I had to
    Didn't they rig the Reliant Robins on the show, so they had much more body roll than normal - remove an ARB or something?

Anyway, Clarkson is just a pantomime character, now, as are "The Help" on his show, doing that whole dumb-for-pay thing. I've long since suspected they don't actually believe a lot of the nonsense they spout on the show, they just do it to appeal to their demographic - the rather damning "gorilla"s (or whatever he called them).

I've no real objection to the lad-ism, with cars, other vehicles, and daftness - it's just the supposed "edgy" and controversial comments they make, whilst looking a bit uncomfortable and sheepish (only Clarkson pulls it off with aplomb - read whatever you like into that...) - but it's not really edgy, it's just "safe" controversy. What they should really do, is stick to the cars, smoking tyres, and being daft, and leave the "ooh" moments, because it's all just so faked these days, it's like you can almost see the wires and the scripts.
    05-23-13 10:02 AM
    In that case you might want to explore:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...am-app-774225/
    Ok boys ok, but look at the prototype of my new gadget then and start drooling. As soon as i find my rubber gloves I'll get it finished! How cool is that for a dumb thingy?
    Attached Thumbnails PlayBook dumb tablet testing results.-i_gadgets_cool_or_useless_035_509e5e80a2113.jpg  
    05-23-13 10:31 AM
    I'm wearing it right now in the local just having a few beers. Everyone thinks it a great concept and say I should continue to be strange. I don't understand that strange bit but it has spurred me ever forward.

For security reasons I am forbidden to show you the real one which is much different but the same really it just has bigger pockets to put the 50 inch screen in and all the peripherals involved. Oh and it has wheels and a car battery in it. Since this looks like being a long term project, you may well be advised to take your holidays now.

I will get there in the end and success will be so sweet. I can't wait to sell one of them to a fanboy!!!!!!!!! Oooppppssss sorry about that.

(shhh I'm not really sorry)
    El Bori likes this.
    05-23-13 10:47 AM
    Ok boys ok, but look at the prototype of my new gadget then and start drooling. As soon as i find my rubber gloves I'll get it finished! How cool is that for a dumb thingy?
    I want one of those for biking and cross-country skiing. Actually, two, one in day-glow orange for biking. The other white so polar bears think I'm one of them.
    sad_old_man and dmlis like this.
    05-23-13 11:11 AM
    Didn't they rig the Reliant Robins on the show, so they had much more body roll than normal - remove an ARB or something?

Anyway, Clarkson is just a pantomime character, now, as are "The Help" on his show, doing that whole dumb-for-pay thing. I've long since suspected they don't actually believe a lot of the nonsense they spout on the show, they just do it to appeal to their demographic - the rather damning "gorilla"s (or whatever he called them).

I've no real objection to the lad-ism, with cars, other vehicles, and daftness - it's just the supposed "edgy" and controversial comments they make, whilst looking a bit uncomfortable and sheepish (only Clarkson pulls it off with aplomb - read whatever you like into that...) - but it's not really edgy, it's just "safe" controversy. What they should really do, is stick to the cars, smoking tyres, and being daft, and leave the "ooh" moments, because it's all just so faked these days, it's like you can almost see the wires and the scripts.
    no I do not believe everything I see or hear for that matter, it does make for an entertaing show though
    05-23-13 11:47 AM
    I want one of those for biking and cross-country skiing. Actually, two, one in day-glow orange for biking. The other white so polar bears think I'm one of them.
    The real ones even better. I just need to overcome the problem of vision. As the pockets are not yet large enough to fit the 50inch screen in, I just used my pb. The main problem on the way to my local was the traffic. I think it would be well suited for the deaf because their hearing is superior to ours but I did enjoy walking down the road with my sight firmly fixed on the two eye level displays I fixed in with sticky tape (upgrade version will be better) but didn't enjoy the abuse from car drivers and on one occasion one particular car driver threatened physical abuse to me but I think he was an Apple user (or a fanboy). Anyway having arrived at my local relatively safely (road safety must be looked at) I ordered my first beer.

As I stood ot the bar (as I thought) sipping my beer and reviewing posts on crackberry and surfing the web I was suddenly forcefully ejected from the bar. Confused I asked the man why and it appears that I wasn't at the bar and each time I put my beer down on the bar as I thought, I was actually putting my beer down on his wife's head. I tried to calm him by flattering his wife by telling him that his wife had perfect posture as my glass didn't slide off her head but all to no avail and I left (doctors appointment to follow).

It definitely needs a little fine tuning but I think I'm almost there here with this? (did I say that right)?

I will succeed in my quest for freedom from technology and end up with just dumb things around me. (exclude my dog please).
    FF22 likes this.
    05-23-13 12:49 PM
    The dumb tablet idea is the dumbest thing I've heard come out from BBRY or its fanboys. Maybe they'll give a free 50" TV and wheelbarrow with every Z10 purchase from now on
    he has 2,,, both are coasters...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-23-13 01:47 PM
    As an avid fan and follower of all things new and spurred on by everyone's enthusiasm for this newly announced vision of our leader, I decided to test out this new idea of thors that's got everyone so excited.

I decided last night to pop down to my local for a quick beer. I can get wifi in my local and never go without my pb but as my Z10 is in retirement and the new number on my 9900 hadn't been activated I decided to use the pb as a guinea pig. (the mobile server)

First problem was disconnecting my 50 inch screen from my home setup but 30 mins later I was on my way. I did receive a few strange looks walking down a very busy main road with a 50 inch tv precariously perched on a wheelbarrow but so what. I was on a fundamental device testing project on behalf of Thor and the BB empire.

More strange looks followed as I entered the bar with my wheelbarrow ensemble but luckily I'm known in there. I purchased an orange juice and went to sit down and encountered my first problem. People, yes people were the problem. They tend to populate public places and squeezing my portable dumb display between them was proving to be a bit of a problem. Undeterred I continued to seek my place amongst society with my new high tech gadget and soon happily found an empty bench in the car park.

PB powered up and still getting wifi connection I felt I was on a roll with my new found gadget and was on the point of a major breakthrough when the first major problem arose. No power socket for the dumb screen. Across the road I noticed that the house opposite had a power socket in the garden. Cut a long story short with the help of several motorists and two six inch nails I had my power source. (wear reflective clothing when stopping cars on a main road).

Anyway with all my jump leads connected I had my dumb tablet switched on and was all set to start testing. As my precious little pb screen was displayed on the dumb screen I felt euphoric but that's when the second major flaw in this design struck. At that moment a bus ran over the cable and it caught in the wheel. Instantly I watched my 50 inch dumb screen accelerate from 0 to about 40 mph and all in less than 3 seconds. Jeremy Clarkson would have been proud and so was I until the sudden stop when my dumb display hit the floor and I realised testing was over.

In conclusion I realise that a proper one would have batteries installed instead of requiring all those pesky jump leads and six inch nails but I still can't see where it works.

Anyway your views on any technical improvements that could be made or any advice you wish to offer would be appreciated.
    classic, SOD,,, CLASSIC, I SAY!!! next time use duct tape & super glue,,, i seriously can't f'n believe you, or any other of these mutts, didn't have ANY f'n duct tape or super f'n glue!!! i'll have to reconsider associating w/ any of yooz 'til yooz gets your sh!ts together!!!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-23-13 01:58 PM
    classic, SOD,,, CLASSIC, I SAY!!! next time use duct tape & super glue,,, i seriously can't f'n believe you, or any other of these mutts, didn't have ANY f'n duct tape or super f'n glue!!! i'll have to reconsider associating w/ any of yooz 'til yooz gets your sh!ts together!!!
    Do you think I'm stupid? Of course I know about superglue and all about sticking everything together apart from what you want sticking together but remember this is a prototype model. I might need to make some final adjustments so superglue will only be used on the development Cxxxgh release. Duck tape is the same so for now I use blue tack and sticky back tape.

Did you never watch Blue Peter? They could make anything from a rabbit hutch to a fully working version of the USS Enterprise with only three empty washing up liquid bottles, two empty toilet roll tubes, some crayons and of course sticky back tape. I learnt everything I know from that tv programme.
    05-23-13 02:26 PM
    Do you think I'm stupid? Of course I know about superglue and all about sticking everything together apart from what you want sticking together but remember this is a prototype model. I might need to make some final adjustments so superglue will only be used on the development Cxxxgh release. Duck tape is the same so for now I use blue tack and sticky back tape.

Did you never watch Blue Peter? They could make anything from a rabbit hutch to a fully working version of the USS Enterprise with only three empty washing up liquid bottles, two empty toilet roll tubes, some crayons and of course sticky back tape. I learnt everything I know from that tv programme.
    not sure what a blue peter is,, but i know i definately don't want one...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-23-13 03:00 PM
    Quite right, too - anybody presenting on TV in the 70s, especially childrens shows, and it's probably safer to point out those not accused of bad stuff.
    05-23-13 03:10 PM
    Before I get berated by the fanboys a 'blue peter' is actually a maritime flag used to signal to other sea going vessels. It was also the logo for a tv program for children.
    05-23-13 03:21 PM
    05-23-13 03:42 PM
    05-23-13 03:49 PM
    Strangely I never thought you liked boats?

"are we ready to sail then capn"?
    05-23-13 04:00 PM
    I wish you people, all of you, would take a rest. My Tivo crashed last night and I've been spending hours trying to get it back up and am continually interrupted by new posts in this forum. There must have been 300 screws and, of course, they are of the torq variety and then a variety of torq sizes. With the occasional phillips thrown for good measure. Then I downloaded the wrong image file. Then I downloaded the right image file and "restored" only to find that it was only PART of the image file and now I could not get access to the drive which was in a partial state of dead!

It may have worked but now I have 600 screws to put back in place. So STOP POSTING!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-23-13 05:39 PM
    As an avid fan and follower of all things new and spurred on by everyone's enthusiasm for this newly announced vision of our leader, I decided to test out this new idea of thors that's got everyone so excited.

I decided last night to pop down to my local for a quick beer. I can get wifi in my local and never go without my pb but as my Z10 is in retirement and the new number on my 9900 hadn't been activated I decided to use the pb as a guinea pig. (the mobile server)

First problem was disconnecting my 50 inch screen from my home setup but 30 mins later I was on my way. I did receive a few strange looks walking down a very busy main road with a 50 inch tv precariously perched on a wheelbarrow but so what. I was on a fundamental device testing project on behalf of Thor and the BB empire.

More strange looks followed as I entered the bar with my wheelbarrow ensemble but luckily I'm known in there. I purchased an orange juice and went to sit down and encountered my first problem. People, yes people were the problem. They tend to populate public places and squeezing my portable dumb display between them was proving to be a bit of a problem. Undeterred I continued to seek my place amongst society with my new high tech gadget and soon happily found an empty bench in the car park.

PB powered up and still getting wifi connection I felt I was on a roll with my new found gadget and was on the point of a major breakthrough when the first major problem arose. No power socket for the dumb screen. Across the road I noticed that the house opposite had a power socket in the garden. Cut a long story short with the help of several motorists and two six inch nails I had my power source. (wear reflective clothing when stopping cars on a main road).

Anyway with all my jump leads connected I had my dumb tablet switched on and was all set to start testing. As my precious little pb screen was displayed on the dumb screen I felt euphoric but that's when the second major flaw in this design struck. At that moment a bus ran over the cable and it caught in the wheel. Instantly I watched my 50 inch dumb screen accelerate from 0 to about 40 mph and all in less than 3 seconds. Jeremy Clarkson would have been proud and so was I until the sudden stop when my dumb display hit the floor and I realised testing was over.

In conclusion I realise that a proper one would have batteries installed instead of requiring all those pesky jump leads and six inch nails but I still can't see where it works.

Anyway your views on any technical improvements that could be made or any advice you wish to offer would be appreciated.
    Sad Old Man weren't you being supervised by your caregivers and why didn't they stop you from wandering down the street? At least I got a hearty laugh from your adventure with mobile computing.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-23-13 09:15 PM
    Sad Old Man weren't you being supervised by your caregivers and why didn't they stop you from wandering down the street? At least I got a hearty laugh from your adventure with mobile computing.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    I have a feeling his caregivers wanted him to go out and play - IN TRAFFIC.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-23-13 10:11 PM
    ^^"Letting him to walk down in a very busy main road with a 50 inch tv precariously perched on a wheelbarrow?" - man, that's murder!

Posted via Z10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-24-13 01:34 AM
    By the way SOM, I hope you have a licence to take you wheelbarrow on public roads. I pay my taxes, so I see no reason why you should not. I think a phone call to the "wheelbarrow licencing authority" is on the cards.

Expect a knock on your door.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-24-13 05:19 AM
    By the way SOM, I hope you have a licence to take you wheelbarrow on public roads. I pay my taxes, so I see no reason why you should not. I think a phone call to the "wheelbarrow licencing authority" is on the cards.

Expect a knock on your door.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I knew there was something I'd forgotten! Mmmmmmmm wonder if I can get one ont tinternet?
    05-24-13 06:33 AM
    I don't know if I'm crazy, but I have an idea, nay a dream of a tablet of amazing build quality with amazing software (bb10) that is a standalone tablet in and of itself, but also has the capability to be a second larger screen for a smaller more capiable device. I also imagine both devices once let's call it bridged for the lack of a better term can share ram and raw processing power, if software integration between two bb10 devices can essentially "link" together the playbook could easilynget beefed up a little for all the bb10 phone owners and give value added expericence
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-24-13 06:50 AM
    I don't know if I'm crazy, but I have an idea, nay a dream of a tablet of amazing build quality with amazing software (bb10) that is a standalone tablet in and of itself, but also has the capability to be a second larger screen for a smaller more capiable device. I also imagine both devices once let's call it bridged for the lack of a better term can share ram and raw processing power, if software integration between two bb10 devices can essentially "link" together the playbook could easilynget beefed up a little for all the bb10 phone owners and give value added expericence
    Want One, want one yes yes yes....... Hold on have you been peeping at my newly designed dumb technology thingy? It does all that as well and after I get the little niggles ironed out and fit it with an 8inch floppy drive I will retail it. What price do you think I should ask?
    05-24-13 07:04 AM
    Want One, want one yes yes yes....... Hold on have you been peeping at my newly designed dumb technology thingy? It does all that as well and after I get the little niggles ironed out and fit it with an 8inch floppy drive I will retail it. What price do you think I should ask?
    well considering you will need 60,000 thousandish floppy discs and will use them all around 30-40 times during install it will probably cost less than anyone wants to pay
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-24-13 07:15 AM
    ^^"Letting him to walk down in a very busy main road with a 50 inch tv precariously perched on a wheelbarrow?" - man, that's murder!

Posted via Z10
    Some could consider it justifiable homicide. Glass half empty/half full!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-24-13 08:12 AM
139 1234 ...