Hello. So I'm using just one mail account on my playbook(gmail). In order to view all my labels I used Microsoft Active Sync Exchange instead of the standatd gmail account option that the playbook offers.

The problem is I cannot see mails older than 30 days, and as I am sure you know, 30 days is the max you can select in settings. As days go on I lose old emails as they just dissapear from my folders. On my Z10 all my old mails are there. Would like the same thing on my PB. Any ideas or suggestions?

Appreciate it, thanks!
    05-08-14 03:17 PM
    Unfortunately there is no fix with the core mail app to go back past 30 days). The only thing I can recommend is side loading K9 mail to be your email client (it is an android app)

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    mh1983 likes this.
    05-08-14 03:46 PM
    I know that if I use the Gmail option when I set the account instead of microsoft active sync, only the initial retrieval will be limited to 30 days but emails will be kept going forward(now as emails grow older than 30 days they just dissapear). The problem is that if I use the gmail option, I can't see my folders/labels.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 04:02 PM
    Android Email, which is already on your Playbook as part of the android runtime, does not have a 30 day limit. It can be accessed through Quick App Manager (and opther apps), which is fee in app world. If you use it, you'll still get notifications of new incoming mail, but only if you've opened the android player since your last reboot. It won't sync your contacts, but contacts can be imported as a CSV file.
    05-08-14 09:38 PM
    Thanks. I didn't know about this option. I'll give it a try and see what I can make of it !
    05-09-14 03:28 AM
    Android Email, which is already on your Playbook as part of the android runtime, does not have a 30 day limit. It can be accessed through Quick App Manager (and opther apps), which is fee in app world. If you use it, you'll still get notifications of new incoming mail, but only if you've opened the android player since your last reboot. It won't sync your contacts, but contacts can be imported as a CSV file.
    I recently switched over the the Android email app. Much quicker than the native option, I agree. However, how would I go about importing a CSV file with my contacts? Thanks for any help!
    07-27-14 04:39 PM
    how would I go about importing a CSV file with my contacts?
    It's been a while, and it's far from intuitive, but here goes. First, using a PC, access your email account and export your contacts as a csv file (many, but not all, email providers allow for this). Then. transfer this file to your PB's android folder. Now, open the android Contacts app (Quick App Manager may or may not work for this- it doesn't for me- but Ghost Commander should work). From Contacts' main screen, swipe down from the top and choose "Display Options". Here, under the heading "Choose Contacts to display", you'll (hopefully) show one or more accounts. Tap on an account, and put check marks in the boxes. Repeat for the other accounts if desired. Now, go back to the Accounts main screen. Again, swipe down from the top and this time choose "Import/Export"., then "Import from SD Card". Now, choose an account, and then choose to import one, several or all contacts, as desired. Hopefully, this all works smoothly.
    mh1983 likes this.
    07-27-14 05:35 PM