Or pair of boxers?
    Or a sandwich spread...
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-03-12 07:07 PM
    I do not know what person or group of people came up with the name Playbook but perhaps it is indicative of the corporate thinking that has almost brought Blackberry to its knees. Blackberry owners are not interested in playing at anything- we can leave that to the Apple owners. Additionally the word Playbook is too similar to Playboy - I would prefer to leave the signature off emails sent from my device. Could not some other name be devised - I offer Blackberry Escribe .

May I also offer advice to the BB hierarchy- 4 phones would be sufficient- a basic physical keyboard with no touch screen and a low entry price, a physical keyboard and touch screen phone, a slider keyboard and touch screen and a full touch screen and virtual keyboard phone with twin cameras.

Do you not know what a "Playbook" is?
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-03-12 07:25 PM
    What a nice, refreshing and completely original positive thread for a change...

Yawn...

So many business experts around here.

"I bought a phone... Now here's what you should have done..."
    I was thinking the same thing, I guess all these people must be millionaires they know so much about business. I was reading the comments on a CBC news story about RIM today, it seemed everyone was a financial genius who could foresee the future.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-03-12 07:34 PM
    Or the 7" version could be the miniPad.
    MiniPad!? Shoot they might as well just call it the tampon
    07-04-12 12:26 AM
    Playbook is an amazing name. The most popular sport in the USA is NFL football and playbook is synonymous with the NFL. When it first came out I was praying RIM would pay some money and get involved in NFL sponsorship somehow and really go into the crazy world of fantasy football. Trust me, that would have been GOLD! As an avid sports addict, I love the name.
    07-04-12 06:38 AM
    I actually like the name. I got the football metaphor immediately and thought it was a good idea.
    07-04-12 08:59 AM
    It's just a name. If Rim had done some decent marketing and been quicker at adding missing features after release, the name would not have been of that much consequence.
    07-04-12 09:10 AM
    Actually, the name "PlayBook" is not really the embarrassing part...

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    07-04-12 09:45 AM
    Actually, the name "PlayBook" is not really the embarrassing part...

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    Could you please fill us in on what is the embarrassing part?
    07-04-12 12:27 PM
    Could you please fill us in on what is the embarrassing part?
    Because you're pretending to be or actually are dense.

It's just a name. If Rim had done some decent marketing and been quicker at adding missing features after release, the name would not have been of that much consequence.
    07-04-12 02:11 PM
    Because you're pretending to be or actually are dense.
    Well if you can't answer a legit question with other than name calling perhaps you shouldn't participate in this discussion.
    07-04-12 02:49 PM
    I do not know what person or group of people came up with the name Playbook but perhaps it is indicative of the corporate thinking that has almost brought Blackberry to its knees. Blackberry owners are not interested in playing at anything- we can leave that to the Apple owners. Additionally the word Playbook is too similar to Playboy - I would prefer to leave the signature off emails sent from my device. Could not some other name be devised - I offer Blackberry Escribe .

May I also offer advice to the BB hierarchy- 4 phones would be sufficient- a basic physical keyboard with no touch screen and a low entry price, a physical keyboard and touch screen phone, a slider keyboard and touch screen and a full touch screen and virtual keyboard phone with twin cameras.
    Now that RIM is in trouble people are picking on whatever they can. No matter what it is!

Do you know how many devices out there have seriously, really, lame, silly or stupid names? But no, no one makes fun of them or thinks they're silly. Do you really think they xPad or the whatever tab is a genious name? I don't think so!

I don't care that much about the name of a device, as long as whatever I'm using works well and fits my purpose.
    Well, as long as the device is not called "****" or something! lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-04-12 03:41 PM

October 2010 called. They want their thread back......
    Thunderbuck and bungaboy like this.
    07-04-12 06:01 PM
    October 2010 called. They want their thread back......
    Now that is funny . . . .
    BBplaybookJS likes this.
    07-04-12 06:24 PM
    Isn't a play book something one would peruse prior to calling one's bookie? I agree they could have done better.
    07-04-12 06:54 PM
    Isn't a play book something one would peruse prior to calling one's bookie? I agree they could have done better.
    Well, Rim certainly gambled!
    07-04-12 08:09 PM
    PlayBook makes your think of Playboy. By god, how old are you? I doubt anyone under the age of 50 knows what Playboy is? Obviously a sexually repressed iPAD owner with a pipe and a smoking jacket.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-04-12 09:34 PM
    "PlayBook" has grown on me. I never liked it when it came out; it didn't appeal to me, because it sounded too un-businesslike. Now, as for apple, I'm so sick of its i-this and i-that naming scheme. It sounds so narcissistic.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-04-12 09:48 PM
    Plus, the term "Playbook" has been used corporately for quite some time.
    The Playbook is a uniquely American term. Hardly anyone outside the US uses it (I think this is likely because the playbook is most often used in American Football, and there is very little like the Football playbook in any other sport). Which is fine, but I find it ironic considering the same posters who are defending the Playbook name are usually the ones insisting that RIM does not need the North American market.
    07-05-12 02:18 AM
    I think Blackberry is a stupid name. And Apple too. Am I buying electronics or fruit? What is this, a grocery store?
    FF22 likes this.
    07-05-12 07:56 AM
    Blacktab, Blackbook, Blackpad - those names would have been better it was important to get black in title. Besides on a business tab to get things done why bring up the word play.
    07-05-12 08:03 AM
    "PlayBook" has grown on me. I never liked it when it came out; it didn't appeal to me, because it sounded too un-businesslike. Now, as for apple, I'm so sick of its i-this and i-that naming scheme. It sounds so narcissistic.
    In the words of Steve Jobs the i is for Internet. It started with the i-mac the Internet ready macintosh.
    07-05-12 08:07 AM
    So iPod means InternetPod?
    07-05-12 08:48 AM
    In the words of Steve Jobs the i is for Internet. It started with the i-mac the Internet ready macintosh.
    I loved how the first iPods connected to the internet.
    07-05-12 08:53 AM
    I loved how the first iPods connected to the internet.
    Yes so to carry it further the ipod is connected to the internet through itunes.
    07-05-12 10:12 AM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD