I'm a newbie on using BB... Got my new PB four days ago... Initial set up was fine until the update on OS which was not successful... Now, PB is dead (black screen with red LED blinking twice per cycle)... Tried stack charging and the power/vol button press but no improvement... tried to unbrick through DM but I am getting a message "Error in updating the Software"... I am totally lost but still hoping my first encounter with BB will not be a disaster... Please help... I am already having sleepless nights....
    09-14-12 07:56 AM
    I am sorry, but that is memory problem, internal memory for OS encountered fatal error, meaning can't be resolve by any software but needs to be repaired.
    09-14-12 12:08 PM
    hmm... that was bad news... I guess my first experience with BB was not that pleasant afterall... Thanks! atleast I have some closure and not worry much...
    09-15-12 02:40 AM
    Thanks to customer support! Had my pb running after numerous tries to do update!
    11-13-12 12:31 AM
    Thanks to customer support! Had my pb running after numerous tries to do update!
    Just persistence or did they give you some special steps to follow? It could help someone else.
    11-13-12 12:50 AM
    It turns out that im doing the right thing (unbrick using dm but with higher internet speed around 2Mbps)... After countless trials, update was finally successful (red led blinks slowly turned green until fully charge with screen showing
    the battery icon)
    11-13-12 12:46 PM
    It turns out that im doing the right thing (unbrick using dm but with higher internet speed around 2Mbps)... After countless trials, update was finally successful (red led blinks slowly turned green until fully charge with screen showing
    the battery icon)
    Good to hear you successfully recovered and updated your BlackBerry PlayBook. A few people successfully downloaded .1088 only to have the installation phase fail. The upgrade experience should be easier to prevent leaving a bad impression in the minds of new users. A netboot-feature to install the OS instead of requiring BlackBerry Desktop Software would be easier.
    11-13-12 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD