I just wanted to go ahead and say again what a great device the PlayBook is. I am looking forward to enjoying it for a long time to come. Great job RIM!!!
    04-25-11 06:24 PM
    I am in 100% agreement. A wonderful device indeed. Perfect size for carrying and I sure it will just get better over time. Same thing the Android tablet people are saying about that OS. More apps would be better but I am only really missing one or two things that I cannot get on a web page.
    04-25-11 06:26 PM
    IMHO, $500 is a bit to much for a paperweight.
    You don't have one though.........
    Xecutioner88, Wazzy9 and Nojo73 like this.
    04-25-11 06:30 PM
    You don't have one though.........
    You just WTFPWNT that comment!
    04-25-11 06:32 PM
    Love mine also. Does everything I need for now. Can't wait to see what comes with the updates.
    04-25-11 06:33 PM
    I am in 100% agreement. A wonderful device indeed. Perfect size for carrying and I sure it will just get better over time. Same thing the Android tablet people are saying about that OS. More apps would be better but I am only really missing one or two things that I cannot get on a web page.
    i think once RIM get their act together with a few more Apps we should be good to go. Need Skype, BBM, and DM for Mac. Angry Farm......
    04-25-11 06:35 PM
    I agree. This thing rocks!
    04-25-11 06:36 PM
    I will join in in the Playbook love fest. I was realistic when i got mine, I knew apps would be sparce at first, but with this browser i feel free! I am really looking forward to watching the QNX platform evolve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 06:36 PM
    Me too!!
    As I said in another post, I'm excited for the updates to come. I'm not an impatient brat and will enjoy what I have now.
    Like the Torch when I first got it was pretty sucky, but as the updates came, the better it got.
    Bring it on RIM, make this thing rock!
    04-25-11 06:41 PM
    It's a shame that you have to derail the enthusiasm of many posters on the forum.

The nature of your posts are very rude and full of dramatic falsehood's.

I really hope you are more useful to yourself and society in general then you are to forumer's on CB...

I feel you should be banned, as your drivel is of benefit to absolutely no one on CB.

What I find odd is that the usual trolling suspects appear to frequent the forums,in others absences

What is even more
    Pathetic, is one user sharing multiple accounts!

LOSER'S!
    Rainforrest likes this.
    04-25-11 06:46 PM
    Paperweight? The only thing holding the Playbook right now is its lack of software, although web access alleviate somewhat this lack. For example, I was able to stream videos from my PC at home to my Playbook at work using Orb and the Orb Flash player (just as if as I using a PC). The same would have cost me $10 to download the apps for the iPad. Have you been able to watch Hulu on your iPad? We were able, until Hulu blocked it. Still, users have found a way to keep watching it.

Beside software, it beats the iPad2 in almost every other aspect. There is nothing the iPad2 can do that will give it stereo microphones, built-in stereo speakers, over 1 MB cameras, 1080p recording, touch sensitive bezel, HDMI out, 1 GB of RAM and because of Stevie's stubbornness, Flash support, use it as a USB drive and true multi-tasking.
    04-25-11 06:48 PM
    ScottsdaleHokie to Steve Jobs - how am I doing boss?

Steve Jobs - You are doing great! I love the 12 year old quality of your insults! Keep up the good work.

SDH - Oh I will sir. Anything for you. Like I've told you I don't really have anything else to do.

SJ - Well stay on course. As a side note are you really a VT fan?

SDH - I sure am - love them Hokies!

SJ - Wow - that's just great. 3rd rate education and bad sports programs that produce upstanding citizens like Vick. Whatever - Just keep up the childish insults on Crackberry. You are doing great.

SDH - Wait - what school should I root for? I'll change - I just want to please you master! Reed College? I love Reed!

That about explains it - Like sheep being led to slaughter.
    04-25-11 06:51 PM
    I have been using my new Playbook for a few days now. I can honestly say I am impressed too. It is a great device as is and will only get better. Good job RIM and hurry with all the new improvements.
    04-25-11 06:54 PM
    yes Angry Birds, that's the one I am missing.
    Skype would be great too.
    04-25-11 06:56 PM
    "Other than the ship sinking mid-voyage, I really enjoyed my ride aboard the Titanic."
    Awesome! Thanks for that super useful post.

Will you just let those who enjoy it do so? Is it THAT hard?
    tstrike34 likes this.
    04-25-11 07:20 PM
    "Other than the ship sinking mid-voyage, I really enjoyed my ride aboard the Titanic."
    Software can be fixed via OTA updates. Sh|t hardware like the ipad 2 cameras and speakers can't. Maybe next year.
    tstrike34, wassab and lnichols like this.
    04-25-11 07:27 PM
    QNX for the win. Future looks bright. Just wish i had more patience while waiting for it
    04-25-11 07:55 PM
    Very weak. Trying to be clever and cute but failing badly. Try again?
    04-25-11 07:58 PM
    found this pretty amusing, was on the ipad part of this forum looking up some ipad2 info for my wife as she has the 1st gen, and this guys name pops up, lmao!
    http://forum.tipb.com/ipad-forum/211...tching-me.html
    04-25-11 08:01 PM
    Very weak. Trying to be clever and cute but failing badly. Try again?
    NO! DON'T! Don't ask him to try again! We have enough useless comments from him already! When he can't debate (and that's almost all the time), he just trolls.
    04-25-11 08:02 PM
    I too love my Playbook and dont see what all the complaining from people is about. Everyone knew the app worl was going to be weak. Its new of course there is little to choose from. It will get better, be patient. As soon as more developers get a chance to finish some apps and when the android app player becomes available then we will be good to go. I personally could care less about a bunch of apps I love the web browsing and the camera and video quality. Taking video especially outside during the day is rediculous! The quality is SICK!!!
    04-25-11 08:03 PM
    i agree, you should sell your iPhone and get a real one!
    04-25-11 08:33 PM
    i love my playbook! this thing can literally replace a computer.. file downloads, an accessible file system,annd smooooth multitasking. whats not to love!?
    04-25-11 09:16 PM
    with most of us having the playbook for a week, the one main benefit we stand to gain is the knowledge we've acquired as early adopters as we work thru the updates, fixes, and bugs here and there. i dont know if we would be as aware if we just bought the device today and tried catching up with all the posts by playbook owners.

its been a great week learning the features of the device and like most of us, rather excited about upcoming developments and updates. but as it stands today, love the playbook but can be so much better.

RIM, if your reading thru this forum, address the wish list on the sticky thread and you'll serve a healthy portion of "in your face" to all those that wrote off the playbook.
    04-25-11 09:58 PM
    Yeah the Playbook is a great machine. Sure, it needs a few apps but give it a couple months and they'll be there. I can do all my regular stuff on it and the browser is better then I expected. I love the smaller screen, way easy to carry around and you don't look like a nerd carrying your huge iPad. It's truly a great business device.

-m
    04-25-11 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD