Once upon a time, there was Pong............
    Ooooohhhhhh I love a good story. I've got my pasties and brandy so forget the ps whatever number it is and please tell me the story!!!!!!!!
    03-26-13 02:10 PM
    Keep going. I suppose there was a PS1.
    That's "P's" 1 to you!
    03-26-13 02:54 PM
    Can you two please be quiet and let the man tell the story!!!!

Ok once upon a time.... Carry on........
    03-26-13 03:02 PM
    wait for it................................................ .........THE END!!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-26-13 04:33 PM
    Really a great deal considering the price of a playbook
    i would love to have such an offer for mine
    03-26-13 08:37 PM
    I remember when Pong came out. I got one for my birthday.
    03-26-13 09:34 PM
    Can you two please be quiet and let the man tell the story!!!!

Ok once upon a time.... Carry on........

Hmmm Yes Carry on.....

Pong as Kenneth Williams in a Carry On movie would say....oh what a pong.....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-27-13 07:17 AM
    wait for it................................................ .........THE END!!
    Did I miss the middle bit?
    03-27-13 09:07 AM
    I'm with you on the apologists, hey if RIM didn't include a feature, then it must be a good thing, right?
    Yes, I could have remained with my playbook a bit longer, but the attitude of the apologists here convinced me that RIM was not a serious company.

Like people telling you it's all right if you have no updates for your apps, because they already work anyway. I switched to Android and I have updates almost everyday, or on average once a month for each app.

My Android tab has received OS update to ICS, and will receive Jelly Bean in a few month. Today I received an invitation to try Insynch, and I am reading about it.

And well at least I am relieved I will be able to open any PDF received from work, wich not possible on the "professional-grade" playbook.
    03-27-13 01:18 PM
    Actually I hate the constant updating of android apps. Never see any improvements. Must just be for the update-aholics, thinking they are getting something better. It's just a mind game...
    dphjeff and sad_old_man like this.
    03-27-13 01:36 PM
    Actually I hate the constant updating of android apps. Never see any improvements. Must just be for the update-aholics, thinking they are getting something better. It's just a mind game...
    Indeed - I occasionally use my Android tablets, now - maybe once a week, or so.

And predictably, when I wake them up, there is quite a lot of app updates - that's not always so much great progress, though - I can't think of one instance (well OK, one then - the Kindle app) where I've been aware of updates actually enhancing the experience. In all other instances, it's either made things worse, or change functionality in something of a negative way.
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-27-13 01:54 PM
    And well at least I am relieved I will be able to open any PDF received from work, wich not possible on the "professional-grade" playbook.
    I find this strange - I am constantly glued to my PB - at home & work. I connect online through my Android phone, and never had an issue with any pdf I have received, either via a download or email. I can honestly say that the PB, of the 3 different varieties of tablet i've owned (ipad, android & PB) that the PB, for professional use - documents, ppt, books, research, spreadsheets, meetings, etc beats the others hands down. It is an excellent professional tool which I use constantly.

Plus the remainder of games & apps are getting much better.

Good luck with the android - I've been there, but the lag of multi-apps, rogue startup apps, ram getting eaten away just got me in the end...then I found the PB!

Cheers
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-27-13 02:02 PM
    I love updates as well. Any chance you could update me on the story from 'bambinoitaliano'? I got the once upon a time bit but I must have gone down to the cellar after that and when I returned just in time to get...... THE END!. What happened in the middle bit, apart from me going go the cellar.

ps enjoy your android experience OP. I have two galaxy tab 10.1s and I don't think I could even remember how to switch one on!
    03-27-13 02:14 PM
    The guy was using his PB and he OD-ed on brandy and pasties (whatever they are???). Sort of an autobiography for some one. Hmmmmm.

Oops: didn't follow the story line. He was using his PS16 (aka Sony Playstation) in the year 2016 when he just got BB10 on the his PB.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-27-13 02:21 PM
    The guy was using his PB and he OD-ed on brandy and pasties (whatever they are???). Sort of an autobiography for some one. Hmmmmm.

Oops: didn't follow the story line. He was using his PS16 (aka Sony Playstation) in the year 2016 when he just got BB10 on the his PB.
    Ha ha now come on be serious ! You cannot under any circumstances OD on brandy or pasties. Now stop kidding me. Now how can you OD on something as beautiful as this, shame on you sir
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-27-13 02:41 PM
    Is that a "pasty"? Looks like it can stick on your gut. BTW, you look very young in that picture. How old were you there?
    03-27-13 04:13 PM
    Ha ha now come on be serious ! You cannot under any circumstances OD on brandy or pasties. Now stop kidding me. Now how can you OD on something as beautiful as this, shame on you sir
    Oh my! What big pasty you got! True, no one can OD on brandy and pasties but they certainly...…......... What was I rambling about?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-27-13 06:28 PM
    That's a good point for PB owners. You never get updates so don't worry about that
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-27-13 08:52 PM
    Keep going. I suppose there was a PS1.
    Yes, but then it was just called the PS. (Not to be confused with a POS)
    FF22 likes this.
    03-28-13 12:15 AM
    Is that a "pasty"? Looks like it can stick on your gut. BTW, you look very young in that picture. How old were you there?
    I must out of politeness answer this honorable members post even though it is not factually in keeping with the OPs thread.

Firstly, one must never ever under any circumstances be tempted to the dark side and stick a pasty to your gut. (whatever that is).

Secondly this photograph was posted by another member of this forum (names withheld to protect the guilty) who burgled my house to get it.

This was my wedding photograph and yes thank you for noticing, I am young in this photography. My wedding day was just before my 292nd birthday, well about seven months earlier but that's close enough for me so we combined the celebrations to have just a one year long party. Ohhhh was i tired after that?

Anyway please feel free to ask any relevant questions at any relevant time, but do not try this at home!
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-28-13 12:35 PM
    Oh no, you're a Vulcan. No wonder brandy and pasties have no effect on you. Ears should be a little more pointy, though. Maybe a mutation.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-28-13 01:32 PM
    Oh no, you're a Vulcan. No wonder brandy and pasties have no effect on you. Ears should be a little more pointy, though. Maybe a mutation.
    How observant of you! Yes my father had a push bike so that could be the reason.

Live long and pasty! (mmm did I get that right)
    03-28-13 02:16 PM
    [QUOTE=
    Live long and pasty! (mmm did I get that right)[/QUOTE]

Close. I think most trekkies will forgive you...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-28-13 02:54 PM
    Close. I think most trekkies will forgive you...
    Did you know that the pasty was the very first intergalactic, interstellar language and that single handed the pasty has saved more people than anything known to man.

You may want to get yourself a pasty Gooseberry Falls because the benefits to you where you live far outweighs the cost of the pasty. Think about it!

You decide to go out for a lovely stroll when wham, your attacked by a polar bear!!!! Answer simply take the pasty out of your backpack and hit the polar bear on the nose with it. It will run off leaving you safe. This method is also effective on grisly bears, brown bears, koala bears, teddy bears, gummy bears, sperm whales, anacondas, king cobras, trekkies and every other animal, vegetable or mineral being know in the galaxy.
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-28-13 03:46 PM
    the benefits to you where you live far outweighs the cost of the pasty. Think about it!
    OK. Starting to take offense at the ST misquotes:
    "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Spock
    Spock - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki

Nothing about pasties.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-28-13 04:51 PM
54 123