I am starting to get this forum now, posters raise a valid point if it praises BB other posters say they are deluded, if they put BB down in any way they are trolls or sheep. And every couple of months a bush-grown fruit, which is better in a well known dessert, comes along and tries to hijack things. I'm going to enjoy this!!
    Welcome aboard fellow traveller. Take a seat and make yourself comfortable. If the little green hairy intelligent gooseberry, sorry baaaaadddd... Gooseberry bothers you just whisper ice cream to him and he'll disappear again.
    05-25-13 06:03 AM
    warning:

this thread is not for the feint of heart. it is not for the serious person, it is not for the all together sane. this thread just is and will continue to be as long as people continue to be sad and old. As for myself I am neither sad nor old so its come to my attention others are also being consumed.

There is a Mass hystaria among playbook owners, they have been mislead for so many months and eagerly waiting for an upgrade, but one can only wait so long until something snaps. Some lug around enormus tvs, others spend their whole day on Crackberry, while others sit in their room crying all day and all nigjt even in their dreams.

Please Blackberry, how long will you let this horror continue ? is it that your company runs off of salty tears, is that the reason the playbook exists? I'm sure some would say yes.
    05-25-13 06:30 AM
    warning:

this thread is not for the feint of heart. it is not for the serious person, it is not for the all together sane. this thread just is and will continue to be as long as people continue to be sad and old. As for myself I am neither sad nor old so its come to my attention others are also being consumed.

There is a Mass hystaria among playbook owners, they have been mislead for so many months and eagerly waiting for an upgrade, but one can only wait so long until something snaps. Some lug around enormus tvs, others spend their whole day on Crackberry, while others sit in their room crying all day and all nigjt even in their dreams.

Please Blackberry, how long will you let this horror continue ? is it that your company runs off of salty tears, is that the reason the playbook exists? I'm sure some would say yes.
    Now let's analyse this members post and find the truth!

Given that: "this thread is not for the feint of heart. it is not for the serious person, it is not for the all together sane."

If we apply the formula : sin(x)+cos(x)=1+x−x22!−x33!+x44!+x55!−x66!−x77!+

Then apply the variable : "sad and old."

Taking into account that : eπi=−1+i0,oreπi+1=0

The we have a result of '0' which indicates 'false'

Therefore we can only conclude that although well meaning the statement is false! (apart from the reference to insanity which applies to me and is true).
    05-25-13 07:15 AM
    actually, the answer is 42. enough said
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-25-13 08:33 AM
    actually, the answer is 42. enough said
    Watched it as well.
    05-25-13 08:46 AM
    SOM I found the phone for you !!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails PlayBook dumb tablet testing results.-uploadfromtaptalk1369498039042.jpg  
    05-25-13 11:07 AM
    As an avid fan and follower of all things new and spurred on by everyone's enthusiasm for this newly announced vision of our leader, I decided to test out this new idea of thors that's got everyone so excited.

I decided last night to pop down to my local for a quick beer. I can get wifi in my local and never go without my pb but as my Z10 is in retirement and the new number on my 9900 hadn't been activated I decided to use the pb as a guinea pig. (the mobile server)

First problem was disconnecting my 50 inch screen from my home setup but 30 mins later I was on my way. I did receive a few strange looks walking down a very busy main road with a 50 inch tv precariously perched on a wheelbarrow but so what. I was on a fundamental device testing project on behalf of Thor and the BB empire.

More strange looks followed as I entered the bar with my wheelbarrow ensemble but luckily I'm known in there. I purchased an orange juice and went to sit down and encountered my first problem. People, yes people were the problem. They tend to populate public places and squeezing my portable dumb display between them was proving to be a bit of a problem. Undeterred I continued to seek my place amongst society with my new high tech gadget and soon happily found an empty bench in the car park.

PB powered up and still getting wifi connection I felt I was on a roll with my new found gadget and was on the point of a major breakthrough when the first major problem arose. No power socket for the dumb screen. Across the road I noticed that the house opposite had a power socket in the garden. Cut a long story short with the help of several motorists and two six inch nails I had my power source. (wear reflective clothing when stopping cars on a main road).

Anyway with all my jump leads connected I had my dumb tablet switched on and was all set to start testing. As my precious little pb screen was displayed on the dumb screen I felt euphoric but that's when the second major flaw in this design struck. At that moment a bus ran over the cable and it caught in the wheel. Instantly I watched my 50 inch dumb screen accelerate from 0 to about 40 mph and all in less than 3 seconds. Jeremy Clarkson would have been proud and so was I until the sudden stop when my dumb display hit the floor and I realised testing was over.

In conclusion I realise that a proper one would have batteries installed instead of requiring all those pesky jump leads and six inch nails but I still can't see where it works.

Anyway your views on any technical improvements that could be made or any advice you wish to offer would be appreciated.
    my friend ..... i must get drunk to read and understand this properly

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-25-13 11:21 AM
    my friend ..... i must get drunk to read and understand this properly

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    That's because I write them in a way that can only be understood when you've had a drink. I'm not stupid?
    05-29-13 06:59 AM
    I purchased an orange juice? Ordering a juice drink at the bar reminds me of that scene in the movie "The Departed". Except with orange juice...What is it? Your period? LOL...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-29-13 09:30 AM
    I purchased an orange juice? Ordering a juice drink at the bar reminds me of that scene in the movie "The Departed". Except with orange juice...What is it? Your period? LOL...
    Careful now pardner, your in danger of upsetting the gooseberry!. Anyway now your a self confessed murderer of innocent fruit just so that you can consume their lifeblood, my question has to be, what exactly do you have against oranges?

Oh and what exactly was your question again?
    05-29-13 09:40 AM
    Working on a mark II at the moment boys, how about this then,
    Attached Thumbnails PlayBook dumb tablet testing results.-mental-health.jpg  
    05-29-13 10:43 AM
    Working on a mark II at the moment boys, how about this then,
    No use trying to impersonate a gooseberry.. no face...(shakes head...hey, don't have a head!)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-29-13 07:47 PM
    No use trying to impersonate a gooseberry.. no face...(shakes head...hey, don't have a head!)
    Working on a mark III just for you goosey.
    Attached Thumbnails PlayBook dumb tablet testing results.-imahandges.jpg  
    05-30-13 07:41 AM
    My thoughts exactly!

Posted with my Zed via CeeBeeTen
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-30-13 07:54 AM
    Working on a mark III just for you goosey.
    where are the number dials ?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-30-13 08:01 AM
    My thoughts exactly!

Posted with my Zed via CeeBeeTen
    He's actually quite nice for a gooseberry when you get to know him but don't ever tell him I said that!!!!!
    05-30-13 08:01 AM
    where are the number dials ?
    Knew there was something I'd forgot to do? Mind you it's only for the gooseberry and he doesn't have any hands or fingers so......
    05-30-13 08:03 AM
    what if we introduced a red fox in to the mix ?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-30-13 08:16 AM
    what if we introduced a red fox in to the mix ?
    What like Bazil Brush?
    05-30-13 08:37 AM
    What like Bazil Brush?
    He still owes me money...
    05-30-13 09:16 AM
    What like Bazil Brush?
    no not like that I read that red foxes eat gooseberries kinda a little joke
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-30-13 12:06 PM
    no not like that I read that red foxes eat gooseberries kinda a little joke
    I suddenly love foxes. Ah ha gooseberry type person thing, watch out now cause we're armed with a gooseberry eating fox.
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    05-30-13 02:11 PM
    Of course we gooseberries know the dangers of the red fox:
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-30-13 03:21 PM
    So each bush employs a multitude of foxhounds:
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-30-13 03:21 PM
    Of course we gooseberries know the dangers of the red fox:
    Did he get you? Oh please please say he did!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-30-13 03:28 PM
139 ... 23456