Just returned from a week long cruise to the Southern Caribbean. I certainly appreciated having my Curve/and PlayBook along, it continues to be an invaluable device for me and the family.
    Few observations:
    Wi-Fi in the cabins and throughout the ship worked flawlessly. Also worked flawlessly at Starbucks in Willemstad ,Cura�ao and many open Wi-Fi spots along the way. But the most memorable was at the beach bar Moomba beach, Aruba.
    I got the Ephone app for playbook, was able to call home several times, to keep tabs on our dramatic teenagers. PlayBook is perfect for reading Ebooks in directly sunlight (on the sundeck) it is perfect for capturing HD videos, although I ran out of space had to delete a few apps.
    On our way back home (really, really long layover), a curious 5 year old boy who is sitting with his family across from us approaches and asks:
    �Can I play with your eye paaaad?�
    Sure do you like cars? How about �Need for Speed� I ask. (Since I recently deleted several kid friendly apps)

I turn the volume up hand it over as he sits comfortably between my wife and I, and immediately masters this game with little instructions. His entire body leans into us with each curve in the road. He can�t stop giggling with excitement. I am thinking the playbook is also perfect for little tactile hands.
    His dad finally pulls out his IPad attempting to coax him back to his seat. Eventually he goes to get it brings it back to sit with us, but hands me the IPad, and keeps my playbook, I wink at the dad and smile. So I open a similar race game and we continued playing as If we are in the same race. I am thinking there is a making of a TV commercial.

04-17-12 10:49 AM
    Sounds as if you had a good time post some photos bud.
    04-17-12 12:36 PM
    The last part of the story literally had me LOL... Visuals and all. And yes it would make an awesome commercial..
    04-17-12 12:50 PM
    What is "Ephone?" can you post a link?
    04-17-12 01:25 PM
    Sounds as if you had a good time post some photos bud.
    Off in the distance is either the West coast of Haiti or the East coast of Cuba not sure I circuled the deck several times:

Perfect day for sailing :

04-17-12 01:31 PM
    What is "Ephone?" can you post a link?

It is a tellephone app (VOIP via Wi-Fi) for the playbook. search the appworld from your playbook and you can install the 3 day demo and try it out for yourself. It costs $20 a year which in my opinion is alot cheaper than paying for roaming whiles traveling.
    04-17-12 02:07 PM
    What cruise line were you on? We took a Celebrity cruise in February but since the wifi was via satellite, the speed was akin to dialup.

I'm intrigued by the voip app though as we're doing the southern Carribean next February!

Thanks for that tip!
    04-17-12 03:48 PM
    Princess Cruise Line . One of thier loyalty rewards (perks) is free Wi-Fi minutes not sure how much you get but it does comes in handy. BBM worked instantly from the cabin. But I guess one would consider the web pages slower, on the ship but that didnt stop anyone there were a few PlayBooks, Lots of Ipads and Andriods .
    04-17-12 04:45 PM
    Good story, I like to here stuff like this....glad you had a great time
    04-17-12 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD