As an avid fan and follower of all things new and spurred on by everyone's enthusiasm for this newly announced vision of our leader, I decided to test out this new idea of thors that's got everyone so excited.

I decided last night to pop down to my local for a quick beer. I can get wifi in my local and never go without my pb but as my Z10 is in retirement and the new number on my 9900 hadn't been activated I decided to use the pb as a guinea pig. (the mobile server)

First problem was disconnecting my 50 inch screen from my home setup but 30 mins later I was on my way. I did receive a few strange looks walking down a very busy main road with a 50 inch tv precariously perched on a wheelbarrow but so what. I was on a fundamental device testing project on behalf of Thor and the BB empire.

More strange looks followed as I entered the bar with my wheelbarrow ensemble but luckily I'm known in there. I purchased an orange juice and went to sit down and encountered my first problem. People, yes people were the problem. They tend to populate public places and squeezing my portable dumb display between them was proving to be a bit of a problem. Undeterred I continued to seek my place amongst society with my new high tech gadget and soon happily found an empty bench in the car park.

PB powered up and still getting wifi connection I felt I was on a roll with my new found gadget and was on the point of a major breakthrough when the first major problem arose. No power socket for the dumb screen. Across the road I noticed that the house opposite had a power socket in the garden. Cut a long story short with the help of several motorists and two six inch nails I had my power source. (wear reflective clothing when stopping cars on a main road).

Anyway with all my jump leads connected I had my dumb tablet switched on and was all set to start testing. As my precious little pb screen was displayed on the dumb screen I felt euphoric but that's when the second major flaw in this design struck. At that moment a bus ran over the cable and it caught in the wheel. Instantly I watched my 50 inch dumb screen accelerate from 0 to about 40 mph and all in less than 3 seconds. Jeremy Clarkson would have been proud and so was I until the sudden stop when my dumb display hit the floor and I realised testing was over.

In conclusion I realise that a proper one would have batteries installed instead of requiring all those pesky jump leads and six inch nails but I still can't see where it works.

Anyway your views on any technical improvements that could be made or any advice you wish to offer would be appreciated.
    FF22, gdg521, eddy_berry and 17 others like this.
    05-22-13 03:41 PM
    If you had fewer posts, I would say you're a troll
    But LOL, why in the world?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-22-13 03:47 PM
    You and the dumb playbook are a perfect pair. At least you didn't get darted.
    05-22-13 03:48 PM
    Lol...

You should use "12-inch" nails instead...

Posted via Z10
    sad_old_man and dmlis like this.
    05-22-13 03:55 PM
    Lol...

Posted via Z10
    I would next time but those were the only nails I had on me at the time. I should have known better. Thanks.
    05-22-13 04:08 PM
    You left a 60 sec imprint boundary of the cellar..... My my this dumb ****er Thor has your round his finger, a z10 and a BIS product sale with old software....

Fancy retiring your z10 to a BIS user lol

*Thor drunks.can't keep BB going, cellar owners are a dying breed, thankful my modern apartment has one albeit of. The same level.
    05-22-13 04:17 PM
    As an avid fan and follower of all things new and spurred on by everyone's enthusiasm for this newly announced vision of our leader, I decided to test out this new idea of thors that's got everyone so excited.

I decided last night to pop down to my local for a quick beer. I can get wifi in my local and never go without my pb but as my Z10 is in retirement and the new number on my 9900 hadn't been activated I decided to use the pb as a guinea pig. (the mobile server)

First problem was disconnecting my 50 inch screen from my home setup but 30 mins later I was on my way. I did receive a few strange looks walking down a very busy main road with a 50 inch tv precariously perched on a wheelbarrow but so what. I was on a fundamental device testing project on behalf of Thor and the BB empire.

More strange looks followed as I entered the bar with my wheelbarrow ensemble but luckily I'm known in there. I purchased an orange juice and went to sit down and encountered my first problem. People, yes people were the problem. They tend to populate public places and squeezing my portable dumb display between them was proving to be a bit of a problem. Undeterred I continued to seek my place amongst society with my new high tech gadget and soon happily found an empty bench in the car park.

PB powered up and still getting wifi connection I felt I was on a roll with my new found gadget and was on the point of a major breakthrough when the first major problem arose. No power socket for the dumb screen. Across the road I noticed that the house opposite had a power socket in the garden. Cut a long story short with the help of several motorists and two six inch nails I had my power source. (wear reflective clothing when stopping cars on a main road).

Anyway with all my jump leads connected I had my dumb tablet switched on and was all set to start testing. As my precious little pb screen was displayed on the dumb screen I felt euphoric but that's when the second major flaw in this design struck. At that moment a bus ran over the cable and it caught in the wheel. Instantly I watched my 50 inch dumb screen accelerate from 0 to about 40 mph and all in less than 3 seconds. Jeremy Clarkson would have been proud and so was I until the sudden stop when my dumb display hit the floor and I realised testing was over.

In conclusion I realise that a proper one would have batteries installed instead of requiring all those pesky jump leads and six inch nails but I still can't see where it works.

Anyway your views on any technical improvements that could be made or any advice you wish to offer would be appreciated.
    You should have stuck to the plan of getting beers. It was that Florida Orange juice which did you in. And thanks for a laugh on this gray afternoon. But I do have a question. You mentioned getting a few odd stares at the pub but since they knew you, why did you get any odd stares?
    05-22-13 04:18 PM
    You should have stuck to the plan of getting beers. It was that Florida Orange juice which did you in. And thanks for a laugh on this gray afternoon. But I do have a question. You mentioned getting a few odd stares at the pub but since they knew you, why did you get any odd stares?
    I was using a different colour wheelbarrow than I normally take.
    finallybb, dmlis, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    05-22-13 04:21 PM
    I had a good chuckle with this post. After this answer I was dying of laughter.
    sad_old_man, dmlis and eldricho like this.
    05-22-13 05:07 PM
    You sure you weren't using a "Norse" of a different color? (and why isn't is Hourse if it's colour?)
    sad_old_man and kbz1960 like this.
    05-22-13 06:44 PM
    I would have carried it for you. That would have at least spared you the weird stares. Hey, I don't have any arms or legs!
    sad_old_man and JeepBB like this.
    05-22-13 07:00 PM
    The dumb tablet idea is the dumbest thing I've heard come out from BBRY or its fanboys. Maybe they'll give a free 50" TV and wheelbarrow with every Z10 purchase from now on
    sad_old_man, kbz1960 and eldricho like this.
    05-22-13 10:32 PM
    Lmao i gotta say, OP's posts are always entertaining and hilarious.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-22-13 10:37 PM
    I would have carried it for you. That would have at least spared you the weird stares. Hey, I don't have any arms or legs!
    He could have pulled the wheelbarrow with the red convertible.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-22-13 11:49 PM
    You lot just wait. Spurred on by my latest defeat I have come up with another cunning plan to beat this dumb technology testing thingy. I plan to test it out later today after I have been to pay my fine for littering the highway with TV parts and causing damage to a bus.

I shall return defeated once more. (I need to think about that one).
    erichobo and eddy_berry like this.
    05-23-13 04:30 AM
    Lol...

Posted via Z10
    Clearly 9-inch are just the right length.
    05-23-13 05:26 AM
    He could have pulled the wheelbarrow with the red convertible.
    Wrong !!!! this post can only be made better by pulling it with a morris marina !!!! cue the piano
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-23-13 07:32 AM
    Clearly 9-inch are just the right length.
    12-inch is the safest... even the Oklahoma tornado couldn't move that...

Posted via Z10
    05-23-13 07:37 AM
    12-inch is the safest... even the Oklahoma tornado couldn't move that...

Posted via Z10
    I'm too subtle. I've always been too subtle. It's a curse, I tell ya.
    05-23-13 07:44 AM
    Wrong !!!! this post can only be made better by pulling it with a morris marina !!!! cue the piano
    Ha ha my good man. You haven't heard about my brand new dumb tablet thingy invention yet. I'm just finishing assembling it now if I can find my rubber gloves.
    05-23-13 07:45 AM
    Ha ha my good man. You haven't heard about my brand new dumb tablet thingy invention yet. I'm just finishing assembling it now if I can find my rubber gloves.
    oh I've been reading I've been reading.

also, consider this, any tablet is a dumb tablet in the hands of a blind,deaf and dumb person.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-23-13 08:09 AM
    oh I've been reading I've been reading.

also, consider this, any tablet is a dumb tablet in the hands of a blind,deaf and dumb person.
    You always have to do it don't you! You just can't seem to help yourself these days. I spent all morning building my new high tech dumb gadget thingy and now you tell me all I had to do was get hold of my pb. Now referee that's unfair and inhuman to underprivileged persons like wot I am. Well it's back to the drawing board I suppose. (mutter mutter godam people)
    05-23-13 08:24 AM
    You always have to do it don't you! You just can't seem to help yourself these days. I spent all morning building my new high tech dumb gadget thingy and now you tell me all I had to do was get hold of my pb. Now referee that's unfair and inhuman to underprivileged persons like wot I am. Well it's back to the drawing board I suppose. (mutter mutter godam people)
    lol all you have to do is lug around a hd projector and a small desiel generator ! problem solved. can lug it around in a relient robin, you could use the extra weight in it
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-23-13 08:48 AM

I had to
    sad_old_man and clowrym like this.
    05-23-13 08:54 AM
    In that case you might want to explore:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...am-app-774225/
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-23-13 09:29 AM
139 123 ...