I can not seem to get my Playbook to link up with the Sync in my 2011 Ford 450 superduty.
    Sync can see it, and gives me a pin # to enter, and then is reads "pairing complete" but it is nowhere to be found in the sync after this, and my playbook shows "no bluetooth connections available"

Does anyone know if the playbook is compatable with sync, or if maybe theres a software update for sync? Any input would be appreciated .

Cheers,

Derek.
    10-06-11 02:19 PM
    What are you trying to do with Sync? The playbook can't stream bluetooth music, and you can't make/receive calls on it, so what are you planning to sync Sync with?
    D Rex likes this.
    10-06-11 02:28 PM
    AH, you answered my question right there. I am new to the playbook and was unaware that it does not stream bluetooth audio. which is kinda poo, but it is what it is. I was hoping to be able to stream some music and wanted to have the sound from movies play through the speakers when we're on the road and working out of town.

Thank you for your response.

Derek.
    10-06-11 02:50 PM
    Ya in this day and age a device like this that cant stream music is kind of lame. Just add another ask for 2.0
    10-06-11 03:59 PM
    What are you trying to do with Sync? The playbook can't stream bluetooth music, and you can't make/receive calls on it, so what are you planning to sync Sync with?
    Dang,

That's exactly what I wanted to do with it too.

12-09-11 03:30 PM
    Dang,

That's exactly what I wanted to do with it too.

Hang in there, with the OS2.0 scheduled to be released in Feb, things will work over the bluetooth...
    12-09-11 03:54 PM
    Hang in there, with the OS2.0 scheduled to be released in Feb, things will work over the bluetooth...
    And you've seen that in print where? I've seen no such information. Only folks speculating it might be included.
    12-09-11 06:09 PM
    bummer, it wont transfer video or photos either over blutooth, at least i havnt been able too.
    12-09-11 06:43 PM
    I thought the Ford synch thingy was nothing more then a personal wi-fi hotspot so that one could connect to the www while on the road.?
    12-09-11 06:45 PM
    bummer, it wont transfer video or photos either over blutooth, at least i havnt been able too.
    No it will not. Inherently, it does not support those types of BT protocols. You can transfer if you get 3rd party apps, File Browser or Files and Folders.
    12-09-11 08:00 PM
    I can play the music on bb thru bluetooth thru sync.
    12-09-11 08:29 PM
    Can anyone confirm if Ford Sync and OS2 play nice together now? I have bluetooth on and discoverable, but sync does not even see it there for me
    02-23-12 05:15 PM
    OK I went out and tried it again. I got it all setup now. It is working great! Woohoo
    kbz1960 and Uncle Remus like this.
    02-23-12 07:53 PM
    OK I went out and tried it again. I got it all setup now. It is working great! Woohoo
    Cool I have sync also.
    deanrw1 and Uncle Remus like this.
    02-23-12 08:16 PM
    Wow, this thread is almost 1.5yrs old, I'm planning to buy a ford (fingers crossed lol) and I wanted to know this very thing, and the ford sales guy couldn't tell me beyond saying that if it has AD2P it should work. So this is the answer I was looking for. And I'm hoping to get the Z10 tomorrow and the car within 2 weeks, so new toys all around me.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    02-04-13 06:52 AM
    Found your problem. its not the PlayBook. Its that you bought a Ford!
    02-04-13 11:56 AM
    Yes, Playbook will stream music/audio to a bluetooth speaker. It is Ad2p compatible.
    02-04-13 12:32 PM
    the ford sales guy couldn't tell me beyond saying that if it has AD2P it should work. So this is the answer I was looking for.
    I have SYNC in my Fusion.. even updated it through the Ford website and I must say I'm very pleased with the way the Playbook works with this.
    Last time I had Magellan Compass working, the playbook synced and listening to tunes, all MC directions came from the car speakers along with tunes and crappy old LG cellphone support all at the same time.
    Oh what magical times we live in....

Quicksilver can you give us a heads up when you get the Z10 and new car, and let us know how it's working for you?
    02-05-13 11:46 AM
    I have SYNC in my Fusion.. even updated it through the Ford website and I must say I'm very pleased with the way the Playbook works with this.
    Last time I had Magellan Compass working, the playbook synced and listening to tunes, all MC directions came from the car speakers along with tunes and crappy old LG cellphone support all at the same time.
    Oh what magical times we live in....

Quicksilver can you give us a heads up when you get the Z10 and new car, and let us know how it's working for you?
    Awesome, and I will update... I am going tonight to the ford dealership to negotiate pricing and then picking up my Z10, so hopefully within 2 weeks, I can update you guys.
    02-05-13 12:01 PM
    Buy a Ford from me and I will Sync your Playbook!!!
    02-05-13 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD