I have all of the OS updates current but the last few days have had a big problem with the playbook freezing on me. 3 times a day or so and I wouldn't say I'm a heavy user. At most have 3 apps open and that isn't always the case when it freezes. Have to hard reboot and it works for 30 minutes or so. Anyone else have this problem?
    07-11-11 08:05 AM
    Something might be corrupted in you opperating system. I don't remmember my Playbook ever freezing. You might need to do a factory restore and reinstall your apps. The other option is delete one app at a time that you keep open and see if it stops freezing. Does the Playbook ever freeze without other apps open in the bacground? The best way is just to trial and error and see what is causing the hangs.
    Last edited by lavrishevo; 07-11-11 at 08:18 AM.
    07-11-11 08:15 AM
    It has frozen with nothing but the app I'm working in open. Usually has a couple open though. Also, not consistent on which apps are causing it. Sometimes browser, sometimes FB or others.
    07-11-11 08:20 AM
    I installed a mortgage calculator app that immediately started doing strange things to my PB. Delete all your added apps (the native ones are probably not the source of the trouble) and then reinstall them one at a time. If you can remember what you had recently added about the time the freezing started, you might be able to narrow down the source. Hard restarts should not be necessary. Normal soft restarts should suffice.
    07-11-11 08:30 AM
    Stocksplus was the most recent app I downloaded. Had no problems prior. I'll delete it, but is it safe to reinstall?
    07-11-11 09:30 AM
    Stocksplus is probably the culprit. If you reinstall the problem will most likely reappear unless it has been updated. Contact the developer and inform them of the problem (if that is in fact the app that is defective).
    07-11-11 09:36 AM
    it was freezing about 2 times a day for me too. at first i thought it was because i had it on 100 percent brightness because it got pretty hot so i put it down to half way but it just froze less. i did a security wipe and now works fine. it was probably an app i down loaded because the same happened to my torch and i deleted the last app that downloaded and everything worked fine after that.
    07-11-11 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD