Hi is it possible for the compatibility of Nintendo DS Roms with the Playbook? Will it be made in the future because that would be superb.
    11-20-11 09:05 PM
    So is there an NDS Emulator for Playbook now that works?
    11-15-12 09:01 PM
    11-15-12 09:19 PM
    I don't think there is, is the playbook even capable?
    08-16-13 12:50 AM
    Someone should port desmume or something, it would be awesome playing professor layton or phoenix wright in the playbook.
    03-08-15 10:58 PM
    Has anyone tried converting the android version to a. Bar file?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 02:38 AM
    Has anyone tried converting the android version to a. Bar file?

Posted via CB10
    Yes none of them work, we need a native app but no developer is interested in developing for the playbook anymore, sadly..... The only hope is if someone updates retroarch for the playbook and adds the nintendo ds core, retroarch is open source.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=812506
    03-09-15 04:37 AM
    Okay I see where we're at... about a year ago I was able to get a version of android running inside the playbook. I believe it was jellybean. Try to get an android OS fully running inside the playbook then install the app inside the android OS.

Does that make sense?

P.S we could all wait for a BB10 tablet instead! Hahaha good luck and I hope this works!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 10:12 AM
    There's already an Android within the PB -- the outdated 2.3 Gingerbread emulator. We're tied to that version of Android, and even if apps work on 2.3, they won't necessarily work sideloaded on the PB.

Guarantee that there is no way to get another type of Android (Jellybean or otherwise) working within the PB. Otherwise, this forum would look a lot different!
    03-09-15 10:39 AM
    Show your support for an update to retroarch for the playbook:
    http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2226
    03-09-15 04:05 PM
    Yup sorry. I'm just trying to contribute to this.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 04:28 PM
    Tbh just pick up a cheap android. Done and done.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 06:51 PM
    Yes none of them work, we need a native app but no developer is interested in developing for the playbook anymore, sadly..... The only hope is if someone updates retroarch for the playbook and adds the nintendo ds core, retroarch is open source.

I would love to program for the Playbook but I don't know anyone else around here who does.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 06:15 PM
    I would love to program for the Playbook but I don't know anyone else around here who does.

Posted via CB10
    You should port desmume for the playbook then.
    03-11-15 01:21 AM
    I've never programmed an emulator but up its open source I can look into it when work isn't so crazy. No guarantees I can do it though.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 10:39 AM
    Okay I see where we're at... about a year ago I was able to get a version of android running inside the playbook. I believe it was jellybean. Try to get an android OS fully running inside the playbook then install the app inside the android OS.

Does that make sense?

P.S we could all wait for a BB10 tablet instead! Hahaha good luck and I hope this works!

Posted via CB10
    You didn't actually get jellybean os running. All you did was install a launcher, which makes it look like you have jellybean os, but you don't.

So you didn't update the android runtime, you just changed how It looks

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-11-15 11:04 AM
    I've never programmed an emulator but up its open source I can look into it when work isn't so crazy. No guarantees I can do it though.

Posted via CB10
    Cool, desmume and retroarch are open source.

Retroarch has a nds core in newer versions but it was never updated for the playbook, also it would be easier to port because there is already a playbook version:
    http://www.libretro.com/
    https://github.com/libretro/RetroArc...y-qnx/playbook
    03-11-15 11:48 AM
    Yup sorry. I'm just trying to contribute to this.

Posted via CB10
    And I am correcting the information that you contributed, as did another poster.
    03-11-15 11:48 AM
    Does anyone have any experience in development? Emulators are usually open source projects that are open for Contribution. Someone could work on porting it to Playbook.
    03-17-15 01:41 PM
    Does anyone have any experience in development? Emulators are usually open source projects that are open for Contribution. Someone could work on porting it to Playbook.
    Maybe travis could do it? port the retroarch nds core, I mean he recently updated the abandoned n64 emulator for the playbook:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=966439

maybe if we pay him? someone should pm him.
    03-17-15 08:05 PM
    Sorry guys, I know I've been absent after saying I'd look into this. Works been crazy. I've worked 20 hour shifts, 26 hour shifts with a short break and my personal life has been rough but all of that should be settling down now and I'll have more free time when home.

I'm going to pull the open source code tonight when I get the chance and start to comb through it.

If anyone has any thoughts, suggestions or know anyone who may be interested in lending a hand or just some knowledge send them my way. They can PM me on here or email me at [email protected].

Please keep in mind that, like I said before, I'll give it a shot but no guarantees as its been a while and I've haven't done much other than just take a peek at emulator source (hope it's documented at least). This would be a fun project and something I would love to see become a reality.

Posted via CB10
    Blackman91 likes this.
    03-18-15 01:33 PM
    Sorry guys, I know I've been absent after saying I'd look into this. Works been crazy. I've worked 20 hour shifts, 26 hour shifts with a short break and my personal life has been rough but all of that should be settling down now and I'll have more free time when home.<br />
    <br />
    I'm going to pull the open source code tonight when I get the chance and start to comb through it. <br />
    <br />
    If anyone has any thoughts, suggestions or know anyone who may be interested in lending a hand or just some knowledge send them my way. They can PM me on here or email me at [email protected]. <br />
    <br />
    Please keep in mind that, like I said before, I'll give it a shot but no guarantees as its been a while and I've haven't done much other than just take a peek at emulator source (hope it's documented at least). This would be a fun project and something I would love to see become a reality.<br />
    <br />
    Posted via CB10
    Thats awesome man! thanks a lot for your interest and effort, hope you succeed. I already contacted travis to ask if he can lend you a hand, he is the guy who ported the neogeo emulators for the playbook and updated the abandoned n64 emulator. Please guys help this man, a nds emulator would be perfect for the playbook.
    03-18-15 02:46 PM
    Sorry guys, I know I've been absent after saying I'd look into this. Works been crazy. I've worked 20 hour shifts, 26 hour shifts with a short break and my personal life has been rough but all of that should be settling down now and I'll have more free time when home.

I'm going to pull the open source code tonight when I get the chance and start to comb through it.

If anyone has any thoughts, suggestions or know anyone who may be interested in lending a hand or just some knowledge send them my way. They can PM me on here or email me at [email protected].

Please keep in mind that, like I said before, I'll give it a shot but no guarantees as its been a while and I've haven't done much other than just take a peek at emulator source (hope it's documented at least). This would be a fun project and something I would love to see become a reality.
    Not enough spare time to lend a hand but I can help troubleshoot or lend some advice if you need.
    03-18-15 05:00 PM
    Ok, I'm going to trudge through the source code tonight and see how daunting the task will be. I know there are emulators for the Playbook already so I'm going to see what code I can pull from them. Much of the work may be done for me.

Thank you in advance for any info you provide or anything else. I'm hoping, if it turns out well, that I can program much more for the Playbook and make it worth people spending the money on. I love mine and use it daily.

Posted via CB10
    Blackman91 likes this.
    03-18-15 05:38 PM
    I'd be willing to test. I have a playbook and have the ability to sideload. Anything I can do to help i'll try

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 06:15 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD