Is the PB officially EOL? I guess yes. Thoughts?
    08-02-13 11:12 AM
    First!!!!!
    08-02-13 11:16 AM
    It'll probably have minor updates. They haven't said officially that it's EOL at this point. It's a sore spot that they're trying to dodge and avoid at this point. I think at the next major event, they will announce where they want to go with the PB. All they've said so far is that there won't be BB10
    08-02-13 11:21 AM
    LOL! Just found the recycling program on the BBRY website- thought it an appropriate pic:

Is the PlayBook End of Life yet?-tablet-recylcing.jpg
    anon(1852343) and sinfocomar like this.
    08-02-13 11:32 AM
    Again, BBRY has indicated, for all intents and purposes, technical support only. As such, with no "software" updates on the horizon, would this not effectively make the product EOL?

From a carrier perspective, it would also appear that they BELL and Telus have indicated that for them the product is EOL. So, I assume we can effectively call it as EOL.
    08-02-13 11:51 AM
    Right now - it's a NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE!
    08-02-13 12:17 PM
    I can't see that it's EOL, since mine is still functioning just as well as it has for the last 2+ years. When support for it is pulled (as Microsoft does with its software) then I'd say it's EOL.
    08-03-13 12:53 PM
    I can't see that it's EOL, since mine is still functioning just as well as it has for the last 2+ years. When support for it is pulled (as Microsoft does with its software) then I'd say it's EOL.
    Mine isn't functioning as well as it did since January 30th. Now it's almost useless.
    08-03-13 04:23 PM
    It'll probably have minor updates. They haven't said officially that it's EOL at this point. It's a sore spot that they're trying to dodge and avoid at this point. I think at the next major event, they will announce where they want to go with the PB. All they've said so far is that there won't be BB10
    What makes you think that they are going to touch on any subject related to playbook ? So far they did an exceptional job of not talking about the playbook. At least not directly. Using crackberry as their mouth piece or tweeting. They would have use the Instagram too have it been available. Who are we kidding? Of course they are going to use in house app, the soon to be the mother of all social messaging app. BBM! Oh wait, not available for playbook! Hmmmmmm...let me imagine IPod touch and IPad with no IMessage app. Mind blowing indeed.
    Ragwan likes this.
    08-03-13 08:04 PM
    no it is not
    08-03-13 09:03 PM
    Mine is used all the time what's best is you can get a great tablet for almost nothing. Which is good for people with low tech needs. They get email access and browsing plus various useful apps. They can also use it for time management and financial records keeping.

I use mine all the time, it's small, well built and very portable.

I don't understand why it's not popular.

Posted via CB10
    FF22, Robert Roger and rdm101 like this.
    08-03-13 09:56 PM
    Mine is used all the time what's best is you can get a great tablet for almost nothing. Which is good for people with low tech needs. They get email access and browsing plus various useful apps. They can also use it for time management and financial records keeping.

I use mine all the time, it's small, well built and very portable.

I don't understand why it's not popular.

Posted via CB10
    You honestly don't understand? There's no apps, lol. Got mine launch day $699. This wednesday got Note 8.0 for $379 and, wow. It's so nice to be able to actually do something now. Was out to dinner last month and my cousin had a Z10 and I had my S4, all I had to do was show him The Simpsons: Tapped Out, lol. His exact words to me were, yea, I found out pretty quick there's no apps. It's just too bad really, BB10 and the Playbook are superior OS's / UI's to anything, there's just nothing to do on them
    08-04-13 01:19 AM
    You honestly don't understand? There's no apps, lol. Got mine launch day $699. This wednesday got Note 8.0 for $379 and, wow. It's so nice to be able to actually do something now. Was out to dinner last month and my cousin had a Z10 and I had my S4, all I had to do was show him The Simpsons: Tapped Out, lol. His exact words to me were, yea, I found out pretty quick there's no apps. It's just too bad really, BB10 and the Playbook are superior OS's / UI's to anything, there's just nothing to do on them
    You are like everyone else, clueless when it comes to knowing what you need. Sadly your kind drive the markets, luckily your kind also can't stay with one brand too long you are all over the place which is good. You are more likely to buy something because others will be impressed than buying something that you actually need. Believe it or not many of us use devices to aid us in self organization, productivity and communication. Apps are important but if that's what you are using to justify purchasing something you will never be satisfied because as soon as the next shiny thing comes out you will find flaws with what you currently have.

My friend gets the newest gadgets and is always using the dumbest examples to justify his purchases.. zomg I got a note 48288282 I can hovers my finger over the screen and it opens up menus.. LEET!

One week he trashes Google and loves apple a month later he's saying how much Google rocks and apple sucks.

Posted via CB10
    Robert Roger, der_mit and 3yE like this.
    08-04-13 01:22 AM
    You are like everyone else, clueless when it comes to knowing what you need. Sadly your kind drive the markets, luckily your kind also can't stay with one brand too long you are all over the place which is good. You are more likely to buy something because others will be impressed than buying something that you actually need. Believe it or not many of us use devices to aid us in self organization, productivity and communication. Apps are important but if that's what you are using to justify purchasing something you will never be satisfied because as soon as the next shiny thing comes out you will find flaws with what you currently have.

My friend gets the newest gadgets and is always using the dumbest examples to justify his purchases.. zomg I got a note 48288282 I can hovers my finger over the screen and it opens up menus.. LEET!

Posted via CB10
    When are those "self organization, productivity and communication" core features found in BB10 coming to the PlayBook? If not, we need apps...
    08-04-13 01:30 AM

One week he trashes Google and loves apple a month later he's saying how much Google rocks and apple sucks.

Posted via CB10
    Classic case of denial..
    SMocek likes this.
    08-04-13 02:44 AM
    Imho, I think the playbook is pretty much in a pseudo-eol state, and is just a tick from going full eol.

And apps do make a diiference, regardless what anyone says, I mean a good example would be the origami browser, it fixed what BB should have fixed a while ago, and it an app.
    08-04-13 03:28 AM
    That's funny, my playbook has apps on it. It still does my stock checks, email, scheduling, calendars, notes, box, even a couple of games.

I do miss the full bridge function, however, it still is my go to large screen workhorse. Guess for now it's still alive and well.
    08-04-13 04:23 AM
    I think it was EOL the moment it came out without a native email app.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-04-13 08:29 AM
    EOL was launch day.
    08-04-13 08:49 AM
    If the Playbook is indeed "EOL", then let's get on with it. I want to buy 4 more units at $50 each, so I can use them as video cameras for recording training sessions and conferences. Anybody willing to sell me their Playbook for $50?
    rdm101 likes this.
    08-04-13 09:23 AM
    If the Playbook is indeed "EOL", then let's get on with it. I want to buy 4 more units at $50 each, so I can use them as video cameras for recording training sessions and conferences. Anybody willing to sell me their Playbook for $50?
    I would say that you wish will be granted in the next few weeks - just keep looking. I just looked and CraigsList is still showing $100 to $150 or so.
    08-04-13 10:33 AM
    You honestly don't understand? There's no apps, lol.
    There are numerous apps, some of which I have bought.

What I understand is that people who post incorrect information, whose inaccuracy is easily ascertainable, are jackasses and/or clowns.
    08-04-13 11:01 AM
    There are numerous apps, some of which I have bought.

What I understand is that people who post incorrect information, whose inaccuracy is easily ascertainable, are jackasses and/or clowns.
    There are plenty apps I have bought a few and they work really well.. people just want the most glamorous thing available regardless of if they can use it or not. It's a fact of life. You buy something, all hyped up, you use it for two days, realize you don't need it..

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 11:41 AM
    I still on occasion get windows 98 and 2000 updates.
    08-04-13 12:00 PM
    Yea
    People make it sound like someone will go home to home taking play books away.. it's your PlayBook it is what it is and can still be very useful lol.

Oh well.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 12:12 PM
28 12