites with my front camera. Well, I have not chatted on them, as I just wanted to see how the Playbook camera would work. Don't know anybody with a Playbook. If I am able to get on stickcam, I will post.
    06-25-12 09:08 PM
    OKAY. My front camera was able to work on stickcam. Maybe you could do a restart?
    06-25-12 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD