I'm not a huge Facebook user but have a handful of friends.... I get this annoying birthday reminder that keeps coming back even though I hit Dismiss, it keeps coming back every minute or so! Actually the day before the BD.

How to kill this???
    05-21-12 04:55 PM
    On Settings > Accounts >edit your Facebook account> edit Birthday Reminders and choose NONE. Cheers!
    piper975 likes this.
    05-21-12 05:01 PM
    On Settings > Accounts >edit your Facebook account> edit Birthday Reminders and choose NONE. Cheers!

I chose None....but I still get birthday reminder alarms every 12 midnight.
    05-21-12 05:21 PM
    Bummer. You have to kill your iOS app player NOW dude.
    05-21-12 07:11 PM
    I chose None....but I still get birthday reminder alarms every 12 midnight.
    Probably because you're bridged. In that case, you have to go into your BB and turn off the reminders there.
    05-21-12 08:55 PM
    Nope - not bridged.

I am on fb right now and I can't even find "settings"... Where is it?
    05-21-12 09:54 PM
    Top swipe down. Options. Account settings.
    05-21-12 11:59 PM
    Top swipe down. Options. Account settings.
    Thanks - i did get that far, both on my laptop and on the PB but I just don't see an option for Birthdays anywhere. I don't get these annoying Birthday alarms by email, only on the PB. It's the same type of alarm that I get on Google Calendar -- yet if I look at the events in my Calendar there are no Birthdays listed. Grrrrrr.

And these alarms always chime the day before, not on the actual BD.
    05-22-12 06:55 AM
    Did you add your facebook to your Accounts on your Playbook? So messages come directly in (like emails)? If so go to your accounts settings and edit Facebook.
    05-22-12 07:00 AM
    I'm not a huge Facebook user but have a handful of friends.... I get this annoying birthday reminder that keeps coming back even though I hit Dismiss, it keeps coming back every minute or so! Actually the day before the BD.

How to kill this???
    I had the same thing happen. Reminder comes up, click dismiss 4 or 5 times and then the reminder would go away for about 10 minutes only to pop back up. It has only happened with one contact. I don't have an answer and unless it happens again I'm not going to search for one.
    Annoying is an understatement.
    05-22-12 07:55 AM
    I had the same thing happen. Reminder comes up, click dismiss 4 or 5 times and then the reminder would go away for about 10 minutes only to pop back up. It has only happened with one contact. I don't have an answer and unless it happens again I'm not going to search for one.
    Annoying is an understatement.
    Exactly my problem. So annoying.
    05-22-12 10:01 AM
    Same here. It is not that I want to turn this notification off all the time, the bug in this case is that the PB does not seem to understand what DISMISS means. There seems to be no difference really between snooze and dismiss. My understanding of dismiss is I HEARD YA, YOU CAN STOP NOW! Never had that issue before the last update. This is a bug that got introduced with the last update. I even wiped the PB because of this and installed from scratch. Did not help.
    05-22-12 10:29 AM
    After you go Accounts > Facebook, it should be right there.

05-22-12 11:09 AM

Click to view quoted image
    I know of that setting and I tried that, but then none of your friends birthdays get announced unless you reboot.
    05-22-12 12:33 PM
    It's the way you have your calendar settings. Adjust them. I bet you have your facebook calendar tied in, and you need to adjust your calendar settings.
    05-22-12 12:38 PM

Click to view quoted image
    Bingo!!! Thanx!
    06-06-12 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD