Hey PlayBook UK, just for you. It will compliment your rose tinted glasses nicely. Much love and all that... ;-)

Is the PlayBook End of Life?-troll-food-2.jpg
    04-15-14 08:55 AM
    Hey PlayBook UK, just for you. It will compliment your rose tinted glasses nicely. Much love and all that... ;-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Troll Food 2.JPG 
Views:	994 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	263300
    I just want facts. Not rumours.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    04-15-14 09:03 AM
    @geekl33tgamer - Ah, name-calling, that generally helps...
    geekl33tgamer likes this.
    04-15-14 09:05 AM
    @geekl33tgamer - Ah, name-calling, that generally helps...
    He's not listening. When I get home tonight I'm going to find the tweets from BlackBerry and Chen's interview transcript about it.

In the meantime, that was my plan B... :-P
    04-15-14 09:35 AM
    What I meant to say (too subtly?), was that calling someone a troll is hardly ever helpful...
    PlayBook UK likes this.
    04-15-14 09:51 AM
    He's not listening. When I get home tonight I'm going to find the tweets from BlackBerry and Chen's interview transcript about it.

I am listening and look forward to your transcripts

04-15-14 10:38 AM
    Think your wrong mate. Looks like you are referring to the July 2013 tweet 'no more significant updates' for the PlayBook when he was still at BlackBerry.

He basically sent you a tweet saying the PlayBook is done. Was .1917 a significant update? No. Yes small patches and maybe security updates but the PlayBook as a product is done from BlackBerry's point of view.

Your petition isn't going to do anything. Now if we're talking about a NEW tablet, that's a different story, but the PlayBook as we know it today is discontinued. Try finding them in stores and see how that goes. They're not even being stocked anymore.

Posted via CB10
    geekl33tgamer likes this.
    04-15-14 11:18 AM
    He basically sent you a tweet saying the PlayBook is done. Was .1917 a significant update? No. Yes small patches and maybe security updates but the PlayBook as a product is done from BlackBerry's point of view.

Your petition isn't going to do anything. Now if we're talking about a NEW tablet, that's a different story, but the PlayBook as we know it today is discontinued. Try finding them in stores and see how that goes. They're not even being stocked anymore.

Posted via CB10
    He said how great the PlayBook is and he has many. You choose to point to the negative. He said nothing other than it was the correct decision. I still am yet to find what is the decision, but maybe we will hear later from the 'transcripts' somebody else is looking for.

04-15-14 11:39 AM
    He said how great the PlayBook is and he has many. You choose to point to the negative. He said nothing other than it was the correct decision. I still am yet to find what is the decision, but maybe we will hear later from the 'transcripts' somebody else is looking for.

He implied it. I've got a PlayBook as well, great tablet for what it does but it was a lost potential. The hardware was great but the software couldn't catch up. Now you can't expect them to go back to the PlayBook since it's an old device.

Why can't you accept the simple fact that there will be no meaningful updates for the PlayBook in the future? It's not like BlackBerry will change their mind and release BlackBerry 10 for the PlayBook. Staff has been significantly reduced and there is a much greater focus on enterprise than ever before.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 02:21 PM
    He implied it. I've got a PlayBook as well, great tablet for what it does but it was a lost potential. The hardware was great but the software couldn't catch up. Now you can't expect them to go back to the PlayBook since it's an old device.

Why can't you accept the simple fact that there will be no meaningful updates for the PlayBook in the future? It's not like BlackBerry will change their mind and release BlackBerry 10 for the PlayBook. Staff has been significantly reduced and there is a much greater focus on enterprise than ever before.

Posted via CB10
    The petition says we accept no BB10, but require Security and Maintenance updates as a minimum.

04-15-14 02:54 PM
    The petition says we accept no BB10, but require Security and Maintenance updates as a minimum.

We require continued Security, Adobe Air and Browser updates. We would like an Android Runtime update on par with BlackBerry 10. We would also like a native BBM application on the BlackBerry PlayBook that includes all the features provided on BlackBerry 10 and phones and tablets on other platforms
    Only one portion of this petition will be happening, care to guess which one?
    04-15-14 02:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Don't rise to it - Playbook UK claims his channel have done a lot for the PB in one thread, then in another post he states his channel is quiet. He's also blamed in another thread developers having a can't do attitude, and it's their fault too.

What a deluded ****. From a development perspective, I can't be bothered with the PB because firstly, to many people on sites like this complain about apps not being native or buggy all to often. Secondly, not many of these devices are in use in the wild, and no killer app is going to change that now. I don't get why a few continue to sugar cost how PB is in 2014, while annoying some development users on this site who may be compelled to make something.

Just saying...
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    04-15-14 02:59 PM
    Don't rise to it - Playbook UK claims his channel have done a lot for the PB in one thread, then in another post he states his channel is quiet. He's also blamed in another thread developers having a can't do attitude, and it's their fault too.

What a deluded ****. From a development perspective, I can't be bothered with the PB because firstly, to many people on sites like this complain about apps not being native or buggy all to often. Secondly, not many of these devices are in use in the wild, and no killer app is going to change that now. I don't get why a few continue to sugar cost how PB is in 2014, while annoying some development users on this site who may be compelled to make something.

Just saying...
    You sound very angry for some reason, calling people names and talking about statements I've made and 'transcripts' from John Chen that don't appear to exist. The 'can't do' attitude was certainly not aimed at developers. Don't know what has upset you, but hopefully we all want the best for the PlayBook and it's support. I've tried to do my best and run with positive news about the PlayBook. I've helped start a petition for continued Security and Maintenance updates. I thought this was a good thing. Have a good day!

Last edited by PlayBook UK; 04-15-14 at 03:47 PM.
    Fire In The Bones likes this.
    04-15-14 03:06 PM
    BB tried to shutdown the servers earlier this year but brought them back when people complained. By this time next year you won't be able to download PB updates from BB's website.
    Got any proof to back that statement?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CB Forums mobile app
    04-15-14 05:25 PM
    Did wipe yesterday and the latest (last) update from server went ok. Now playbook runs like brand new!

(Bold9870 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10 )
    anon(5597702) and Carl Estes like this.
    11-06-14 05:38 AM
    Did wipe yesterday and the latest (last) update from server went ok. Now playbook runs like brand new!

And that's all folks. That is all we will be able to do. wipe and reload to OS.
    They may keep the server powered on but not forever, cost nothing but the electricity. No coders, no testers, no nothing. Once they see that the "reloading of OS and the last update(s)" numbers start to drop off, then they will shut it down...
    The only updates we will see are "app" updates on the pb.
    Playbook? Zilch.....
    Elvis has left the building.....
    11-06-14 09:28 AM
    Is it possible to make an autoloader of last PB OS, so that we can have it for when we want to freshen up the PB?

I plan on using mine for a while just to watch tv shows / movies during my commute, really dont need it for anything else...
    11-06-14 10:20 AM
    Is it possible to make an autoloader of last PB OS, so that we can have it for when we want to freshen up the PB?

I plan on using mine for a while just to watch tv shows / movies during my commute, really dont need it for anything else...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...1917-a-920440/
    FCSC likes this.
    11-06-14 12:45 PM
    Ah! I should have found that when I serached, whoops. Much appreciated!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-06-14 04:00 PM
    They may keep the server powered on but not forever, cost nothing but the electricity. No coders, no testers, no nothing. Once they see that the "reloading of OS and the last update(s)" numbers start to drop off, then they will shut it down...
    Playbook? Zilch.....
    I'm curious (and don't know the answer), have BlackBerry shut down any OS for old phones and prevented the last version being loaded?

Can I not turn on my old 8700 and load the last available OS?
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Banco; 11-07-14 at 04:19 AM.
    11-06-14 04:13 PM

LOL! Tweets are not facts you dolt. I suppose your believe every piece of garbage on Farcebook as well ?

Dear lord ...
    11-07-14 08:14 PM
    Playbook? Zilch.....
    I think that hosting cost them nothing (they need to have host for other services, easy to piggyback), they can easily keep it live for 5-10 years even longer.

11-11-14 01:56 AM
47 12