Well, I came down with mad cowboom's disease a few weeks ago and bought a used Asus Transformer. Since then, it's been getting an ample amount of my time. There are some things that I can do with it that don't even compare on the PB. However, I still find myself preferring the U/I of the PB, especially the ability to use gestures. The PB still feels the most "natural" and "comfortable" of any device I have. It's portable, has a great screen, an intuitive interface and it works seemlessly with my Blackberry when I'm mobile. However, the number of apps is still the main issue. I would say I spend about 65% more time with the Transformer at the moment. Oddly enough, even though I can use Chrome beta and Firefox beta on the Transformer (which is running ICS 4.0.3), I still prefer the browser on the PB, especially how it handles my bookmarks and how it handles flash. If I could ever get google offline maps on my PB it would be my ideal portable tablet, and I would just use the larger Transformer while I'm around the house.
    06-21-12 09:23 AM
    Try Magellan Compass.

I think it works GREAT. The only "caveat" is that you have to "save" the map tiles to the playbook itself. It can be a bit time consuming, but once saved, you no longer need a wifi connection for the map to load.

Just kick up the amount of memory used for map storage (uses Open Street Maps or Mapquest) I use Open Steet Maps and once I READ the help section in the App, figured out how to store the map tiles and got the whole state of California installed.

C
    06-21-12 09:41 AM
    I have to agree on the UI. Now they only need the function and apps. Hoping they get there soon. I would rather use my pb than any other UI.
    06-21-12 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD