hello,

I was one of the lucky attendees of the DevCon Europe (as a journalist) and got hold of a 16gb Playbook. It's my first with a tablet and i have to say I really like this form factor. My main deception is the battery life. It doesn't seem to last very long (but then again i don't have any other tablet to draw a comparison)

I was wondering if there was a way to quickly turn on/off the wifi connection. I mean I am aware that I can type the wifi icon in the top bar to turn it on/off but then turning it on will not automatically select the known network previously connected. i have to manually go to the wifi option and select this network again.

Have you heard of any third party applications that will automatically connect to a previous connected network in range ?

Thanks
    02-13-12 05:04 AM
    Actually it DOES connect to any saved wi-fi network in the area.

As for you problem..turn flight mode on to disable both wi-fi and BT...that's not faster though
    02-13-12 05:18 AM
    Yeap, it automatically connects to know networks. All you have to do is turn it on. It connects just the same to my BB when I hotspot it. In the wifi settings I have it set to "available networks".
    Last edited by Blkacesvf41; 02-13-12 at 05:37 AM.
    02-13-12 05:32 AM
    Oh yeh indeed it does. I tried this quickly and did not realize it take few seconds for it to actually connect. Sorry my mistake.
    02-13-12 05:50 AM
    To improve battery life, start by decreasing the screen brightness setting from the default, to as low as you can handle. The screen is by far the biggest single user of power on this thing. Also keep your standby timeout short if you can, or use the battery icon to put it in standby immediately when you're done using it.
    02-13-12 07:51 AM
    As for you problem..turn flight mode on to disable both wi-fi and BT...that's not faster though
    Sounds like an app opportunity.
    02-13-12 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD