J Lo and Marc Anthony were on Ellen today plugging their new show. After their interview, the entire audience got a PlayBook. Awesome!
    02-13-12 10:52 AM
    yeah about 400 more playbooks wondering how much GB haha.
    and jlo kind of slapped marc on his head lol.
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-13-12 10:58 AM
    ^_~

That's a few hundred more people with PBs...if they don't sell them.
    02-13-12 10:59 AM
    Is this part of the marketing that Thorsten was talking about? I haven't heard of BlackBerry giveaways like this before... this could be a good thing!
    zethaaron likes this.
    02-13-12 11:13 AM
    The bad news is, 390 of them will soon be listed on eBay.

The good news is, a lot of those savvy buyers will get a terrific deal on a superb tablet.
    02-13-12 11:18 AM
    wow, how confident everyone is that these people will just sell them rather than trying them out and loving them.
    both my mom and mother-in-law thought my playbook was very cool, so why wouldn't ellen's audience members?
    02-13-12 11:24 AM
    I like Ellen....she's special...
    Willard814 and elibohnert like this.
    02-13-12 11:29 AM
    if they are effen noobish they would throw it on sale, i hope they aren't like that.
    but by guessing now some will just sell it right away that's for sure.
    would be lovely if they are gonna try use it, it's even a gift from the ellen degeneres show.
    so come on what goes?
    02-13-12 11:30 AM
    How bout if he gives away 10,000 Keyboard & Case combos?! That's what I'm talking about!!!!!
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-13-12 11:33 AM
    I believe the J-Lo/Marc Anthony show is sponsored by Blackberry, so that would explain the give-away.
    Whether the audience members keep their Playbooks and use them, or sell them on to someone else: either way, that makes 400 more Playbooks out there, so it's a good thing

Si.
    02-13-12 11:41 AM
    I believe the J-Lo/Marc Anthony show is sponsored by Blackberry, so that would explain the give-away.
    Whether the audience members keep their Playbooks and use them, or sell them on to someone else: either way, that makes 400 more Playbooks out there, so it's a good thing

Si.
    it's the ellen degeneres show.
    elibohnert likes this.
    02-13-12 11:43 AM
    I hate to say it, but I just don't think the PB is as suited toward the "Ellen crowd", as say, the Kindle Fire or any number of lesser tablets.

I am reminded of that recent "e-magination" commercial where a video game controller magically appears in the hand of a young English girl from the 1950s and she exclaims, "what IS this?" having never seen anything like it before, Sadly, that's how a lot of people, even today, would react to the PB...
    02-13-12 11:51 AM
    I hate to say it, but I just don't think the PB is as suited toward the "Ellen crowd", as say, the Kindle Fire or any number of lesser tablets.

I am reminded of that recent "e-magination" commercial where a video game controller magically appears in the hand of a young English girl from the 1950s and she exclaims, "what IS this?" having never seen anything like it before, Sadly, that's how a lot of people, even today, would react to the PB...
    blackberry curves would be more fitting
    02-13-12 11:55 AM
    that's good marketing, TONS of people watch the ellen show.
    02-13-12 11:57 AM
    that's very generous and kind. way to go ellen!
    02-13-12 11:59 AM
    it's the ellen degeneres show.
    You're missing the point. J-Lo & Marc Anthony were ON Ellen's show to promote their OWN new show (which is sponsored by Blackberry).
    maddie1128 likes this.
    02-13-12 12:00 PM
    You're missing the point. J-Lo & Marc Anthony were ON Ellen's show to promote their OWN new show (which is sponsored by Blackberry).
    ooooh snap. on that side it's true hahah sorry!
    02-13-12 12:01 PM
    my mom loves her pb, and she loves ellen. its a perfect place to advertise
    02-13-12 12:03 PM
    RIM did the same thing on Ellen's show when the playbook initially launched... didn't seem to do much for sales though.
    02-13-12 12:05 PM
    Lucky audience! But, you know, Ellen always gives out the best stuff on her show.
    hpjrt and Mecca EL like this.
    02-13-12 12:06 PM
    Ellen is freaking awesome! I hope this gains some Playbook popularity as well. The marketers are damn well doing their job right!

Playbook pairing with an authoritative celebrity figure = profit $$$ yay!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-13-12 12:06 PM
    That's certainly true. And RIM could keep track of the 400 "Ellen PBs", determine how many were even activated, then through a PIN-based survey a few months from now, determine how many were sold, as well as gauge consumer satisfaction.

LOL, I guess in retrospect... I was wrong!
    02-13-12 12:16 PM
    I think Ellen will know she has made it when she gives away cars with pb built into the dash.
    02-13-12 12:52 PM
    I think Ellen will know she has made it when she gives away cars with pb built into the dash.
    Ellen is HOT...she's soooo made it...
    02-13-12 12:57 PM
    Like the Porsche at the CES?

"You get a Porsche with a PlayBook in it, You get a Porsche with a PlayBook in it...Everyone in the audience gets a Porsche with a PlayBook in it!"
    jonno_atamaniuk likes this.
    02-13-12 01:23 PM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD