Thanks to everyone who helped out with questions and tips. I have found myself using the Playbook less and less, usually less than once per week, so when I had an insane offer to trade mine and $20 for a like new Playstation 3 console, I leaped.

I will miss the techheads who helped get around the PB's limitations, and who didn't give RIM a free pass. I WON'T miss the apologists who blame the owner when they ask why Netflix et al isn't available, nor those who cry out for a BB10 upgrade who praised QNX at every turn.

Great site, great community, but honestly, RIM is not my kind of company. I should have gotten out when they took the sideload away, but I held on for the best deal, and boy did I get it!

Adios, amigos!
    03-25-13 10:11 PM
    Enjoy the ps3, mine had been collecting dust for 2 years.
    03-25-13 10:16 PM
    Buh-bye! (10 characters later....) buh-bye!
    03-25-13 10:17 PM
    They NEVER did take the sideload away! I still sideload when I find something interesting. You were unfortunately misinformed on that score.
    axllebeer likes this.
    03-25-13 11:52 PM
    I'm with you on the apologists, hey if RIM didn't include a feature, then it must be a good thing, right?

And I certainly agree with you about not giving RIM a free pass for its poor treatment of the Playbook and its OS. They could have done much better and I hope BB10 will mean a new beginning for the company. Consumers should do more than just consume, they should be critical of the products they use and spur manufacturers to innovate instead of glorifying their past achievements.

If someone can come up with a 7" Android tablet with microSD and priced similarly to the Playbook, I would definitely switch.
    katesbb likes this.
    03-26-13 12:17 AM
    Good luck with your new toy.
    03-26-13 12:21 AM
    Agree about those here in denial but I have to ask Wtf are you talking about "when they took the side load away"
    Did you read that in a blog somewhere( I know I did) and never tried side loading again or is the truth that you never even owned a PLAYBOOK, OR..are you high,drunk or both?

One of the best things about the PLAYBOOK is its portability. I mean you can take that thing anywhere and whip it out without feeling awkward.

Good trade though. I'd sell the Ps3 and buy two more PLAYBOOK's but hey that's just me.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    Vithulan L Nathan and djmm2 like this.
    03-26-13 12:55 AM
    Good trade though. I'd sell the Ps3 and buy two more PLAYBOOK's but hey that's just me.
    and me... But hey we must be crazy people then...
    Vithulan L Nathan likes this.
    03-26-13 01:24 AM
    Quitter, Don't let the door hit ya!!!
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-26-13 02:01 AM
    Adi�s se�or.
    03-26-13 02:36 AM
    Goodbye, that's all I have to say because I'm busy sideloading right now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    MTL and axllebeer like this.
    03-26-13 03:39 AM
    Aw, maybe we're being too harsh. Clearly this guy's a gamer, which may explain why he only used the PlayBook once a week or less. It's said that World of Warcraft can be a full-time endeavour.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    03-26-13 05:54 AM
    Adios, amigos!
    Adios @Anjohl.

Lucky guy who got a PB for only $20.
    03-26-13 06:07 AM
    Aw, maybe we're being too harsh. Clearly this guy's a gamer, which may explain why he only used the PlayBook once a week or less. It's said that World of Warcraft can be a full-time endeavour.
    its also said WoW is a life consumer, family destroyer. but that said WoW is not available on ps3 unless I'm wrong I stand corrected. I'm more than happy playing modern warfare 3 online on my wii with a pro controller every now and then
    03-26-13 07:29 AM
    I should have gotten out when they took the sideload away, but I held on for the best deal, and boy did I get it!

Adios, amigos!
    To echo the sentiments of F2, you are grossly misinformed. Buena suerte!
    03-26-13 08:19 AM
    Could anyone tell me what a ps3 is please so that I know whether to laugh or cry?
    03-26-13 08:38 AM
    I'll show this to my 10yr old nephew. He is the closest person to me who uses a PS3.
    03-26-13 08:45 AM
    Could anyone tell me what a ps3 is please so that I know whether to laugh or cry?
    It's an older version of PS4.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-26-13 10:26 AM
    It's an older version of PS4.
    Now I like that! It's good its very good. All I need to know now what a ps4 is.

Is this a guessing game or can anyone join in?
    03-26-13 10:58 AM
    Now I like that! It's good its very good. All I need to know now what a ps4 is.

Is this a guessing game or can anyone join in?
    PS4 is the future of Atari
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-26-13 11:32 AM
    PS4 is the future of Atari
    So it is a guessing game. I like them games. Just let me go and get a couple of pasties ready and some brandy from the cellar and I will try to guess the answer. If your in a good mood you might possibly leave me a few clues before I return.

Thanks in advance.
    03-26-13 11:45 AM
    So it is a guessing game. I like them games. Just let me go and get a couple of pasties ready and some brandy from the cellar and I will try to guess the answer. If your in a good mood you might possibly leave me a few clues before I return.

Thanks in advance.
    The clues are also in the basement - go back and keep searching till you find them.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-26-13 11:57 AM

Thanks in advance.
    Once upon a time, there was Pong............
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-26-13 12:08 PM
    But Pong wasn't the first one, as a company called Nutting Associates had already released their Computer Space game in 1971. I kid you not.
    Considering what would kids do without video games. It's not much stretch of an imagination how the first accessory being call joystick.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-26-13 12:49 PM
    But Pong wasn't the first one, as a company called Nutting Associates had already released their Computer Space game in 1971. I kid you not.
    Considering what would kids do without video games. It's not much stretch of an imagination how the first accessory being call joystick.
    Keep going. I suppose there was a PS1.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-26-13 01:23 PM
54 123